Regarding Aegon and Daenerys

Lord Coldhands

What would happen if Aegon turns out to be a real Targ, and Dany comes to Westeros hoping to claim the Throne? Dany would lose her claim to the Throne, but would she stop there? Or would she forcefully take it with her dragons? Would she marry Aegon? What do you guys think?

What would happen if Aegon turns out to be a real Targ, and Dany comes to Westeros hoping to claim the Throne? Dany would lose her claim to the Throne, but would she stop there? Or would she forcefully take it with her dragons? Would she marry Aegon? What do you guys think?

He's a descendant of Daemon Blackfyre, but I don't think Daenerys will figure out the riddle. I think she will marry him or agree to wed him, but Illyrio, Tyrion, and Aegon will betray her for blood, gold, and love.

In the last books I've been feeling that Dany is loosing the path towards the IT, she has other goals in mind... ending slavery and giving people their freedom. I belive that, once she finds out about Aegon, she wouldn't fight against him... but instead, join forces since in the end, Dany is not searching the IT for herself, she wants it back because it belongs to the Targs, and knowing that she has family alive and searching for the same goal would be only beneficial for her.

I don't see them getting married though, even if that's normal for Targs... Aegon is on a solo situation and getting married with someone who can bring forces to take the IT, like maybe Arianne Martell and have Dorne with him, is something I see more likely to happen.

Dany doesn't seem like someone that really needs to be on the IT... seing Aegon there instead would allow her to continue her own path while being glad the IT is back to the family.

He's a descendant of Daemon Blackfyre, but I don't think Daenerys will figure out the riddle. I think she will marry him or agree to wed him, but Illyrio, Tyrion, and Aegon will betray her for blood, gold, and love.

You think she won't riddle that out, with all mummer's dragon references? I wouldn't bet on that.

You think she won't riddle that out, with all mummer's dragon references? I wouldn't bet on that.

The dragon has three heads. There are two men in the world who I can trust, if I can find them. I will not be alone then. We will be three again the world, like Aegon and his sisters.

Daenerys will want to trust him. Her dear supporter Illyrio will stand behind him. Barristan will want to serve Rhaegar's heir. I'm assuming Rhaegal will let Aegon ride him/her. Tyrion is the only wild card I see.

So you believe that tale about the Pisswater prince and that all that Blackfyre backstory is just fluff?

Fluff? I believe it is a Red herring people made up and people are convince and their only is quotes taken out of context.

And yes I believe the pisswater prince story over made up Blackfye Concoction any day.

R+L=J Proves it for me

I don't think they'll ever meet. I also think Aegon is Blackfyre.

That being said, I feel like Dany would feel relieved in a way if Aegon were to beat her to the punch. I also don't think she'd be attracted to him. I don't know but I feel like she'd be reminded of Viserys on some level even though Aegon doesn't seem like a weakling like Viserys was.

Fluff? I believe it is a Red herring people made up and people are convince and their only is quotes taken out of context.

And yes I believe the pisswater prince story over made up Blackfye Concoction any day.

R+L=J Proves it for me

There is no Aegon in R+L=J.

Aegon being Rhaegar's son or a Blackfyre has no affect on R+L=J.

The big issue is IF Aegon is Rhaegar's son, he has the better claim to the throne...but his story is harder to prove.

IF he is a Blackfyre pretender, then see Aenys Blackfyre.

So you believe that tale about the Pisswater prince and that all that Blackfyre backstory is just fluff?

R+L=J Proves it for me

I'm kinda on the fence with this one. The symbols seem to make out that Aegon is a Blackfyre. The only thing that throws me off is, If Varys and Illyrios whole plan was to put a Blackfyre on the throne why cover it up? If they claim the throne as a Targ that eliminates people saying his claim is false. but that doesn't explain why they would trouble over a Blackfyre rather than a Targ.

The big issue is IF Aegon is Rhaegar's son, he has the better claim to the throne...but his story is harder to prove.

I wasn't Saying that That R+L= Aegon, Everybody and their momma believe that R+L=J despite Jon looking 100% nothing like Rhaegar, and people will go back to Baelor Breakspear to conform it he is just one generation out of the mainstream Targ, If Aegon was a Blackfyre from his mother side, she would to go a non-targ and it would be multiple generations from whatever Blackfyre rebellion till now, that would no way he would look like a Red Dragon, let alone a passable imitation of Rhaegar's son too fool everyone around him.

R+L=J Proves it for me

How does Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna prove that Aegon is the son of Rhaegar and Elia?

If the Blackfyre backstory is a red herring, people didna make up, the George did. And it would be more of a red whale than a red herring.

I'm kinda on the fence with this one. The symbols seem to make out that Aegon is a Blackfyre. The only thing that throws me off is, If Varys and Illyrios whole plan was to put a Blackfyre on the throne why cover it up? If they claim the throne as a Targ that eliminates people saying his claim is false. but that doesn't explain why they would trouble over a Blackfyre rather than a Targ.

Illyrio learned that stating a legal claim as Aenys did and trying to take the 7K with just the GC as BS and Maelys did wasn't gonna cut it. With the son of Rhaegar and Elia though he could add Dorne. And by using Viserys and Daenerys he could add Dothraki and add legitimacy to Aegon's claim. Either the secret knowledge that Blackfyre finally triumphed or exposing the truth after the fait accompli would apparently satisfy Illyrio and the other Blackfyre supporters.

I wasn't Saying that That R+L= Aegon, Everybody and their momma believe that R+L=J despite Jon looking 100% nothing like Rhaegar, and people will go back to Baelor Breakspear to conform it he is just one generation out of the mainstream Targ, If Aegon was a Blackfyre from his mother side, she would to go a non-targ and it would be multiple generations from whatever Blackfyre rebellion till now, that would no way he would look like a Red Dragon, let alone a passable imitation of Rhaegar's son too fool everyone around him.

I am now insane.

R+L=J Proves it for me

I am now insane.

This is the exact same logic you just used in your argument. Seriously.

If I have 10 ice cubes, and you have 11 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer – Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats.

Archived