Couple portmanteaux (or: ship names)

imaginepageant

So you don't like my work? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Oh, no... Those were fine ship names :cheers: Sorry, I didn't mean that way.

Although, Tywin and Rhaella sounds like Tyrell... Mhm, can Marg be their daughter? :)

Oh, no... Those were fine ship names :cheers: Sorry, I didn't mean that way.

Although, Tywin and Rhaella sounds like Tyrell... Mhm, can Marg be their daughter? :)

How did Tywin manage that from Rock? Perhaps he had One Last Night wit Rhaella at HH, before he resigned as Hand? :devil: :devil: I'm not certain about his presence there as I haven't read the world book.

Rhaelwin?

Also, what in the what? Where is this strong hint and how did I miss it?

How did Tywin manage that from Rock? Perhaps he had One Last Night wit Rhaella at HH, before he resigned as Hand? :devil: :devil: I'm not certain about his presence there as I haven't read the world book.

LOL... I was joking, there was a line about Rhaella where maester wrote "what Tywin Lannister thought/did of that is unknown", so some of us were kidding that there is a clue for Tywin/Rhaella romance.

As for Harrenhal, neither Tywin nor Rhaella were there... It is stated in ASOS, not WOIAF.

Jaime and Cersei Jermie?

Jersei :lol:

I saw it in a GoT video on YouTube, I can't remember who the author was.

Even the books themselves kind of play with that. Tyrion remembers Tysha telling him she likes his name - "not the Lannister part. Tyrion. It goes with mine. Tyrion and Tysha. Tysha and Tyrion." That's why I'm disappointed with the show pronunciation of her name, which goes more with Tywin (brrrrrrrr).

I remember thinking, when I was first reading ACOK: hey, you can say the same about "Sansa and Sandor"! And that was at the time I had no idea about the fandom, if it was popular to ship them, or that there was a portmanteau name.

There is also LF mocking some Arryn ancestors of Harry who were a married couple and we're named Alys and Elis or something like that. So, GRRM likes to play with name similarity, at least.

LOST was the best for portmanteau names, for some reason all character names were perfect for hilarious combinations. I remember when people in the fandom would come up with "ship names" just because they were funny, nor because they shipped those people. Ah, those were the days. Some classics, other than canon ones like Skate, Jacket or Chaire, include Bate or Ken (Kate ÷ Ben), Jocke, Rocke, Socke, Kocke, Clocke, Chocke (Locke in combination with various people), SoyLatte (Sawyer + Charlotte - maybe the showrunners eventually made that one sorta canon just for the gloriousness of the portmanteau name).

LOL... I was joking, there was a line about Rhaella where maester wrote "what Tywin Lannister thought/did of that is unknown", so some of us were kidding that there is a clue for Tywin/Rhaella romance.

As for Harrenhal, neither Tywin nor Rhaella were there... It is stated in ASOS, not WOIAF.

I definitely need a re read of all books, as on both my reads I never concentrated hard on any parts which didn't concern the Starks.

• Valon; Maron (Jon)

Jonas, Jonasha (Jon)

Lory; Lorane (Loras)

Loratin; Auratin; Jonatin (Satin)

Edrya; Gendrya; Aegrya, Parya (Arya)

Sangon; Sandry; Sandric; Sanold; Santyrion. (Sansa)

Santyr; Martyr (Petyr)

Joanwin; Shaewin, Rhaewin (Tywin)

Tyrany; Drogany; Eurany (Dany)

Danorah; Dandaario; Danarion, Danold; (Dany)

Podienne; Sandienne

Maegemund, Valmund,

Reyne (Robb + Jeyne)

Edlin,

Algorn

• Valon; Maron (Jon)

Jonas, Jonasha (Jon)

Lory; Lorane (Loras)

Loratin; Auratin; Jonatin (Satin)

Edrya; Gendrya; Aegrya, Parya (Arya)

Sangon; Sandry; Sandric; Sanold; Santyrion. (Sansa)

Santyr; Martyr (Petyr)

Joanwin; Shaewin, Rhaewin (Tywin)

Tyrany; Drogany; Eurany (Dany)

Danorah; Dandaario; Danarion, Danold; (Dany)

Podienne; Sandienne

Maegemund, Valmund,

Reyne (Robb + Jeyne)

Edlin,

Algorn

TBH I don't find it easy to think who most of these are supposed to refer to. Who's the '-old' - Gerold, as in Darkstar? What is "Edlin" and "Algorn"? Who's the "Mar-" in "Maron"?

Glee names were the best.

Finn + Puck

Kurt + Sam

Tina + Kitty.

In The Hunger Games:

Peeta + Katniss = Peeniss (That's why most people prefer to call it "Everlark" for Everdeen + Mellark)

Finnick + Annie = Fannie (much funnier if you're British or know British slang)

Gale + Katniss = Ga(y)niss

Finnick + Katniss = Fatniss

only Hayffie (Haymitch + Effie) doesn't sound hilarious.

I always kinda preferred the old-school Pokémon (and some others) shipping name conventions over the "add two names together" style... since the name itself will then hint at some dynamic or something common in their relationship :)

Jon Arryn x Ned Stark = HonorShipping

Brienne x Jorah = FriendzoneShipping

Varys x Theon = EunuchShipping

Jon Snow x Dany = IceAndFireShipping

Cersei x Jaime = IncestShipping

Littlefinger x Varys = SchemerShipping

Stuff like that :)

Archived