Most Boring POV Character in the Books

teemo

That's easy. Damphair.

Kingsmoot was nevertheless interesting, but generally being in his head makes me really bored. I don't care about the old way, I don't care about his obsession with the Drowned God, there's nothing I can relate to, and he's not even hilarious like Victarion can be in his stupidity. And it's not like I necessarily need to identify with POV characters for them to be fun - reading POVs of terrible people (Chett, Varamyr...) can be really interesting, but that's not the case here, Aeron is not fun in any way,

Areo Hotah. More than any other POV, he feels more like a "pair of eyes" than as full-fledged character.

I actually find all 4 Greyjoy brothers (Balon, Euron, Vic and Aeron) to be really fun to read about. All of them have their so dumb/fanatic/crazy that it's fun quality about them, which I find hilarious and amusing as a reader.

Areo is just supposed to be a pair of eyes ("the watcher"). I think GRRM wrote the whole dornish plot in a different manner than we're used to in ASOIAF. I am actually quite fascinated by Hotah's chapters, as he's been told to obey, guard, watch etc his entire life, but sometimes he feels very natural agreement or respect e.g. for Ellaria

Thankfully most POV who I find boring have their moments. For example Aeron Greyjoy first chapter is awfully boring but I enjoyed the kingsmoot chapter. However even though they have their highs too, I do find Aeron, Brienne POV to be kind of boring. And to some extend Bran too but more in the past than in ADWD. Also Areo Hotah and Quentin. I am having it difficult to pick from among them, really.

The opposite for me. I loved Aeron's first chapter. I didn't like the kingsmoot chapter, especially doctor Watson / Sherlock Holmes style dialogues towards the end. I thought everyone in that chapter looked silly.

But yep, I didn't find any POV entirely boring. All had ups and downs.

At this point there are no boring POV chapters for me, I love everyone and every perspective. But if we're talking about 1st read-through, Bran is by far the most boring. Especially in AGOT and most of ASOS. I also wasn't too interested in Dany's chapters in ADWD, and until ADWD I had never really liked Jon's chapters. The chapters at the wall always felt like I was being taken out of all the action.

Never got why people didn't like Davos though, he was the only POV for team dragonstone, until Asha and Mel came along.

I think Brienne is consistently the most boring. I feel like i must have missed some important details in her chapters because they seem to be pointless and the most interesting thing that happens is that she stumbles across the "gravedigger" and LSH. Also her chapters don't seem to be related to the big picture.

Archived