What's up with Cereal Killers?

peterbound

I can relate. Every once in awhile I go on cereal binges. sometimes I'll go over to my dad's house (I have siblings that are much younger than me, so there is a lot of cereal and milk stocked up there) and get stoned out behind the.garage, thwn go inside and eat like 2 boxes of their cereal.

They seem to always have a few boxes of cinnamon toast crunch (delicious but makes me nauseated after more than a bowl or two), cocoa puffs (I could eat these till I explode) and Froot loops.

I don't do this as often as I used to, but on Christmas morning I am taking it all down!

I was mostly denied the stuff as a child, as my parents were healthfood junkies. We'd get like Shredded Wheat and Grape Nuts and Corn Flakes and such. I remember one of the first moments I truly felt like an adult was shortly after I had gotten my first job. I was standing in the cereal aisle at our local grocery store and was struck with the realization that I could totally buy all the sugar cereal I wanted. FREEDOM!

I love cereal. There have been days when I have eaten it for breakfast lunch and dinner. But my kids don't like it. I have a large variety for them to choose from. Ranging from Healthy to OMG my teeth me teeth!!

My oldest won't even try any of it. He will have toast with fruit on the side. My youngest will try cereal dry. The second I put milk on it. He gives his signature look of disgust and goes and grabs an apple. He will only eat fruit for breakfast otherwise.

He says pancakes and waffles aren't breakfast food. They are snacks.

I mean, he will grab a tomato and just bite into it. Like it's an apple.

It's one of those things. I don't understand them and their rejection of our cereal eating ways. But I love them and accept their strange life choices.

I love cereal. There have been days when I have eaten it for breakfast lunch and dinner. But my kids don't like it. I have a large variety for them to choose from. Ranging from Healthy to OMG my teeth me teeth!!

My oldest won't even try any of it. He will have toast with fruit on the side. My youngest will try cereal dry. The second I put milk on it. He gives his signature look of disgust and goes and grabs an apple. He will only eat fruit for breakfast otherwise.

He says pancakes and waffles aren't breakfast food. They are snacks.

I mean, he will grab a tomato and just bite into it. Like it's an apple.

It's one of those things. I don't understand them and their rejection of our cereal eating ways. But I love them and accept their strange life choices.

Good god, woman! What kind of demons are you sheltering under your roof!?!

Good god, woman! What kind of demons are you sheltering under your roof!?!

I know! I should have suspected the cereal hating creatures I was bringing into the world when I was pregnant with them. 1st pregnancy all I craved was grilled fish with garden salad (I hate salad) 2nd time around all I wanted was a bowl of steamed vegetables with grated cheese on top.

I love and accept them....Love and accept... No matter what. *gasp* They don't like bacon either... Dear God! what have I done?

I know! I should have suspected the cereal hating creatures I was bringing into the world when I was pregnant with them. 1st pregnancy all I craved was grilled fish with garden salad (I hate salad) 2nd time around all I wanted was a bowl of steamed vegetables with grated cheese on top.

I love and accept them....Love and accept... No matter what. *gasp* They don't like bacon either... Dear God! what have I done?

My heart aches for you. This must be so devastating. I'll prayer for your continued strength in these trying times.

I was a cereal monster as a kid and have gone through relapse phases all through my life. I am currently in one now.

When I was a kid my favorite cereal was peanut butter Cap'n Crunch. I'd eat it morning non and night. I'd come home from school and a friend or two would come over and we'd all sit at the kitchen table and much down on the stuff going through a new box in one afternoon. Then they changed the recipe added more preservative and it didn't taste the same anymore.

I went on to other cereals, then I sort of got away from them for a while coming back occasionally but not for long.

Then Kelloggs...fucking Kelloggs brings out a new cereal...Jif...Jif cereal

I just had to try it. And the first bite took me straight back to those afternoons sitting at the kitchen table eating the Cap'n's peanut butter flavored opium. It tasted just the same.

Then I went on bender, more boxes of Jif and then other cereals I haven't had in years and years...I just crave the stuff now. Last week I went through full boxes of Reese's Peanut butter cereal and Trix in the same day.

I've had Fruit Loops, Cocoa Puffs, Waffle Crisp, Cookie Crisp all in the last couple months. Then I got into the really hard stuff...Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles...

I've...I've got a problem...

Archived