What's up with Cereal Killers?

peterbound

I can't keep cereal in the house or I will eat it by the handful throughout the day.

I am also so afflicted.

Can we discuss the serious topic of dry vs. wet cereal killers? Because I've often suspected some deep psychological perversion, some childhood disturbance must be behind the desire, nay, compulsion of so many to take perfectly delicious cereal and drown it in the mammary secretions of a bovidae (or ground up soy beans or almonds which are essentially plant zygotes) until it is a soggy and miserable wreck of its former self.

Sickening.

From when I was way young till I was 19 (maybe 20), I could literally eat nothing all day except 3-4 bowls of cereal. Then suddenly, I just stopped eating cereal, which was weird. Recently though (23 now), I was craving it because I saw Phoebe eating Fruity Loops on FRIENDS, and I got myself a box and it was GOOOOOOOD.

The joys of dry cereal are amazing. Now if they would just market Lucky Charms with only the marshmallows, I might be tempted to consume thier processed, sugary chemical goodness.

I don't know much about cereals as much as I used to, but they still haven't released Lucky Charms Only Marshmallows? My brother and I used always talk about how they should like 5 years ago.

I love cereal, but I go through stages of eating it every day, then go weeks without it. The best cereal I have ever tasted is Lion bar cereal. Chocolate and caramel bites, just like the chocolate bar. It also turns the milk chocolatey. Heaven. I just wolfed down a bowl as I read this thread.

I still love cereal in all of it's sugary goodness. And I absolutely refuse to ruin it by pouring milk on top of it. How does one get the cinnamon-sugar goodness of their toast crunch if it is all floating in milk while the cereal gets soggy?

It is my go to late night snack as well. Think I will get my some as soon as I am done typing this.

I thought I was weird for only eating dry cereal. Good to see I'm not alone. My favorite now is Fruity Pebbles. And I've liked Pops. But I've never been crazy about cereal, especially when I was younger.

My younger brother however, went on like a one year binge where he would eat a huge bowl of Frosted Flakes or Pops in milk for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

haha capn crunch. two cheers for mouth shredders.

am able to eat the fuck right outta cinnamon crunch from whole foods. after third bowl one night, wife filed formal grievance. am accustomed to 'you drink too much' or 'isn't that enough computer time today?' but fucking with my cereal just tears it. i note with no small horror that she has not petitioned against cigarettes--they are literally killing me, yo. there's the locus for crusading!

am able to eat the fuck right outta cinnamon crunch from whole foods. after third bowl one night, wife filed formal grievance. am accustomed to 'you drink too much' or 'isn't that enough computer time today?' but fucking with my cereal just tears it. i note with no small horror that she has not petitioned against cigarettes--they are literally killing me, yo. there's the locus for crusading!

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the sound factor. My wife can't stand slurping and/or crunching noises. Cereal is usually my go to late night snack. Often times she'll be watching one of her shows while I'm on the computer, tearing in to a bowl of sugary goodness. Drives her up the fucking wall.

Archived