How many reads/rereads is considered respectful on the board?

Joey Crows

I'm just starting my fourth reading of the series. That makes me feel miles ahead of the "rabble" haha. Also, miles behind the respected people on the forum. So, just curious, how many times have you guys read the series to date multiple times all the way through? And how many at that?

I'm just starting my fourth reading of the series. That makes me feel miles ahead of the "rabble" haha. Also, miles behind the respected people on the forum. So, just curious, how many times have you guys read the series to date multiple times all the way through? And how many at that?

4th? You're ahead of me. Not counting re-reads of individual chapters, I've only done 2 full run-throughs (1 as-is, 1 chronological). Counting going back to individual chapters or characters, maybe then it is also 4? 6 ? I dunno.

I'm in the middle of my 3rd time through. Though the idea of how many times you've read the material somehow being proportional to a level of respect is rather absurd. If you're still enjoying them, read them one or a million times. If you're not then put em down. Simple as that.

Read the books once they took over my life for a few months so not re read yet but consider myself fairly knowledgable. Been on this everyday for over a year think I've read most theories.

Started to read other books finally to try and get over my asoiaf obsession!!

Can recommend the broken empire trilogy I was great. Just reading the first law now...

Only read it twice, it was enough for me. I can proudly say that without ever having visited this or any forum I did manage to realise many things on my own. It's all in the quality of reading , I don't think I can read it all more than thrice. And if anyone has in anyway implied that no. Of rereads = enhanced reading experience then they are morons.

I have several questions:

1. Who are respected people on the forum?

2. Do you really think that number of reads and rereads actually define your knowledge of ASOIAF?

does it matter, how many times someone has read the book? If someone has re read the books like 20 times but still gets his facts wrong, what is he, if not an illiterate reader?

I agree... I mean, personally have read it 2 times, and I seriously doubt that Ran or Apple have read it as people assume. I have reread some chapters in search for some quotes etc countless times. So, don't you all crack your heads about number of rereads. Sometimes only one is enough.

Archived