How many reads/rereads is considered respectful on the board?

Joey Crows

I have several questions:

1. Who are respected people on the forum?

You of course fireeater, butterbumps, John stergyren, lost meliobion, ran hum, John of the dead, yolkboy, mother of others, northern monkey, aryagonnakill, rhenarys + many more

Spelling obviously wrong on most names and I've probably missed loads

I have several questions:

1. Who are respected people on the forum?

2. Do you really think that number of reads and rereads actually define your knowledge of ASOIAF?

I agree... I mean, personally have read it 2 times, and I seriously doubt that Ran or Apple have read it as people assume. I have reread some chapters in search for some quotes etc countless times. So, don't you all crack your heads about number of rereads. Sometimes only one is enough.

I myself have read it only ones through.My Reading order was all screwed up, even the first time. It went like this

AGOT prologue >Bran I > ALL NED Chapters> ALL Arya chapters through Dance> ALL JON Chapters through dance> ALL TYRION>ALL Dany>All Cat except the RW one, which I read after reading whole series> ALL Bran and so forth, you get the picture.

After my first screwed up read I have read Davos 4 in Dance at least fifty times, just for the Wyman Speech. Several Arya chapters,especially the one ASOS Chapter where Harwin IDs her, this one I have read only for the last part where Arya reminds him how he led her pony and Harwin recognises her.

does it matter, how many times someone has read the book? If someone has re read the books like 20 times but still gets his facts wrong, what is he, if not an illiterate reader?

Thread/

As to my rereading patterns, I've never reread the books in chronological order. I tend to reread all of a particular character's chapter in a book at once and I've reread the chapters of my favorite characters way more times than I have characters I don't like but I've reread every character's chapters at least thrice.

I've read it once through and generally only reread chapters or POVs I like.

I don't care if others find that "respectable" or not. I can discuss it as well as most people here, so I'm not really worried. It's not how many times you've read the material, it's how well you've grasped it that counts.

I've read it once through and generally only reread chapters or POVs I like.

I don't care if others find that "respectable" or not. I can discuss it as well as most people here, so I'm not really worried. It's not how many times you've read the material, it's how well you've grasped it that counts.

Some arrogant posters think, someone who hasn't read the book more than 10,20 times are idiots.

What's up with your avatar?

I'm actually not sure how many times I've read the series. But it's between 5-10. And I'm actually about to do another complete reread pretty soon. While I wouldn't disrespect anyone whose only read them a couple of times, people having read them double-digit and triple-digit amount of times are pretty amazing as well.

Archived