Scariest Movie you saw when you where WAY too young?

JRose1989

I was just remembering the time I stayed up with my sister and dad to watch a movie together.

I was so excited! I was around 8 I think, and felt really grown up. (Waay past bed time you see....)

I asked Dad what we where watching and he wasn't sure, he said a friend at work recommended it.

It was a space movie.

I didn't really like space movies, but I wanted to watch it with my awesome Dad anyway. He worked a lot so we didn't get a lot of time together.

Turns out the movie was Event Horizon.

Well.

After about an hour Dad put me firmly to bed with my sister swearing under his breath at the stupidity of his work mates.

That movie stayed with me for years, I had trouble sleeping and ended up in my sisters bed more often that not because I was terrified of the dark from then on.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar incident in their childhoods?

What did you see WAAAY before you should have and how did you react to it?

Airplane!

I know it's not a scary movie but I was 5 when I saw it in the theater and it freaked me out terribly. It was the music and the way people were just not acting "right". I came home that night and could not sleep a wink, the movie playing over and over in my head, especially the end scene where Otto and his girlfriend take off again and I'm thinking "the plane is still up there!" I remember lying in bed the entire night and just shaking.

I had begged my parents to take me to see it too.

I saw The Howling when I was five. I snuck downstairs one night without my parents realising and watched the entire thing hidden beside the sofa.

lol thats cute, how did you take it?

Also, were your parents just not observant or did they know you were there and just allowed to stay to teach you a lesson, maybe?

ooooooooooor were you just a badass ninja growing up? :D

The Exorcist and The Evil Dead when I was 6. I had liberal parents. I loved both of them. The video nasty hysteria we had in the UK in the early 80s seemed not to take into account the fact that opposed to traumatising children, these movies were of great appeal to kids.

I actually enjoyed the new Hobbit film, but I can understand people disliking it. Apart from Smaug getting killed and Bilbo returning to the Shire it has nothing to do with the novel. It's actually a very loose adaptation of about ten to twenty pages of the appendix to Lord of the Rings.

Edit: The film is not even open everywhere around the world, you know.

Archived