Casterly Rock and Highgarden coming up - maybe spoilers. who knows.

kompaya

In an interview a while back http://www.tiff.net/...s/george-martin students were allowed to ask GRRM questions. One guy asked if there were any new locations yet to be seen in ASOIAF. George mentioned that we had not yet seen Casterly Rock or Highgarden. YET. He specifically mentioned CR and said that the story would definitely go there. But both castles were mentioned as places he expected to write about.

grrm: 'I havent brought the action to CR yet, you havent seen CR or HG,and I think they will become key roles in the books to come'

so what do you guys think? Will we get new POVs or will someone move location? What will happend there and when?

tysm

*edit* great opinions of who goes there and how, but Id like some answers on why grrm has to 'bring the action' there, Imean those castles seems to be a bit off-topic for the rest of the story, so WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEND THERE?

Most likely existing pov characters, will change location. Most likely candidate for CR will be Tyrion or Cersei, as for Highgarden Samwell Tarly is the closest.

Sam going to Highgarden? What would he do there..

If Cersei ends up dying or fleeing King's Landing we'd need another POV there and a Tyrell seems a perfect candidate. Loras, Margaery or Mace perhaps. Any of them could end up going home at some point. Alternatively, Jon Connington could end up attacking HG I suppose.

Mayve we will see HG through a Aeron POV if Euron sacks it (I hope not)

you think Aeron will go with Euron? Anyways, an attempt on Highgarden is possible. All the forces racing up to KL, with the ironborn operating the shield islands...

If Cersei ends up dying or fleeing King's Landing we'd need another POV there and a Tyrell seems a perfect candidate. Loras, Margaery or Mace perhaps. Any of them could end up going home at some point. Alternatively, Jon Connington could end up attacking HG I suppose.

Highgarden is vulnerable, but Storms end is a long way from Highgarden... Ill go with the Ironborn on this one. I thought grrm said that there would be no new povs?

Casterly Rock could be seen in the Winds Prologue. Jeyne Westerling is supposed to appear in that chapter. If she isn't central to it, it could involve her getting dropped off at the Crag and the rest of the party accompanying her and Edmure ending up at Casterly Rock (granted, most people think that party is going to get intercepted far before it gets anywhere near there).

Some have taken Tyrion's experience in charge of the cisterns and drains at Casterly Rock as a sign that he's going to help Daenerys take Casterly Rock, as she took Meereen at least partly through the sewers.

As far as Highgarden, there are people who think the Tyrells could switch to Aegon, or at least some of their bannermen could. If the Tyrells are stuck in King's Landing while their bannermen switch sides, that could allow Aegon and his supporters to take Highgarden.

Casterly Rock could be seen in the Winds Prologue. Jeyne Westerling is supposed to appear in that chapter. If she isn't central to it, it could involve her getting dropped off at the Crag and the rest of the party accompanying her and Edmure ending up at Casterly Rock (granted, most people think that party is going to get intercepted far before it gets anywhere near there).

Some have taken Tyrion's experience in charge of the cisterns and drains at Casterly Rock as a sign that he's going to help Daenerys take Casterly Rock, as she took Meereen at least partly through the sewers.

As far as Highgarden, there are people who think the Tyrells could switch to Aegon, or at least some of their bannermen could. If the Tyrells are stuck in King's Landing while their bannermen switch sides, that could allow Aegon and his supporters to take Highgarden.

Aegon to highgarden is acceptable, but i prefer to think that the ironborn will be there first. Tyrions pipes.. interesting idea but wth would dany do with the rock?!

team westerling.. that idea is interesting ima look into that.

Mayve we will see HG through a Aeron POV if Euron sacks it (I hope not)

This is the first time I've seen this idea, interesting. Maybe Aeron goes there to warn the Tyrells about Euron. That would certainly be an unexpected move from him. The other ones I could see going to HG are JonCon and Arianne (Sam, I think, will remain in Oldtown for a while)

As for CR, I'd bet Cersei will go there, but the Jeyne prologue could be possible there as well

If not as usually a random side character, I'm pretty sure the Blackfish will be the TWOW prologue POV. GRRM implied that the prologue POV could even escape the "having to die" curse for the first time in ASOIAF, I like that. The Casterly POV could be Jaime if he makes it that long (there is "his place" under the Rock somewhere in his dream). Highgarden will be Olenna (ugh, not a fan of that biddy), then GRRM can still claim there is technically no Tyrell POV.

If not as usually a random side character, I'm pretty sure the Blackfish will be the TWOW prologue POV. GRRM implied that the prologue POV could even escape the "having to die" curse for the first time in ASOIAF, I like that. The Casterly POV could be Jaime if he makes it that long (there is "his place" under the Rock somewhere in his dream). Highgarden will be Olenna (ugh, not a fan of that biddy), then GRRM can still claim there is technically no Tyrell POV.

Not Granny Tyrell :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: Iike me some Olenna sarcasm. :crying: :crying: :crying:

I think we will see CR in Dany and Tyrion's POVs when they come to take it. I think we will see HG through either Connington or Arianne when they take it for Dany and Tyrion when they take it.

This is the first time I've seen this idea, interesting. Maybe Aeron goes there to warn the Tyrells about Euron. That would certainly be an unexpected move from him. The other ones I could see going to HG are JonCon and Arianne (Sam, I think, will remain in Oldtown for a while)

As for CR, I'd bet Cersei will go there, but the Jeyne prologue could be possible there as well

I doubt that given Aeron would be betraying his fellow Ironborn, and he is also prejudiced against greenlanders like the Tyrells. It also begs the question of how he would get to HG?

If we're talking books and Highgarden, I wouldn't mind a Wylis Tyrell POV.

If we're talking books and Highgarden, I wouldn't mind a Wylis Tyrell POV.

I think you mean Willas. Wylis is the son of Wyman Manderly.

But I also would not mind a Willas Tyrell POV for Highgarden.

Hope to see both

CR would be through Cersei's eyes, can see Dany and Tyrion going to KL on the East Coast or North. Unless of course Victarion is the one to take Dany to westeros

As for Highgarden, Euron may sack it, but I reckon it would have to be in terms of Samwell Tarly perhaps trying to take Gilly there if there are to be no more new POV's, I don't think it is far from where he grew up

Archived