Does Roslin Frey deserves to die?

joffrey fan

No. What was she supposed to do. Start wailing hysterically and scream out you're all going to die? That wouldn't save any of them and just alienate her family. She clearly thought the RW was wrong given she was crying and later on seemed to grow fond of Edmure. I hope she makes it, though for some reason I think Lady Stoneheart will end up getting her hands on Roslin.

What could she have done to stop it? She was crying as she was being led to the bedding - I'd say she was one of the Freys that disagreed with it. It seems that Edmure himself is fond of her and he's aware of what's happened.

I don't think every single Frey deserves to be killed. Some would have been opposed to it; some are children and women with no way of stopping it. As for Roslin? She may have been given the ultimatum of go along with it and you and your Lord husband will one day live at Riverrun, or refuse and be married to one of your many uncles/great-uncles/nephews. (Given how many of them there are I'm sure she has great nephews her own age.) Or to one of the many Rivers in the Twins.

Deserves implies justice.. According to so.. no, I suppose.

But if I was Jon, Rickon, Stoneheart or anyone else with a good reason for wishing revenge on the Frey's I would have taken some of that out on her, yes. Because revenge is not always in accordance with a just response.

I've argued that before, but in all honesty it was just to play the Frey hater. ;)

No, Roslin was clearly not okay with what was going on from the start. I suppose it could mean that she feared for her family's lives during the battle too, but I tend to believe that she was genuinely upset that a bunch of people were going to die. And of course, it was her own wedding that it was going to happen at. Think about that. What if this girl was like Sansa? What if this girl was like any girl (or boy) who wanted a dream wedding and then got her home covered in rivers of blood while the entire continent talks about what was supposed to be her special day as the symbol of all that her family has done wrong?

Roslin definitely deserves pity. All her adult male relatives deserve nooses.

I've argued that before, but in all honesty it was just to play the Frey hater. ;)

No, Roslin was clearly not okay with what was going on from the start. I suppose it could mean that she feared for her family's lives during the battle too, but I tend to believe that she was genuinely upset that a bunch of people were going to die. And of course, it was her own wedding that it was going to happen at. Think about that. What if this girl was like Sansa? What if this girl was like any girl (or boy) who wanted a dream wedding and then got her home covered in rivers of blood while the entire continent talks about what was supposed to be her special day as the symbol of all that her family has done wrong?

Roslin definitely deserves pity. All her adult male relatives deserve nooses.

I don't think every single one of them was there. I imagine it'd be hard to prove you weren't party to it unless you left before the wedding and never returned to The Twins, but I imagine we may find out that at least a few were against it. Either for moral reasons or because they knew what the ramifications would be.

Since people are so obsessed with revenge, not justice, about the RW yes. She knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it.

Personally I don't believe so. I believe that only those who were plotting have to die.

I'm #1 in revenge and I think Roslin might be the only Frey I could even feel sorry for... Which makes me think that's exactly what GRRM will do next. Make us feel sorry for the Red Bride.

. All her adult male relatives deserve nooses.

Wow, way to choose both sides of the coin. All of them, without exception. The young Walders at Winterfell were obvious involved and deserve nooses. Perwyn and Olyvar who were Robb's guards and considered unreliable, should die. I fail to see how you can condemn everyone based on their gender rather than their participation or willingness, while simultaneously sparing Roslin simply because of her gender.

Wow, way to choose both sides of the coin. All of them, without exception. The young Walders at Winterfell were obvious involved and deserve nooses. Perwyn and Olyvar who were Robb's guards and considered unreliable, should die. I fail to see how you can condemn everyone based on their gender rather than their participation or willingness, while simultaneously sparing Roslin simply because of her gender.

Adult. Male. Was it really that hard to read those two together? I did not excuse Roslin because of her gender solely. I gave what I think was a pretty good analysis of what she may have been feeling and went with that.

I don't think every single one of them was there. I imagine it'd be hard to prove you weren't party to it unless you left before the wedding and never returned to The Twins, but I imagine we may find out that at least a few were against it. Either for moral reasons or because they knew what the ramifications would be.

I feel like the implication should have been the ones who were involved. My fault. Surely Stevron wouldn't have been okay with it.

I feel like the implication should have been the ones who were involved. My fault. Surely Stevron wouldn't have been okay with it.

Robb does seem to think he could have made amends with Stevron had he lived, so perhaps had the latter not died the Red Wedding never happens.

I do want to know where Olyvar, Perwyn and Alessander are. I think their absence must be down to refusal to take part. Were they locked up to prevent them warning anyone? Are they still locked up now? Will they join up with any remaining Stark/Tully loyalists?

I'm #1 in revenge and I think Roslin might be the only Frey I could even feel sorry for... Which makes me think that's exactly what GRRM will do next. Make us feel sorry for the Red Bride.

Sorry but no. If innocent women, men and children should die because their DNA and she was able to continue wearng the facade she deserves to pay too.

Adult. Male. Was it really that hard to read those two together? I did not excuse Roslin because of her gender solely. I gave what I think was a pretty good analysis of what she may have been feeling and went with that.

So you grant Roslin an exception based on her remorse or disapproval, but no one else gets that benefit of the doubt? Since gender's not playing a role. You're a Frey you're dead. Who cares if you were there, participated, approved or not you're strung up next to Podrick. Well, I guess I can see why LS is your favorite character....

Sorry but no. If innocent women, men and children should die because their DNA and she was able to continue wearng the facade she deserves to pay too.

Ouch. Maybe I'm #2 in revenge... :cheers:

So you grant Roslin an exception based on her remorse or disapproval, but no one else gets that benefit of the doubt? Since gender's not playing a role. You're a Frey you're dead. Who cares if you were there, participated, approved or not you're strung up next to Podrick. Well, I guess I can see why LS is your favorite character....

Freyar Morghulis

Archived