Your Holiday Season Traditions

Fragile Bird

Ah, if only. Though a warm Christmas would be pretty weird.

Only the first time. Laying on a beach, with a cold beer, after suffering through an ice storm and blackout as we had last year, makes you think 'why did we not do this years ago?' The trip is everyone's present so there is an almost hassle free holiday.

We bake butter cookies, based off of a recipe from my German great-grandmother. They're quite delicious, and we've baked them every year since I was a kid.

Same goes for the family Christmas Eve Party - I literally haven't missed a single one since I was four years old. We always have a Santa come by that night, too, and it's been the same guy for many years.

Since we are multicultural board, people won't mind me sharing some Serb traditions for Orthodox Christmas that is on January, 7th.

/snip fun stuff

So, those are some Christmas traditions from Serbia...

Sounds like a good time! :cheers:

My husband and I have been driving down to N. Carolina for the past four years to see our daughter, son-in-law, and grandbaby. It's a tough time since there's all sorts of emotions involved - compounded by complete exhaustion, compounded by having to cook in a strange kitchen.

This year we are only spending a short time there, and then back to Michigan. My folks are getting up there in years, so we don't know how much longer they'll be around.

As for food and tradition, it's probably going to be a festivus pole in the corner of my folks' house, followed by feats of strength and airing of grievances. Then we drive home, drink by the light of the Christmas tree I've had up since Thanksgiving (and won't take down till February) cuddle up with our dog, and watch something other than Christmas shows and kiddie programs. I cannot abide the usual Christmas show - they're usually filmed in mid-July and seem so fake to me that I want to shoot the TV screen out. (never mind that I don't own a gun.)

I tend to go for horror movies at this point for some odd reason.

Archived