More Beverages You Are Drinking: Buy-Back Round

Xray the Enforcer

Assertion - nineteen-year-olds presently drink neither Bushmills nor amaretto, and even Kahlua is unlikely.

(Please interpret this as a lighthearted age joke, which I am presently too tired to actually construct.)

I was assuming that their reaction to Bushmills would be one word - (gross).

And if teenaged girls have moved on to some different form of oversweetened garbage, well, I am proud to be out of that loop.

It's a delight. We're using a new triple-sec http://www.drinkupny.com/Pierre_Ferrand_Dry_Curacao_p/s1194.htm which is really delightful. The London Dry gin is OK -- a bit indifferent, and that's totally OK in this case. Fresh limes. And Regan's #6 orange bitters. Even with other triple sec or Cointreau, this is a great refreshing cocktail of relatively low ABV.

Hah, IFC did a Jaws marathon and I'm watching the first one right now.

MC: I hope you enjoy your Merlot.

kairparavel: I hope your find your missing Merlot. The bottle that got away.

Currently drinking Texas Crown. It's pretty much a Crown Royal knockoff (TC is also made in Canada strangely enough), but I find it a lot smoother than CR.

There was still half a bottle. (who are we to let that happen?!?) Just sitting there on the coffee table.

Anyways, I'm drinking some now.

Charles Smith The Velvet Devil

Larry, our wine racks are almost entirely single format beers. There's a bottle of pinot noir, chardonnay and a bottle of bubbles.

The rest is beer. It's kind of terrifying.

At home wine is for cooking only. I even failed to drink a deluxe bottle of Freixenet I bought for Christmas. Whereas beer, we have so much of it spills out of numerous cupboards, bookshelves, multiple storage boxes, the fridge... not to mention the freezer (hops).

I've been drinking JD and JW Black Label every night and felt like I was getting destitute, so I decided to settle on really cheap booze. My cupboard currently has a bottle of Captain Morgan rum and 3 bottles of Benmore scotch. Either does the job without draining my wallet.

I've been drinking JD and JW Black Label every night and felt like I was getting destitute, so I decided to settle on really cheap booze. My cupboard currently has a bottle of Captain Morgan rum and 3 bottles of Benmore scotch. Either does the job without draining my wallet.

Have you tried gasoline? It has lots of carbs so you barely have to eat. Plus it's cheap as all get out these days, and it's commercially available long after the booze shops have closed their doors to the public.

Have you tried gasoline? It has lots of carbs so you barely have to eat. Plus it's cheap as all get out these days, and it's commercially available long after the booze shops have closed their doors to the public.

There's booze far cheaper than gas! I like these two though.

Archived