Do you think Cersei's actions can be justified?

Elia Sand

Well another thing that seemed to have caused the War of Five Kings was Lannister ambitions and influence, this is why the Blackfyre Rebellion seems similar to this war because it was a war caused over legitimacy. Daemon Blackfyre supporters hated the Dornish influence IE Martell influence at court.

I think Cersei's fear can be justified. What Cersei does with this fear is her own choice. She can even chose to judge Maggi's prophecy as true or not. But she seems to believe the prophecy to be true, all the more woe to make the prophecy come to light. Cersei is truly her worst enemy in more way than one, though she does not realize it.

Yes, it does.

The War of the Five Kings is basicly ia succession crisis caused by Cersei not giving Robert trueborn heirs. One child with black hair and blue eyes would have been sufficient to prevent the whole mess.

Yep. Cersei and Jaime are the main cause for the Wot5K. Even Lysa and Petyr couldn't have done what they did if Cersei had just had Robert's children. So no, Cersei isn't justified in any of her actions. I mean, how can she justify sending that poor singer and Falyse Stokeworth to Qyburn or planning to kill the innocent Trystane Martell in front of his father. The only time I felt sorry for her was in the walk of Shame because of how disgustingly sexist it was and still wouldn't root for her in any situation.

Yes, it does.

The War of the Five Kings is basicly ia succession crisis caused by Cersei not giving Robert trueborn heirs. One child with black hair and blue eyes would have been sufficient to prevent the whole mess.

I'm pretty sure that Cersei not giving Robert any trueborn children is something that she and Jaime did together. So you've just proved my point that it doesn't rest on her shoulders. Sure, she has to take her share of blame, but so does Jaime, Ned, Catelyn, Lysa and Littlefinger.

Nope. The war of five kings rests of her shoulders.

I think she had some help starting that war. Lysa and Littlefinger, Jaime throwing Bran out the window. Littlefinger lying about Tyrion, Ned & Cat over reacting before finding out the facts and Joff trying to have Bran killed after Cersei and Jaime failed the first try. What a flusterduck! You can't lay all of that on Cersei. Oh, Lysa telling Cat that the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn.

I'm pretty sure that Cersei not giving Robert any trueborn children is something that she and Jaime did together. So you've just proved my point that it doesn't rest on her shoulders. Sure, she has to take her share of blame, but so does Jaime, Ned, Catelyn, Lysa and Littlefinger.

The conversation was about Cersei so I only mentioned Cersei. I'm all about assigning Jaime the blame too. Those two are the cause.

I think she had some help starting that war. Lysa and Littlefinger, Jaime throwing Bran out the window. Littlefinger lying about Tyrion, Ned & Cat over reacting before finding out the facts and Joff trying to have Bran killed after Cersei and Jaime failed the first try. What a flusterduck! You can't lay all of that on Cersei. Oh, Lysa telling Cat that the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn.

See TywinM and the Wolf Lord's Daughter's posts. No one else would have been able to manipulate things the way they did had Cersei just had kids with Robert. But no, she and Jaime very intentionally usurped Robert's throne.

See TywinM and the Wolf Lord's Daughter's posts. No one else would have been able to manipulate things the way they did had Cersei just had kids with Robert.

Actually it would've been pretty easy. Kill Robert, then Renly rebels with the Tyrells on his side. Lie to Ned that the Lannisters did the deed and he'd most likely rebel too.

Actually it would've been pretty easy. Kill Robert, then Renly rebels with the Tyrells on his side. Lie to Ned that the Lannisters did the deed and he'd most likely rebel too.

Renly wouldn't have rebelled if he didn't feel the need to. If Cersei was a good wife and Robert died, then he wouldn't have rebelled. Part of the reason he rebelled was because he was threatened by Cersei.

The conversation was about Cersei so I only mentioned Cersei. I'm all about assigning Jaime the blame too. Those two are the cause.

See TywinM and the Wolf Lord's Daughter's posts. No one else would have been able to manipulate things the way they did had Cersei just had kids with Robert. But no, she and Jaime very intentionally usurped Robert's throne.

I would not necessarily include Jaime. Yes I know it takes two to tango as it were, however, it was Cersei who conspired to make Jaime take the White so she could be near him. That ploy didn't work out at first. Jaime is only just now realizing just how much Cersei has controlled and manipulated him his entire life. She laughed at him and told him that she had lied to him a thousand times. Jaime stayed true to her and she cheated on him at every turn. She really wanted Rhaegar and even Jaime was a poor substitute for the Prince.

She selfishly kept her life intact so she could continue to be the queen and her children could inherit the throne from Robert whilst keeping Jaime on a leash. She is the one that was so intrinsically evil that it was only her beauty and sex that could blind anyone to what she was really up to. She was a coldhearted killer from childhood. A sociopath. Her blind ambition was all she could see. She could not see past her vanity, her own needs and wants and what she wanted for her children. She blinded herself to Joffrey's cruelty and was afraid to admit that she was afraid of her own son and could wield no control over him. Whereas Jaime was basically a good person, Joff was born bad and under Cersei's tutelage and Robert's complete lack of responsibility, Joff was a monster that was created by both of his lousy parents.

Jaime murdered Robert's children in her womb with moon tea and probably worse at some point. She thought nothing of it. Jaime loved her heart and soul, body and mind. Is he blameless? Of course not. It was Cersei that hatched the schemes and plots, many of which her brother knew nothing about. "She's been fucking Lancel and Kettleback and Moonboy for all I know." That cut him worse than Valyrian Steel ever could.

Yes, their incest helped to start the war, but they had a lot of help. Littlefinger masterminded a great deal behind the scenes, and Joffrey blundered into it making a bad situation even worse. It was Cersei that murdered Robert. It always amazed me that Tyrion had the perfect chance to call her a Kingslayer and kinslayer and have her head on a spike and instead he stayed silent. Cersei took every opportunity to get Tyrion killed.

I didn't read those other posts as yet. I respect other people's opinions, but I prefer to speak my piece even if I am placing both of my big feet into my big mouth. Lol. I cannot stand Cersei. Sorry.. or maybe not.

[mod] Please do not use gendered insults to describe characters. Also, do not derail this into a discussion of the nature of Robert and Cersei's marital relations. If you do, I will close the thread -- we've had enough of that topic (and the gross rape apologia that goes along with it) to last us until at least 2017. Thank you. [/mod]

She doesn't care about the realm. She only cares about her own selfish interests, and the kingdom bled as a result.

Archived