Daynes could be Valyrians or Have the Blood of Old Valyria

King Jon Targaryen I

I am pretty skeptical of this claim but what do you guys think? Is it possible that the Daynes could be in fact Valyrians or a House of Valyrian descent that survived the doom? Like I said I doubt it but its interesting to throw around that maybe they are a Valyrians that likely from the 40 Dragonlord families or one of them like the Targaryens ,Velaryrons, Celtigers but changed their name to Dayne. Again highly skeptical of this theory.

I'd love to hear much more from House Dayne in the coming books. "I am Darkstar and I am of the Night." What in seven hells does he mean? Why is he so very resentful of Arthur? Inquiring minds want to know. At any rate, he is an interesting character, cruel, extremely handsome, strong and angry.

WHY?

So the Daynes that we've had physical descriptions of include:

Ashara - She had haunting purple eyes, but also had dark hair, not the pale silver-gold of the Valyrians.

Edric - Pale Blonde hair and eyes that appear purple

Gerold - Purple eyes and the silvery hair, but with a dark streak through it (I think).

Only darkstar completely fits the bill for a Valyrian, Ashara and Edric don't quite have the hair for it, although Edric almost does.

I'm quite sure, since we know from TWOIAF, that they probably get their drop of dragon blood from the Dayne marriage to Maekar, Egg's father.

So no, we can be certain that the Daynes are not Valyrian, but are ancient Kings of the Torrentine dating back to the Age of Heroes.

You know, that'd be pretty wiggy. At least the Dawn = OG Lightbringer part.

Well, on one side you have Lightbringer, the Long night and the whole Azor Ahai mythos and on the other a sword made out of the heart of a falling star, owned by a the House of Dayne (get it? the house of DAYne) who has an office with the name of Sword of the Morning.

GRRM puts so much emphasis on these features and the targa having them. It seems that the only way the targs have been able to keep these traits is by marring each other. The traits seem resesive as both one of Aegon V's brothers and Rhaegar's daughter had the same features and colouring as their Martell mothers, but nothing seems to have thinned the Dayne blood.

house of dayne is ten thousand years old, older than valyria...perhaps valyrians have dayneish features...

unlikely as Daeron the Drunken had sandy brown which he probably inherited from his unknown dayne mom.

if i had to guess i would say that the dayne married into some valyrian family recently.

I think that the "First Men" was a big group of different ethnics. There were people among them from (nearly)every corner of Essos: the remaining Sarnori, Ghiscari, refugees and outlaws, and even Valyrians. When they arrived to Westeros the "Valyrian First Men" found Dorne a convenient place to live, so they started to live there and became the Daynes. Since not every Dayne has silver hair, it can be caused coz they married with other First Men during their journey to Westeros/Dorne.

Archived