Anybody else think Bloodraven is evil? Evil Bloodraven controlling Bran to do his bidding.

Storm Knight

We all know Bloodraven won't shy away from murder to achieve what he believes is necessary. He was also interested in the higher mysteries that's why he was Aerys's hand (WoIAF spoiler). He disappears after a Ranging to possibly immerse himself into the dark arts. And also Melisandre's vision where she sees an evil sorcerer( can't remeber explicity though what it was) along with a boy with a wolf's head. Maybe Bloodraven is on the wrong side?

I never took the Three-Eyed Raven or the Children of the Forest to be evil. There are theories on the forum that they are both in cohort with the Others, though I don't ascribe to those or even quite understand where they're coming from. The Children of the Forest and the First Men fought against the Others in the Long Winter. I'm not sure how their allegiance would have changed.

As for Melisandre, she would believe that any great-powered faction not aligned with her own to be evil. She may be, albeit unknowingly, the one who brings evil. I have a theory that she and Stannis are ultimately the Night's Queen and the Night's King reincarnate. There are others on this forum that ascribe to that theory as well.

I was talking to someone yesterday who is re-reading the books about how Melisandre thinks he's evil, but she's not really a reliable source. He seems to be good from what we know of him, but you never know.

I've speculated many times that despite the fact that we are always told that a Stark must always be in Winterfell, it is Bloodraven who gets the last 2 Starks to abandon Winterfell. After he does so, we see many strange things occur.

Roose Bolton, a northman who lives further north than Winterfell, is unnerved by the winter than he is receiving at Winterfell. As someone further north than Winterfell, he should be used to a harsher winter, yet he still thinks the winter is wrong (though he blames it on Stannis).

Not only that, but we are told that Winterfell is a warm place, where the walls are heating by hot springs. Yet when Theon attempts to steal fArya, the hot springs in the godswood are freezing over, and the tower where Jeyne is held is cold.

So when Bloodraven gets the last 2 Starks to leave Winterfell, it is only then that things get noticeably bad.

To be honest, Bloodraven is a mystery to me. I've read arguments about his honor versus evil intent a hundred times. I think he was the 1st of his kind (fire) to be drawn into ice magic. He's a trailblazer, not infallible. He may be playing his own GOT, but to what end? He's literally bound to the cave and those dragons are just babies. It's clear that he will teach Bran all he can as he knows Bran is his greenseeing heir apparent. Maybe people with those powers can sense each other. Jojen knew what Bran was after all. And like Jojen, I think BR is just a vehicle for Bran--to get him to the next place Bran needs to be. Bran is good and a confirmed ice fighter (for lack of a better term, sorry)--it doesn't matter what nearly dead Bloodraven's intentions are. Bran has already surpassed that skill set. Regardless of BR's intent, it is very cool to have a living character from the D&E era in the story in such an important role.

Well, most people think that Mel is the evil one and BR is a tragic anti-hero who wants to save the kingdom, I say poo to that. He might be a tree, but I doubt he ever truly stopped playing the game.

While I'm not an expert on Bloodraven's history as I haven't read the Tales of Dunk and Egg or the World Book, the wiki does say that he secretly ruled the 7 Kingdoms. I don't see why this would stop this when he was exiled to the Wall.

The fact that he became as important as possible by becoming Lord Commander suggests this, as well as the fact, that he became the 3 eyed crow suggests that he was still very interested in forging the path of Westoros as he actively engaged in Bran's live as he states that he's watched him his whole life, but only made his presence known when he could bring Bran to himself.

Well, he showed Bran something north of the wall in the Lands of Always Winter , and in vision that scared Bran that made him want to fly and go north of the wall, cause winter was coming...so I guess as it stands it was very convincing to Bran.

I think we can trust him somewhat, that he is not entirely good or bad. At least he seems to have a good reason I guess(if it was a real vision and not was a manipulation)

No, BR is just an end-justifies-the-means, realpolitkan kind of guy with an exaggerated reputation that he likely helped to encourage. He worked to keep the line of the brother he loved, Daeron, on the IT. He worked for what he thought was the good of the realm. He is likely working to stop the Others and Long Night.

He likely deserted on a ranging after having received a message from his predecessor that took him to the CotF cave.

I've speculated many times that despite the fact that we are always told that a Stark must always be in Winterfell, it is Bloodraven who gets the last 2 Starks to abandon Winterfell. After he does so, we see many strange things occur.

Roose Bolton, a northman who lives further north than Winterfell, is unnerved by the winter than he is receiving at Winterfell. As someone further north than Winterfell, he should be used to a harsher winter, yet he still thinks the winter is wrong (though he blames it on Stannis).

Not only that, but we are told that Winterfell is a warm place, where the walls are heating by hot springs. Yet when Theon attempts to steal fArya, the hot springs in the godswood are freezing over, and the tower where Jeyne is held is cold.

So when Bloodraven gets the last 2 Starks to leave Winterfell, it is only then that things get noticeably bad.

Which Stark was on Winterfell b the time of Robert's rebellion though? Ned was fighting a war south and his father and brother were dead.

A part of me thinks BR is working for the greater good, but another part thinks he's still playing the game of thrones, especially now that his rival Bittersteel has returned to Westeros as a golden, grinning skull

“You should be hunting with your brothers. Have you been fighting Drogon again?”

This one is Viserion (the white dragon, which is also the sigil of BR) who fights Drogon (the black dragon) again. This represents the final rundown of the Blackfyres with BR and BS at both sides.

We all know Bloodraven won't shy away from murder to achieve what he believes is necessary. He was also interested in the higher mysteries that's why he was Aerys's hand (WoIAF spoiler). He disappears after a Ranging to possibly immerse himself into the dark arts. And also Melisandre's vision where she sees an evil sorcerer( can't remeber explicity though what it was) along with a boy with a wolf's head. Maybe Bloodraven is on the wrong side?

Mel also burns people alive. Who is the evil one?

A part of me thinks BR is working for the greater good, but another part thinks he's still playing the game of thrones, especially now that his rival Bittersteel has returned to Westeros as a golden, grinning skull

BR's story (during and especially post Aegon) is fascinating. I would like to read how BR reflects upon and reacts to (if he even knows about) the recent resurgence of the Golden Company.

Archived