Ice Dragon confirmed?

John_snur

You folks that haint should totes buy the revised edition of the Ice Dragon. It’s pretty sweet hey!

Adara and her Dragon are pretty Cool. I think it is set in the past and plausibly not in the future. Some tears were shed from me and the Dragon.

I am still looking for a large cold puddle of water in and around the Riverlands. Or maybe there is a large frozen tear somewhere?

How about the Dragon Riders War the South Vs the North.

I too feel it was strange that he allowed so much info about the Ice Dragon in the World Book and also his cleverly re re released Ice Book around the same time. I think it’s a blue herring though and JS is still the metaphorical Ice Dragon. May the Old Gods and the New prove me wrong.

In terms of the short story: The Ice Dragon re-release wasn't GRRM, it was the publisher looking to milk the Game of Thrones cow.

It's not set in the same world, it's a story that he wrote decades before ASOIAF. There's nothing to suggest it's related in any way to ASOIAF other than by implication (again, heavily promoted by the publishers).

Maybe so Lord P, Maybe so but its got his name on it and the money lines his pockets. The Ice Dragon is incorporated into Asoiaf and Twoiaf. Constellation and myths. That's not by accident. That is a shit load of nuggets to suggest anything we can. That is all we have. GRRM is the best shit stirrer I have ever known.

It doesn't prove that Ice Dragons exist. I think it says somewhere afterwards something like sailor's tales or something and lies, so I think that was just a nod to GRRM's past book, and shouldn't been taken as fact as a lot of stuff should.

I think it does suggests there could be a Ice Dragon or several. Go look for the Heart of Winter. Just follow the Blue eye of the Dragon Rider on the Fricken Ice Dragon constellation to find north. Then turn slightly leftish.

But i think its more likely the last one died and that event set the balance of seasons out.

Proof is something no one can prove on this forum. Even if one of us could prove something, dosent mean anyone will believe it does it?

Seeing as duality and balance are central to the ASOIAF, I honestly think it'd be lame to not have any Ice Dragons..

But by that logic we should also be seeing a "fire equivalent" of the Others...

Duality doesn't necessarily mean perfect symmetry. Dragons are fire made flesh, the Others are ice made flesh. For example.

But by that logic we should also be seeing a "fire equivalent" of the Others...

Duality doesn't necessarily mean perfect symmetry. Dragons are fire made flesh, the Others are ice made flesh. For example.

R'hollor and the red priests fulfill that role in my mind, for all we know Melisandres true form is only fire. It would also make sense seeing as she doesn't have to eat or drink, and Moqorro survived so long stranded at sea

I don't think the Ice Dragon short story has anything to do with Westeros, I have gone back and forth on this, and come to the conclusion that the Ice Dragon story happened in a proto- Westeros in GRRM's mind, and many elements from it would later end up in actual Westeros. The Ice Dragon creature in Westeros is probably (at least according to Yandel's description) the same kind of creature as Adara's dragon.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't doubt their existance 100%, we need to keep in mind Maesters are anti-magic, we know something is going on at the Citadel, Marwyn told Samwell the Citadel is creating a world where magic has no place.

It all odd like most of the Maesters are extremely anti-magic. They will always say that it's all legends and tales. Still we all know magic is real in that world.

I think they sent Aemon to the Night's Watch because of his different visions of matters. Qyburn lost his chain because of unspeakable stuff he did (dark magic, necromancy, and other creep stuff).

I wouldn't doubt their existance 100%, we need to keep in mind Maesters are anti-magic, we know something is going on at the Citadel, Marwyn told Samwell the Citadel is creating a world where magic has no place.

It all odd like most of the Maesters are extremely anti-magic. They will always say that it's all legends and tales. Still we all know magic is real in that world.

I think they sent Aemon to the Night's Watch because of his different visions of matters. Qyburn lost his chain because of unspeakable stuff he did (dark magic, necromancy, and other creep stuff).

i think they are behind summerhall too and are anti people of magic blood.

Archived