Shireen, Sweetrobin, Tommen and Myrcella interactions

Malakai Kahn

Shireen Baratheon-Born 289 AC, Daughter of the Master of Ships and Niece of the King

Robert Arryn-Born 292 AC, Son of the Hand of the King

Tommen Baratheon-Born 291 AC, 'Son' of the King

Myrcella Baratheon-Born 290 AC, 'Daughter' of the King

All of these children are of similar ages and would have all lived and grown up together in the Red Keep, how do you think they would have interacted, were any friends? While Cersei and Lysa are both overprotective lunatics, these kids pretty much grew up in the same house meaning there must have been day to day interactions. Just interesting considering the differing and somewhat similar personalities between them. I can imagine Shireen and Myrcella getting on well, not sure how Tommen and Robert would interact and I don't think Joffrey even comes into it.

Well, first thing, Shireen grew up on Dragonstone, IIRC. Second, Red keep isn't "one house". We see, for instance, that Arya and Tommen, didn't interact much, and later in Sansa's chapters that her interactions with Tommen and Myrcella are somewhat limited. I am not sure about relationship between Robert and Tommen, though. I doubt, with such mothers, they were able to find any friends. We even know Lysa sent some boys away when her spoiled son was displeased.

Find it odd that Shireen, Stannis' only child lived away from him her entire life, after all we know that Stannis was living in KL with Jon Arryn and co. I know it's not one house but while Arya lived there for a short amount of time, the other children would have lived there for 8-10 years. I don't see Lysa having the authority to send Prince Tommen away however I can also imagine Tommen not enjoying Roberts company. Sad to think that the only two highborn children close to his age we know of are Psycho Joffrey and SweetRobin

Interesting connection between these kids. Haven't seen it before, so thanks for posting.

We don't have much on Shireen's upbringing, but I think Mladen is right: she was brought up on Dragonstone. IIRC, there is something about her being kept hidden away, due to here greyscale. That might explain why she was not brought to KL. Stannis and Selyse don't get on, which ties in with him keeping his wife (and daughter) on Dragonstone.

Sweetrobin is a bit of an odd child. "Make him fly!" suggests a Joffrey influence! But I doubt he mixed at KL, thanks to Lysa.

As they are all young children, I'm not so sure their possible relationships mean much. Maybe GRRM will do a sequel to ASOIAF about their later lives! If they survive, which doesn't look likely... :-)

They really wouldn't have interacted much. Cersei would have been put off by Robin and considered him unworthy of associating with her kids, and Lysa's paranoia would have never let her trust Robin anywhere near the Lannisters even back in the day. Yes, the Red Keep is not impossibly large, but given how sheltered Robin is it's not hard to believe Lysa didn't let him out of their apartments too much.

Archived