The Battle for Meereen

LordHudson

Having read the winds of winter chapters I can say that the battle for Meereen sounds like the most important and pivotal of the entire series

We have Selmy riding out of Meereen and engaging the Yunki forces. There is no guarantee of success, it's in a vague attempt to break the siege.

Victorian, meanwhile is laying an assault on the sea blockade. The Ironborn, usually are the bad guys, so it's strange for us (the readers) to see them coming in for the good guys.

In amongst the Yunki forces we have fan favourites Tryion and Joer Mormont within a stone's throw of joining up with Dany's forces. Albert, on the wrong side, hanging with Ben Plumm, not overly popular with Dany.

Then out way in the east Dany with Drogon under her control has ran into an old friend.

All these elements are brewing up for......

Dany beating the slavers and leaving slavers bay for good. If Dany goes she will be bringing with her hundreds of thousands of people with her.

As a fan, I would love to see Dany do a baptism of Fire esc (The Godfather) in Westeros to all the evil doers. With blood and fire

Having read the winds of winter chapters I can say that the battle for Meereen sounds like the most important and pivotal of the entire series

Really? No key characters will die yet (well, maybe Barry), and I couldn't possibly care less about what happens to Meereen. The Blackwater was (obviously) more important, so was the Battle of Castle Black, so is the upcoming Battle of Winterfell. Of all battles past and future, this one I care the least about.

Not Jeor, but Jorah Mormont is there^^

Martin published a chapter in whichthe Ironborn capture ships, disguise themselves as traders and Victarion hopes they can pass the blockade of Meereen.

In another chapter Barristan Selmy leads the attack and seems he has a good chance, but not everything is going as he planned. And then suddenly the Ironborn arrive and attack the enemies.

I think nobody important will die in the battle. But after the battle either Daario or Barristan dies when realizes that Skahaz is the Harpy.

Having read the winds of winter chapters I can say that the battle for Meereen sounds like the most important and pivotal of the entire series Probably the battle of the Trident If you ask me

We have Selmy riding out of Meereen and engaging the Yunki forces. There is no guarantee of success, Get real. There is every guarantee of success. The well fleshed out and fearsome 40 or so Ghiscari commanders who clearly have clever tactics like stilts and chained soldiers backed by the most loyal of sellsword companies or The Greatest knight in our time squired by the man he feels is the best natural swordsman since Jamie Lannister and an Army of the worlds finest Infantry? Did i mention the latter have dragons? and A massive Ironborn fleet led by the most powerful red priest that we're aware of. And that the former are dying of plague?

Victarion, meanwhile is laying an assault on the sea blockade. The Ironborn, usually are the bad guys, so it's strange for us (the readers) to see them coming in for the good guys. Nope. Still bad guys. A good act does not wash out the bad. These 'Good guys' killed loads of slaves on the way to Meereen and pillaged from honest tradesmen. Real heroes there.

In amongst the Yunki forces we have fan favourites Tryion and Joer Mormont within a stone's throw of joining up with Dany's forces. Albert, on the wrong side, hanging with Ben Plumm, not overly popular with Dany. Oh Yeah I forgot about them! Yeah they're going to help Dany Too? Geez this battle could really go any way now.

Then out way in the east Dany with Drogon under her control has ran into an old friend.Who is clearly not going to kill her. or hold her hostage. Rr impede her from getting another free army. I mean she's got a free infantry army and a fleet might as well give her cavalry too!

Dany beating the slavers and leaving slavers bay for good. So much for no guarantee of success If Dany goes she will be bringing with her hundreds of thousands of people with her.That eat wood and drink seawater naturally.

As a fan, I would love to see Dany do a baptism of Fire esc (The Godfather) in Westeros to all the evil doers. With blood and fire YAY the beautiful princess returning to defeat the evil baddies, put all wrongs to right and reclaim her throne. Gee am I glad to be reading Frozen.

The battle is no big deal. Disregarding the crackpot theories, everyone knows that the battle will be won. Only the details matter like will Victarion blow the dragonhorn, will it work, will Tyrion manage to save the hostages alive etc.

BTW, if I were a Dany fan, I would not put much hope in that Dany will get a khalassar, come and save the day by sweeping with the Dothraki screamers at her back. Not only this battle but I think Dany will miss a lot of stuff that will happen in SB.

Yeah, I can't say this one approaches the climatic nature of the Blackwater at all. Really the only big thing in this battle seems to be we're going to get to see Viserion and Rhaegal. Along with if Victarion's dragonhorn works and if the Ironborn end up switching sides and pulling out the second they get their dragon. Maybe if Barristan lives or not.

Either way Dany's not going to be involved. She's too far off and I think is going to spend much of the novel using Drogon to gain control of the Dothraki.

Has anybody ever doubted Danearys' success? Its another foregone conclusion, more or less. The battle for Winterfell still has me on the edge of my seat and that's not just because it features the guy in my avatar

Cayrouse, you don't need to be so harsh.

Something I'd like to point out is that Dany's fate is almost as uncertain as Jon's, at the end of dance, if you ask me. Sure, she has a dragon, but the Dothraki are brutal vicious barbarians, and we learn in tpatq that dragons are in fact mortal, and men have succeeded at becoming dragonslayers. Just because Dany has a dragon doesn't necessarily mean she will survive this dothraki horde.

What if the battle of meereen ends up being for nothing? What if it turns out the dothraki acquire drogon? Fans of the show keep saying that ever since Robb Stark died they're cheering for Dany, I think that means she will die.

Most key and pivotal? I think the Battle in the Snow between Stannis and the Boltons is more important, with the outcome still in doubt.

It's a foregone conclusion that Mereen will be a victory for Dany's forces.

I'd be all for Dany's losing at Mereen if that caused her to finally tear up the roots in Essos and go home. :P

I'd be all for Dany's losing at Mereen if that caused her to finally tear up the roots in Essos and go home. :P

Amen to this! The scene where she bamboozled the Masters to get 8600 Unsullied for free was the stuff of legends, but she stayed in Essos far too long for my taste.

I just hope when she DOES head back west, GRRM doesn't treat us to travel chapters every step of the way. I want:

1 chapter for the battle of Mereen (Dany POV or Barristan)

1 chapter to welcome her new warriors (Dany)

1 chapter with Victarion (squeeze in some interactions with the dragons here)

1 chapter at a port city (where she hear news of Westeros and can plot her strategy)

by the 5th chapter, we're back in Westeros

Please... no more filler

We have Selmy riding out of Meereen and engaging the Yunki forces. There is no guarantee of success, it's in a vague attempt to break the siege.

Victorian, meanwhile is laying an assault on the sea blockade. The Ironborn, usually are the bad guys, so it's strange for us (the readers) to see them coming in for the good guys.

In amongst the Yunki forces we have fan favourites Tryion and Joer Mormont within a stone's throw of joining up with Dany's forces. Albert, on the wrong side, hanging with Ben Plumm, not overly popular with Dany.

Then out way in the east Dany with Drogon under her control has ran into an old friend.

Dany beating the slavers and leaving slavers bay for good. If Dany goes she will be bringing with her hundreds of thousands of people with her.

As a fan, I would love to see Dany do a baptism of Fire esc (The Godfather) in Westeros to all the evil doers. With blood and fire

In reference to Tyrion did you read the Tyrion Chapter that comes w/the AWOIAF phone App when you down load the app? ....if not you'll enjoy it.

Alas, two remarks by our author suggest that Daenerys will not leave Essos until near the end of TWoW. Firstly, GRRM said that Mago will be out and about causing trouble for much of the book, and secondly, he said that Dany will not meet Tyrion until late in TWoW. At best these observations suggest that Dany will be on her way at the end of the book, possibly with stop offs in Pentos, or Braavos: in Pentos to get the truth from Magister Illyrio about Young Griff, in Braavos to look for a home for the freedmen (other than the Free Brothers, Stripebacks, and Mother's Men).

Alas, two remarks by our author suggest that Daenerys will not leave Essos until near the end of TWoW. Firstly, GRRM said that Mago will be out and about causing trouble for much of the book, and secondly, he said that Dany will not meet Tyrion until late in TWoW. At best these observations suggest that Dany will be on her way at the end of the book, possibly with stop offs in Pentos, or Braavos: in Pentos to get the truth from Magister Illyrio about Young Griff, in Braavos to look for a home for the freedmen (other than the Free Brothers, Stripebacks, and Mother's Men).

Sigh, the truth burns like dragon fire

GRRM also said that he is unsure if he will reveal Jon's parentage in tWOW or aDOS, perhaps to make room for more travel chapters like Arianne's tWOW sample chapter.

Alas, two remarks by our author suggest that Daenerys will not leave Essos until near the end of TWoW. Firstly, GRRM said that Mago will be out and about causing trouble for much of the book, and secondly, he said that Dany will not meet Tyrion until late in TWoW. At best these observations suggest that Dany will be on her way at the end of the book, possibly with stop offs in Pentos, or Braavos: in Pentos to get the truth from Magister Illyrio about Young Griff, in Braavos to look for a home for the freedmen (other than the Free Brothers, Stripebacks, and Mother's Men).[/quoquote

I have a feeling Dany will head to Asshai (hopefully spelt correctly). To go east you must go west.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just think there is more to come from essos before westeros.

It would be cool if Dany landed at Lannisport

Archived