ASOIF Guessing Game XVI - Favourite chapters - the end

Castellan

RESULTS ONLY POST

instructions for the top five and the next bonus question to come in a new post

#6 ASOS 80 Sansa VII ‘Only Cat

67 pts on 7 lists, highest score 18 lowest 3

Sansa builds a snow castle & Lysa goes out the moon door

By the way, what do you think about TWOW Sansa chapter (or is it Alayne?). I have only just discovered it. Don’t think I like it.

Every player wins a prize. In fact, they win the same prize: five points.

Bustard takes the lead.

Standings after #6

Bustard 54+5=59

Ser Fingerbones 53+5=58

Annara Snow 53+5=58

Grietnog 53+5=58

Ser Blackfyre 56

lil ghost 51+5=56

Kirt 49+5=54

Ramsay Blow 47+5=52

Lord Lyman 45+5=50

Mathis of Rowan 39+5=44

Lord Sapna 35+5=40

Steelborn 29+5=34

Dany Lannister 32

a shadow 18

Honeyed chicken 13+5=18

TC 15

Lyanna <3Rhaegar 5

This is a RESULTS ONLY POST

instructions for the top five and the next bonus question to come in a new post

#6 ASOS 80 Sansa VII ‘Only Cat

on 7 lists, highest score 18 lowest 3

Sansa builds a snow castle & Lysa goes out the moon door

By the way, what do you think about TWOW Sansa chapter (or is it Alayne?). I have only just discovered it. Don’t think I like it.

Every player wins a prize. In fact, they win the same prize: five points.

Bustard takes the lead.

Standings after #6

Bustard 54+5=59

Ser Fingerbones 53+5=58

Annara Snow 53+5=58

Ser Blackfyre 56

Grietnog 53+5=58

lil ghost 51+5=56

Grietnog is ahead of Ser Blackfyre, if these scores are correct.

I quite like the Alayne chapter, it's my 3rd favorite of the TWOW teaser chapters, after "Mercy" (by far the strongest of the released chapters) and the Theon chapter.

How many points did ASOS Sansa VII get?

Quite likely it may happen it's just what you're deciding on, but if not, then I have a question. If my guess is

1. Arya

2. Bran

3. Catelyn

4. Daenerys

5. Eddard

and the answer for #5 turn out to be Daenerys, is my list for the next round

1. Arya

2. Bran

3. Catelyn

4. Eddard

or

1. Arya

2. Bran

3. Catelyn

4. --------

Logically I would say the first, but better to get the confirmation (or negation).

Well, it wouldn't really make too much sense if e.g. a person who guesses #5 as #4 and vice versa (and has all the others right) was "awarded" more minus points than a person who guesses #5 as #2 and #2 as #5, would it? (In fact, the rule as you state it means there is double punishment for the same thing, someone who guesses #5 as #4 loses the points twice.) But if you say it based on some previous game, I think it's best to just wait what Castellan has to say - the wording of the rules certainly doesn't exclude either interpretation so I'd guess that may be just the thing which in one game was interpreted as you remember it and differently in some other one so she now has to choose which pattern she wants to follow.

Ok, just wait till I post the full rules everyone. I'll amend the results post to say wait a bit and then tonight I'll post the explanation of the top five and the bonus clue, as a new post.

I'm quite lost here... Are we supposed to be guessing the top 5 chapters, or what? I don't know what kirt's list is about.

:D It's only an illustration to my question, it has nothing to do with my actual guess, don't worry :D I don't think it bears any similarity to my real list ;) With my actual guess I'm waiting till I'm sure I know the rules :D

at last... The top five

Ladies and gentlemen, thieves and knaves,
Please post a list of your guesses for the remaining five chapters. There are no clues.

What I call #4 and #5 are actually a tie and so please use the list format below - suppose we were playing 'Best actor in Game of Thrones HBO'. - post a list like this

1. Charles Dance
2. Michelle Fairley
3. Peter Dinklage
4 & 5. NIkolaj Coster Waldau & Maisie Williams

Now please read this information about scoring carefully.

I will reveal the correct answers in four successive posts, and you will have the opportunity to change your list between rounds, but there is a cumulative points penalty in how much you can earn for correct answers, for each change.

After you've posted your lists, my next post will reveal the answers for 4 & 5 and award 6 points for each chapter you have correct, so a possible total of 12 points.

Some of you may then wish to make changes to numbers 1-3 on your lists. Please post an amended list - do not go back and edit your old list. People who do not make any changes to their list and get #3 correct will earn 12 points. But if you have changed your list after I announced #4 and #5 you can only earn 9 points for the correct answer.

Then when I announce number 3, some people will want to change their list of #1 and #2. If its the first time they have changed it, they can earn 9 points for the correct answer to #3. But if they also changed it before the previous round, they can only earn 6.

The same applies for number one. People lose another 3 potential points for changing, in addition to the points they have already lost. So if you have changed the list between each of these last four rounds, you will be down to 3 points for a correct answer to #1.

Here are some examples of how scoring works.

Suppose the Best actor list above was actually completely correct. The player who posted it decided to sit tight between every round, makes no changes and earns 12*4 points - 48 points.

Suppose another player initially posted this list:

Charles Dance
Peter Dinklage
Maisie Williams
MIchelle Fairley and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

They earn 6 points for listing Nikolaj Coster-Waldau but MIchelle Fairley was incorrect and now they know that their guess for number 3 - Maisie Williams- is incorrect. They have a think and decide to replace Maisie with Michelle Fairley and hope to earn 9 points. Alas, when #3 is revealed, they find Peter Dinklage is at that spot, which means they earn no points this round and they know their answer to #2 is also incorrect. They think Michelle Fairley must be in the top five but they don't believe she could have beat Charles Dance, so they put her at #2 and earn 6 points, then they sit tight for #1 and earn another 6 points. So they earn a total of 18 points, quite respectable.

By the way, I may or may not post some bonus questions as we go, according to my whim. I have decided not to in this round.

I apologise for the delay which was caused by that thing called 'life', problems accessing the forum. and then some double checking and cogitation on how to treat the tie.

PS Bustard, #6 has already been revealed.

Good Luck!

Thanks Castellan. :)

So torn over this. I have a feeling I may need to alter this later on.

5/4. ADWD Jon XIII/ACOK Daenerys IV

3. ASOS Tyrion X

2. ASOS Tyrion XI

1. ASOS Catelyn VII

Oh, and in regards to the latest Sansa chapter - I loved it. The dialogue was fantastic and it got me really hyped for her coming chapters. Probably one of her best chapters in the series so far, I'd say.

I'm tempted to go all Tyrion here, but I won't quite.

1. AGOT 10, Tyrion I - the slap

2. ADWD 8, Jon II – Edd fetch me a block

3. AGOT 73, Dany X – birth of dragons

4./5. AGOT 70, Tyrion IX – they have my son!! // ASOS 25, Bran II – Meera tells the tale of Lyanna & Rhaegar’s meeting

Archived