ASOIF Guessing Game XVI - Favourite chapters - the end

Castellan

Welcome!

Guessing has at last begun. Anyone can guess, you don't have to have sent a chapter. And you can start playing (guessing) at any time. Explanation of guessing and scoring rules follow.

Game status:

#1 ASOS 51 Catelyn The Red Wedding

#2 ASOS 70 Tyrion - Mountain v Viper

#3 ASOS 27 Dany purchases the Unsullied

#4 & 5 (tied) ASOS 77 Tyrion escapes & ACOK 48 Dany escapes the House of the Undying.

#1-5 No clues given

#6 Clue - a snowy chapter - answer ASOS 8 Sansa 'Only Cat'

#7 Clue - a prologue or epilogue - answer ADWD Epilogue

Bonus clue -Out of our combined list of 150 chapters which were on at least one player's list, which POV accounted for the most chapters?- answer a tie Tyrion/Arya (points for guessing either one)

#8 Clue - no clue - answer - Eddard's execution AGOT chapter 65

#9 Clue

#10 Clue - death, food, confusion - same old ASOIF answer #10 Weasel soup ACOK 47 Arya IX

1st Bonus question - name the books that accounted for most, second most and third most number of chapters on the total list of 150 chapters which were submitted on the list of at least one player - #1 ASOS #2 AGOT # 3 ADWD

#11 Clue - an important discovery - ASOS 18 Sam

#12 Clue - sort of a date - ASOS Jaime V

#13 Clue- someone is sent on a mission - ADWD Davos IV

#14 Clue - the only Theon chapter in the top 20 - ADWD 'Theon' chapter 51

#15 Clue - In the beginning - answer AGOT prologue

#16 Clue - one of the three chapters given as incorrect answers to #17 - ADWD Jon XIII

#17 Clue - You leave me hanging on - answer ASOS 81 (Epilogue)

#18 Clue - one of two Jaime chapters in the top 20 - AFFC Jamie VI

#19 Clue - A Bran POV - answer ADWD Bran III

#20 Clue - High Drama with the Dothraki - answer AGOT DANY V

Previous Results:

I. Most Loved Character: Arya Stark

II. Most Hated Character: Ramsay Snow

III. Sexiest Character: Jaime Lannister (male) / Arianne Martell (female)

IV. Most Badass Character: Asha Greyly

V. Funniest Character: Dolorous Edd Tollet

VI. Best Death: Ned Stark

VII. Best Actor/Actress: Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister

VIII. Character You Most Want to Survive: Arya Stark

IX. Most Dangerous Character: Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish

X. Favorite Minor Character: Sandor Clegane

XI. Favorite Historic Character: Dunk

XII. Favorite Dynamic Duo: Jaime & Brienne

XIII. Favorite House Sigil: House Stark

XIV. Most Tragic Character: Theon Greyjoy

XV: Favourite Castles and Strongholds: winner to be announced.

The rules

• The game begins by each player sending me a PM with your top 20 lists. Please title them 'ASOIAF Guessing Game XVI - Your board name'. Send as soon as you can.

• The chapter you rank #1 will be given 25 points. After that the chapters in the list get 19, 18, 17 points, so on, until the chapter you put down as your #20 gets 1 point.

• In every round (excluding top 5) you'll be given a hint to identify the chapter. You can either gamble by nominating one chapter only, to obtain 5 points for a correct guess, or you can give three choices in order - and for the correct one you'll be getting three, two or one points respectively. Each round will last about 48 hours.

• We can discuss scores for final 5 once we get there. You can get an idea by looking at recent games. :)

• I think for this game I'd like to drop the special scoring for tied chapters. But if people want to keep it, let me know. Otherwise, for tied chapters, I'll just rank the one that was nominated by the most people higher.

• You can join in this game anytime, it doesn't matter if you sent a list on or not. And if you sent it, you don't have to guess if you don't want to. The more lists the better!

• Once we start the guessing rounds, I'll add a list of each round's chapter here, and hope I remember to keep it updated. If not, please remind me.

Great topic, Castellan.

It's going to take a lot of research for me to put a list together. Until I look through the book chapter by chapter, I'll have no idea what my favorites are . . . I've read them all, of course. It's just that I've never really considered this question in an organized way.

My first impulse is to put down chapters like Ned's beheading & the Red Wedding - but those aren't favorites, they're most memorable. So, favorite is going to be hard.

I have added up the lists sent in and its pretty interesting results but I think we need more than eight players.

So, Sign up for the first GG of 2015 and have a say in our official result - the favourite chapter in ASOIF.

I tried making my own list and got to 13 off the top of my head, its not that hard to make a list from your #1 to your # 20 and PM it to me. See the first post for game rules.

Archived