When did Bloodraven started believing in the Old Gods?

MoseStark*

Hello everybody,

This is the first time I open a topic myself, and I have no idea if this subject has been covered before. I couldn't find something with the search machine, so I decided to open this topic. I'm Dutch, so forgive me when my English isn't that good, but I think you can follow my reasoning.

I was wondering, when did Bloodraven started believing in the Old Gods. What I mean by that, Bloodraven started out as a believer in the Seven, just as the Targaryens. However, now he is like an ultimate warg, which is something strongly connected to believing in the Old Gods.

When I last read the books, I couldn't find this explained... So did Bloodraven transfer to the Old Gods when he came to the Wall and said his Vows before the Weirwood trees, or was he still believing in the Seven? And if he did still believe in the Seven, when did he transferr tot the Old Gods and became a warg, or is he still believing in the Seven while being a warg. I don't know but this seems strange to me... No idea if this will be important in the future books or not. But I was just wondering of anybody knew if and when and why Bloodraven became a follower of the Old Gods instead of the Seven...

Euron is not a warg. Where is the evidence for that?

Euron tells Victarion, "When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly. When I woke, I couldn't ... or so the maester said. But what if he lied?" I think some fans connect this with Bran flying in his dreams with the three-eyed crow.

Euron tells Victarion, "When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly. When I woke, I couldn't ... or so the maester said. But what if he lied?" I think some fans connect this with Bran flying in his dreams with the three-eyed crow.

That was the only thing I could even find that was "evidence" that Euron was a skinchanger.

So basically...hear hoofbeats...think Zebra...But when I hear hoofbeats...this is what I picture.

Maybe it isn't proof that Euron is a warg, but it certainly seems to imply a similar connection to the one that bran had which led to him departing for bloodraven. I always assumed that it meant that Euron had been being scouted as well, but was just an inferior choice so he was passed over in favor of Bran. I don't think I'm the only one who believes that Euron COULD be a warg.

Anyway, back to the original topic, I think a more pertinent question would be, "Who was the greenseer before Bloodraven, and how did Bloodraven get recruited to the weirthrone?"

I think that's just meant to tell us that Euron is an ambitious smart man and not just some dump pirate.

Well, many have already said so; Brynden was son of Melissa Blackwood. Raventree Hall is the last place in the riverlands where the old gods are their official religion, even if their weirwood is dead.

Targaryens out of Baelor were not precisely pious, so it's unlikely that Bloodraven had been introduced to the seven or that he had worshiped them.

Also, his weirwood longbow is kind of a declaration on itself. The gods of his mother were his gods.

Bloodraven has always been an enigma to me... He's son of Missy Blackwood which means that he has first men blood in him, and he's also son of Aegon IV which gives him the blood of old valyria; It makes me wonder how awesome someone like say the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna would be. Also a son of R + L would also possess blood of Rhoyne which would make him well a mixture of all what is awesome in planetos.

That's showing a minute capacity for abstract thought, not Warging imo. I'd prefer it to be Warging because crediting Euron with any intellect at all just feels so wrong, but there it is.

Archived