First To Die In TWOW- Myrcella or Tommen?

Rhinoman

Really interested in the the line of succession going into the Winds of Winter, If Tommen was to die the ruler of the Iron Throne would be a female, though I believe that Dany would be the first female to gain the throne over Myrcella.

So simple question, do you guys believe Myrcella or Tommen will die first?

Marcella is in the hands of the Dornish, so they an kill her anytime they want. But my theory is that the Dornish want her alive so they can control the Iron Throne themselves - as part of Doran's revenge on Tywin. Marcella will be to the Martells what Tommen is to the Tyrells. So Tommen is probably dead meat first. The Sand Snakes will poison him likely.

Myrcella. I say this because the Dornish are scheming to ally themselves with the Targaryens, and if any of those schemes are successful they would not need Marcella. To solidify the Targaryens claim to the throne, the first order of business for the Dornish would be to kill off anyone with a competing claim. Between the two children, Myrcella seems to be the most volnerable.

I'm I'm putting the blame on Jaime. It's been hinted at numerous times that Jaime never really cared much for his kids, or felt anything for them for that matter. And with Jaimes growing contempt for Cersei, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jaime ended up murdering them both. (He is the Kingslayer, after all).

With Myrcella and Tommen in separate parts of the kingdom though, I don't believe Jaime can be responsible for both, unless something brings the two kids back together. But right now, Myrcella is walled up and a pawn to Dorne and Tommen is in KL.

My money is on Jaime killing Tommen (and Cersei?), making Myrcella the heir. From that point it's anyones guess what happens.

I'm I'm putting the blame on Jaime. It's been hinted at numerous times that Jaime never really cared much for his kids, or felt anything for them for that matter. And with Jaimes growing contempt for Cersei, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jaime ended up murdering them both. (He is the Kingslayer, after all).

With Myrcella and Tommen in separate parts of the kingdom though, I don't believe Jaime can be responsible for both, unless something brings the two kids back together. But right now, Myrcella is walled up and a pawn to Dorne and Tommen is in KL.

My money is on Jaime killing Tommen (and Cersei?), making Myrcella the heir. From that point it's anyones guess what happens.

He's not going to murder either. In AFFC he states that he'll go back to King's Landing, get Tommen away from Cersei (He thinks about how Cersei screwed u with Joffrey and how he won't let it happen to Tommen) and teach him how to live in the world they live in, as a father should.

I think it'll be Tommen. I actually think he's already being poisoned when we last hear of him. There's some real foreshadowing going on with the food tasting issue.

If that happens Myrcella will briefly sit the Iron Throne but will die shortly after Tommen.

well, so far maggy the frog's prophesy was pretty damn accurate (just think of the 3 and 16 children thing), and it also states that cersei's children will die before her.

i think tommen will be poisoned. something that kills a day or two later, so the food tasting is useless.

myrcella will die when dany/aegon takes KL. most likely bloody, i'm afraid. cersei will commit suicide when she hears of it, maybe getting the poison from jaime - thus somewhat fulfilling the prophesy

I'm I'm putting the blame on Jaime. It's been hinted at numerous times that Jaime never really cared much for his kids, or felt anything for them for that matter.

Not really. He's bitter that he couldn't get close to them, but he remembers (and also Cersei) that at least he wanted to hold them in his arms. That's why he says "next time I will hold my child and the others take who doesn't agree".

Tommen will die before Myrcella - maybe even of natural causes.

This will result in Cersei trying to crown Myrcella - and possibly half of Dorne trying to follow and make sure that the Trystane / Myrcella betrothal does turn into a marriage. Which would be a nice irony since the original idea in Dorne, of Arianne having Myrcella crowned, was intended to be a strike *against* Cersei: for Cersei herself to be the driving force behind crowning Myrcella would make things very interesting.

The other half of Dorne will follow Arianne, who by now will be backing Aegon, after Prince Doran dies at a critical moment and Dorne can no longer hold together without him.

Myrcella will die, and Cersei be finally driven from King's Landing, by the Arianne / Aegon alliance (which may or may not include a marriage, once news gets back that Quentyn Martell is dead and Daenerys apparently not coming at all, having married a nobleman native to Meereen.) News that Daenerys herself has left Meereen will be even later.

And meanwhile, victory after victory follows Aegon, even as the greyscale plague spreads in the areas behind him thanks to Jon Connington. He wins the battle, gets to King's Landing, sets a date for his coronation.

And on that date, as he is being crowned, a mighty dragon appears in the sky. The crowd begin to cheer for the return of the dragons.

And the cheers turn to screams when the dragon comes down and incinerates Aegon with one blast. It's Rhaegal, and he's under the control of the ironborn (either Euron or Victarion, doesn't really matter which), via the dragon horn.

Daenerys, in hot pursuit on Drogon, is too late back to Westeros: having arrived too late back at Meereen (and found herself widowed a second time), and then taken off after the people who stole Rhaegal, having also left the third dragon behind (Viserion, injured during the Meereenese siege, currently being cared for by Tyrion). She comes back the only way she could come back - alone, with nothing but one dragon (Drogon) to back her up, one woman and one dragon against a continent - and now to find that she has to fight *against* Euron's ironborn and Rhaegal. The late arrival of Tyrion on Viserion, slowly recovering from his injuries, may turn out to be important in another battle of dragons.

Tyrion's comment to Aegon in their cyvasse game - "You left your dragon too far away from the action and she could not get over to save you" - comes true in the worst possible way...

Myrcella dies first. Cersei's stupid plans to bring her home will backfire horribly and cause her death. Then as soon as she's gone Tommen becomes a dead king walking. His death will be the only thing standing between a total Lannister collapse and someone will do away with him,and it will all lead back to Cersei's foolish plots.

I do not have an opinion on when or how Tommen or Myrcella will die. I absolutely do not believe Jaime will be the one to kill them. Imo, that is one of the most crack pot ideas I have read. Many ideas that seem crack pot I can at least see where the idea came from or how someone could get the impression of said idea. I do not see where this idea comes from, especially since we started getting POVs from Jaime. I get the impression he does care for his children, not as most fathers get to, that opportunity was taken away from him from the moments of their birth. I think his feelings for them are natural considering his situation and it is not natural for a father to intentionally kill his children. Now obviously his actions could indirectly lead to their death, but that is not Jaime killing them.

The Dornish would never kill a child. Doran would never allow it and it is against the nature of the Sand Snakes. They hate the Lannisters because they have killed Rhaenys and Aegon and planned to kill Trystane. They would never get on the same level. Beside, they like Myrcella and are kind to her, they do not blame her for her grandfather and mothers deeds.

Tommen will die before Myrcella - maybe even of natural causes.

This will result in Cersei trying to crown Myrcella - and possibly half of Dorne trying to follow and make sure that the Trystane / Myrcella betrothal does turn into a marriage. Which would be a nice irony since the original idea in Dorne, of Arianne having Myrcella crowned, was intended to be a strike *against* Cersei: for Cersei herself to be the driving force behind crowning Myrcella would make things very interesting.

The other half of Dorne will follow Arianne, who by now will be backing Aegon, after Prince Doran dies at a critical moment and Dorne can no longer hold together without him.

Myrcella will die, and Cersei be finally driven from King's Landing, by the Arianne / Aegon alliance (which may or may not include a marriage, once news gets back that Quentyn Martell is dead and Daenerys apparently not coming at all, having married a nobleman native to Meereen.) News that Daenerys herself has left Meereen will be even later.

And meanwhile, victory after victory follows Aegon, even as the greyscale plague spreads in the areas behind him thanks to Jon Connington. He wins the battle, gets to King's Landing, sets a date for his coronation.

And on that date, as he is being crowned, a mighty dragon appears in the sky. The crowd begin to cheer for the return of the dragons.

And the cheers turn to screams when the dragon comes down and incinerates Aegon with one blast. It's Rhaegal, and he's under the control of the ironborn (either Euron or Victarion, doesn't really matter which), via the dragon horn.

Daenerys, in hot pursuit on Drogon, is too late back to Westeros: having arrived too late back at Meereen (and found herself widowed a second time), and then taken off after the people who stole Rhaegal, having also left the third dragon behind (Viserion, injured during the Meereenese siege, currently being cared for by Tyrion). She comes back the only way she could come back - alone, with nothing but one dragon (Drogon) to back her up, one woman and one dragon against a continent - and now to find that she has to fight *against* Euron's ironborn and Rhaegal. The late arrival of Tyrion on Viserion, slowly recovering from his injuries, may turn out to be important in another battle of dragons.

Tyrion's comment to Aegon in their cyvasse game - "You left your dragon too far away from the action and she could not get over to save you" - comes true in the worst possible way...

I think a lot of these predictions are quite correct and logical.

Archived