What would you like to ask R. Scott Bakker?

bakkerfans

Ok, let's first address the elephant the room:

What color is the semen of the cûnuroi?

Some less interesting questions:

Exactly how much fun was it writing the Glanton gang/Skin eaters mashup?

Also, what's been the most difficult part of writing TSA?

Any other questions I have are too much on the spoiler camp to be worth asking.

I'd like to ask you why you're pretending NOT to be Bakker.

I am very suspicious.

Actually your question wouldn't come from suspicion, but conviction. And as much, wouldn't be a question, either.

My conviction : bakkerfans is just a turbo Bakker fan.

I'm the sort of person who's not terribly interested in the mechanics of writing.

So I don't have anything to ask really about how things came to be and what particular struggles there were, the end product is what I care about, the books that are out, and the big one that's going to come.

So anything I might ask would be in-world questions, and those would invariably be swept aside as being too spoilerish. If in-world questions are ok, then yeah, I have more than a few.

Outside of that, the obvious question that needs to be posed would be when Scott expects the book in stores. And maybe another question I'd like to see answered, what does an average day look like for him? What are his interests, outside of writing, Earwa and philosophy?

Bonus question: What does he love about Canada, and what does he not appreciate as much about it? This is coming from a foreigner who sees quite a few countrymen emigrate to Canada.

Well, I'd like to know is he still plans on writing the third series still.

I think he's stated already that he'll write it, it just may take a long time due to his so-called 'unpopularity' forcing him to go back to the philosophy degree.

Also: any plans for a stand-alone and/or the projected number of Atrocity Tales.

edit: FB beat me to the punch.

Dear Mr. Bakker - If one of your fans went mad waiting for The Unholy Consult and and stabbed another fan "to show them their folly", would that count as an "Atrocity Tale?"

I vote for this one, but maybe rephrase it in a way that compels a response beyond either 'yes' or 'no'.

I also can't help but think of Tom Hanks on SNL in the Mr. Belvedere fan club skit when the threads drift this way.

Ps my phone autocorrects 'Hanks'to 'ganja'. Go figure.

Why don't you write for an audience of readers rather than for self congratulation? Reading your work is like a sexual experience where people stand around and watch someone masturbating rather than becoming involved with the experience.

Please ask if he will publish the deleted scene in TWP between Kellhus and Cnauir that clears up all the ambiguity in the Circumfixion scene.

Alternatively ask if Kel had Serwa's heart up his bum.

Good one! Atleast on the first question!

Would really like that question asked!

Archived