The Complete Winds of Winter Resource

BryndenBFish

Yeah, this is what I picked up on in the article too.

Hulk sad.

Might as well give the exact quote:

Meanwhile, I'm writing 'The Winds of Winter.' I'm not done with it yet. I still have a lot of pages to write, but I also have a lot of pages that are already written. So, I don't know. I try not to worry about things like this. I just, you know, go in every day and write the scene that I'm trying to write that day and try to make it as good as I can.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/george-rr-martin-on-reports-game-of-thrones-will-pass-up-books_article_105879#bBBZdBfQH0A0Cb6j.99

So yeah, I'm not getting any kind of "almost done" vibe from this quote. On a more hopeful note, the "go in every day" language does imply he is now working on it more or less steadily.

Might as well give the exact quote:

Meanwhile, I'm writing 'The Winds of Winter.' I'm not done with it yet. I still have a lot of pages to write, but I also have a lot of pages that are already written. So, I don't know. I try not to worry about things like this. I just, you know, go in every day and write the scene that I'm trying to write that day and try to make it as good as I can.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/george-rr-martin-on-reports-game-of-thrones-will-pass-up-books_article_105879#bBBZdBfQH0A0Cb6j.99

So yeah, I'm not getting any kind of "almost done" vibe from this quote. On a more hopeful note, the "go in every day" language does imply he is now working on it more or less steadily.

From that quote it sounds like he is half way there.

From that quote it sounds like he is half way there.

Not really. He doesn't give any indication on how far he is really, just that its underway and he is working on it.

(Not that this is the place for WOW progress discussion, I just realised)

Is it weird that he is talking about WOW a lot more? It seems like no information for a while and then, BAM! :cool4: :cool4: :dunce: :dunce:

I wish he could give us a page count soon.

He won't. He knows it will only disappoint us. Especially with BryndenBFish working so hard to convince us all that he has probably passed the 1000-page mark.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/415405.html?thread=20548013#t20548013

Interesting find. George says we may get a new sample chapter in the World of Ice and Fire app before the book release. Guess he changed his mind about no more sample chapters. Maybe one soon like he did last year with the Mercy sample chapter involving Arya.

Probably despoilering a spoiler from the series (like Mercy's revenge for Lommy).

My guess: the series is going to spoil Sansa's future so we will have a (probably controversial) Sansa chapter.

Probably despoilering a spoiler from the series (like Mercy's revenge for Lommy).

My guess: the series is going to spoil Sansa's future so we will have a (probably controversial) Sansa chapter.

The series looks to be diverging wildly from the books regarding Sansa, so I doubt it.

Archived