The Complete Winds of Winter Resource

BryndenBFish

Which he won't say on notablog as he hasn't done that since writing A Dance with Dragons.

I don't know what he's going to say, and I don't think you do either. But in any case, "he's not going to say it so let's pretend he did" is not a convincing argument.

A better way of putting it is to say In more recent-GRRM-speak, this is as close to confirmation we're going to get on POV characters, major events in TWOW. Does that better pass your beak of approval?

A better way of saying it would be: "GRRM said in his NAB that we might see a Bran POV in TWOW".

Didn't Jane Johnson or someone already mention she had read a a ran chapter we (the readers) hadn't?

ETA: I also thought there was something about him cutting a chapter from Dance that was Bran's POV somewhere but don't recall where

I actually never doubted before that we would get a Bran chapter. Why wouldn't we? Is there some popular belief we've reached the end of his story that I'm unaware of?

I was just joking that he said yes to "Is there a chance..."? (but technically it is true that he did).

We will get a Bran chapter? probably true

GRRM has confirmed that we will get a Bran chapter? not really true.

GRRM has already written a Bran chapter? No idea.

I actually never doubted before that we would get a Bran chapter. Why wouldn't we? Is there some popular belief we've reached the end of his story that I'm unaware of?

I was just joking that he said yes to "Is there a chance..."? (but technically it is true that he did).

I never doubted it either. But (show spoiler)

bran is not in S5

Which may be where the question stems from

I don't know what he's going to say, and I don't think you do either. But in any case, "he's not going to say it so let's pretend he did" is not a convincing argument.

A better way of saying it would be: "GRRM said in his NAB that we might see a Bran POV in TWOW".

I'm sorry, but if we're going to be oh-so-precise, down to the "T" about it, we're going to have to ruffle some feathers and revise your definition as GRRM only said that we will see Bran again. He said nothing about having Bran POV chapters.

(See why this isn't fun?)

I found what I was thinking of, about the Bran chapter

"Based on how the staff explained it to me, this doesn't mean that there are three chapters in this manuscript that were removed and held back to be published in TWOW, it means that this manuscript was submitted to the editor with chapters missing. Like so. And again here. My heart dropped when I saw this.

The chapters noted as missing from the manuscript correspond to Theon I, The Sacrifice (Asha), Jon XI, XII, and XIII (although Martin only noted two more Jon chapters in the manuscript, not three), and Tyrion XII, as well as another Bran chapter that ended up not making it to the final published version."

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2rtcaa/i_went_to_the_cushing_library_and_went_through/

ETA: the Jane Johnson thing I was mistaken on. She knows the endpoint of Brans storyline

I never doubted it either. But (show spoiler)

bran is not in S5

Which may be where the question stems from

Ah yes. That makes a bit of sense now, although my understanding of the reasoning for that is:

1) Bran had already reached his book 5 endpoint in season 4 of the show.

2) Season 5 of the show will (for the most part, according to creators) not overtake book 6.

So it makes sense that they would have nothing for Bran to do in season 5.

This would seem to not apply to the books whatsoever.

I'm sorry, but if we're going to be oh-so-precise, down to the "T" about it, we're going to have to ruffle some feathers and revise your definition as GRRM only said that we will see Bran again. He said nothing about having Bran POV chapters.

(See why this isn't fun?)

I am doing fine. I acknowledge your correction, and would not dream of arguing about it. Because when you are right, you are right. And yes, there is indeed a difference between "seeing Bran again" and having a Bran POV chapter.

And no: I don't see why accuracy isn't fun.

Ah yes. That makes a bit of sense now, although my understanding of the reasoning for that is:

1) Bran had already reached his book 5 endpoint in season 4 of the show.

2) Season 5 of the show will (for the most part, according to creators) not overtake book 6.

So it makes sense that they would have nothing for Bran to do in season 5.

This would seem to not apply to the books whatsoever.

I believe someone (Maybe D&D I don't know for sure) has stated that the reason is something along the lines of

wanting to see Bran after he has trained for a while. There was a comparison to Luke Skywalker, iirc, and the difference between his skill at the end of ESB and RotJ

I found what I was thinking of, about the Bran chapter

"Based on how the staff explained it to me, this doesn't mean that there are three chapters in this manuscript that were removed and held back to be published in TWOW, it means that this manuscript was submitted to the editor with chapters missing. Like so. And again here. My heart dropped when I saw this.

The chapters noted as missing from the manuscript correspond to Theon I, The Sacrifice (Asha), Jon XI, XII, and XIII (although Martin only noted two more Jon chapters in the manuscript, not three), and Tyrion XII, as well as another Bran chapter that ended up not making it to the final published version."

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2rtcaa/i_went_to_the_cushing_library_and_went_through/

ETA: the Jane Johnson thing I was mistaken on. She knows the endpoint of Brans storyline

Sorry to nitpick, but you're thinking of Anne Groell. Jane Johnson is his UK editor and doesn't appear to be "in the know" at all - well, beyond whether the book is on the publishing schedule or not, which we know it isn't.

Also worth mentioning - Anne Groell said that she has discussed another character's plotline with GRRM in order to help him condense it. (My - purely speculative - guess is that she's referring to Dany.)

Sorry to nitpick, but you're thinking of Anne Groell. Jane Johnson is his UK editor and doesn't appear to be "in the know" at all - well, beyond whether the book is on the publishing schedule or not, which we know it isn't.

Also worth mentioning - Anne Groell said that she has discussed another character's plotline with GRRM in order to help him condense it. (My - purely speculative - guess is that she's referring to Dany.)

Whoops! Yes, you're right (it's her Q&A with the fans). I literally just looked at it again before I posted too :dunno:

Am I the only one who thinks the whole "sample" chapter thing is a little overkill at this point? I don't want to have read 15 chapters individually before the books are released.

Totally agree.

Archived