The Complete Winds of Winter Resource

BryndenBFish

That is an outstanding question! So, the 3 chapters in questions are unknown. The chapters were cut in April 2011 from ADWD, meaning that they're not the Sansa, Damphair or Arianne chapters from TWOW as these 4 chapters were cut in 2010. (Sources for when these were cut are in the blogpost itself.) So what could they be? Well, it could be:

• Barristan I & II
  • Theon I
  • Tyrion I & II
  • Mercy
  • Victarion I
Or more intriguingly, they could be something new that no one besides George & his editors have seen. The cool thing about the Deeper than Swords exhibit is that this information is available to the public as long as you have a government-issued ID. The Winds chapters are in Box 158 of the A Dance with Dragons manuscript. So, if any enterprising Westeros members are near Texas A&M, they can look at look at the materials and report back here or elsewhere on what they find. A man could make a friend.
Not only a friend, I will bake lemon cupcakes and sent them to anyone who does!

Edit: thx Wert, nice post!

Werthead, this forum needs a Like button and you have just demonstrated why. Great insight!

It also answers the age-old riddle of "How far along into TWoW has George written?". The answer, if I understood your post correctly, would be "That is meaningless to ask, since it all gets completed at the end anyway". Writes, rewrites, segments done out of story order (or context?), a veritable soup of text that gets cooked into a book once all the pieces fit in relation to each other. Surely an impressive process, given a series this complicated.

It kinda makes me wish George would release a "cutting room floor" book once the saga is finished. Would be interesting to see all the what-ifs that were left out due to various reasons. Or maybe just an interview. The man would certainly deserve some rest after this monumental series.

It kinda makes me wish George would release a "cutting room floor" book once the saga is finished. Would be interesting to see all the what-ifs that were left out due to various reasons. Or maybe just an interview. The man would certainly deserve some rest after this monumental series.

YES TIMES A MILLION. We get to see movies' deleted scenes on the DVD and Blu-Ray, why not books'?

One of our folks from /r/asoiaf went to Cushing Library and found some awesome great items from ADWD, though all of the sample chapters seemingly are no longer there. Know that's slightly off-topic, but also know that there was interest from the comments here on it.

Thank you—I had no idea the original manuscripts were available to peruse. I'm thinking I may have to take a trip to Texas at some point.

One of our folks from /r/asoiaf went to Cushing Library and found some awesome great items from ADWD, though all of the sample chapters seemingly are no longer there. Know that's slightly off-topic, but also know that there was interest from the comments here on it.

That post is amazing.. Benjen=Coldhands proved wrong. Woah..

Whoa, /u/feldman10 over at /r/asoiaf made a pretty big discovery: Bran was intended to have a chapter after Jon Snow's last chapter in ADWD. Seems like this chapter was cut to TWOW. Does this mean that Bran will be our POV for the Battle of the Ice Lakes? That's a potential huge reveal of who our POV for one of the battles from TWOW.

Whoa, /u/feldman10 over at /r/asoiaf made a pretty big discovery: Bran was intended to have a chapter after Jon Snow's last chapter in ADWD. Seems like this chapter was cut to TWOW. Does this mean that Bran will be our POV for the Battle of the Ice Lakes? That's a potential huge reveal of who our POV for one of the battles from TWOW.

How could he be The POV in the battle of Ice? Just watching at one place from the tree? I think fighting or at least moving POV is required for big Battle.

How could he be The POV in the battle of Ice? Just watching at one place from the tree? I think fighting or at least moving POV is required for big Battle.

Ironically, Bran has the most mobility of any POV for all the actions of the battle: he likely skinchanges the ravens around Theon in the tower in Theon's TWOW sample chapter & as we saw in ADWD, Bran III, he can see through the eyes of the heartree at WF. To me, seems very possible that Bran will see the battle through ravens & weirwood in middle of northern ice lake.

Hm.. It must be that. It couldn't just be another training chapter, particularly at the end of the novel like that. Unless there's some big twist about to happen in cave of the three-eyed crow.

I hope that isn't all Bran becomes good for though, looking at and describing the other interesting things that are happening.

God damn, this is a gold mine of info. I've read over all this in pieces over the past few days, and just wanted to say thanks to you guys, especially BryndenBFish and Wert for all this info.

I have to show the CH thing to my friends, as they are all 100% sure that Benjen is Coldhands, and won't accept any other explanation.

And man that Bran chapter...

Holy crap, does that mean he'll be our POV for Theon's sacrifice????

Archived