Game of Thrones on IMAX

Westeros

I'm going on the 31st. No reserved seating either. You think that'll be a problem?

Uh oh. The potential for disaster is very high indeed. I can picture people lining up days in advance, desperate to get in, and in a moment of panic the theatre gets burned down. This conflagration leads to a computer crash that also wipes out the hard drives of every Game of Thrones trailer/IMAX showing, and that spawns a virus then wipes out every bit of footage and film from Season 5; they'll have to refilm everything, and for that matter rewrite the scripts, because those were lost too. That, plus it wipes out the memory of whatever vintage computer Martin is working on the books with, so all information is lost - there will be no more books or TV episodes until at least 2025.

Either that, or you may be stuck in a seat two meters closer to the screen than you'd like.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

I'm going on the 31st. No reserved seating either. You think that'll be a problem?

I don't know. Remember I am the one who couldn't get the show times right.. lol How can a movie be shown the week of Jan 30 when that is on a Friday?

I am not familar with an Imax type theatre. I don't know which seat to try to get. One poster IIRC, said top row middle? I sure hope someone who knows about this will help us out..We are going to pick up our tickets today, I'll ask at the theatre. And there's always google.

I don't know. Remember I am the one who couldn't get the show times right.. lol How can a movie be shown the week of Jan 30 when that is on a Friday?

I am not familar with an Imax type theatre. I don't know which seat to try to get. One poster IIRC, said top row middle? I sure hope someone who knows about this will help us out..We are going to pick up our tickets today, I'll ask at the theatre. And there's always google.

I prefer back seat in the middle. But it's all down to personal preferences.

Most theaters don't do reserved seating, though. The one that I'm going to doesn't. First come, first served.

It is! Thanks for adding the link.

My husband plans to embarrass the heck out of me when the show ends. (groans) He loves to imitate Jon Snow. When it is over, he plans to say to the entire audience: I've got to go home now..you knew I couldn't stay... he is practicing it by videoing himself saying it over and over, oh god ...I asked him if I could shoot him full of arrows then, like Ygritte did.. He is actually pretty good, but don't them him I said so lol

It is! Thanks for adding the link.

My husband plans to embarrass the heck out of me when the show ends. (groans) He loves to imitate Jon Snow. When it is over, he plans to say to the entire audience: I've got to go home now..you knew I couldn't stay... he is practicing it by videoing himself saying it over and over, oh god ...I asked him if I could shoot him full of arrows then, like Ygritte did.. He is actually pretty good, but don't them him I said so lol

I'm going by myself and leaving my husband at home.

Not because of that, but because that's just how we watch movies these days XD

Ok I got my ticket for the 29th yay.

My theater here in Toronto has not done a good job of advertising it yet so I was able to pretty much choose any type of seat I wanted :)

Awesome :D

Ok I got my ticket for the 29th yay.

My theater here in Toronto has not done a good job of advertising it yet so I was able to pretty much choose any type of seat I wanted :)

Got our reserved seats for the 31st in T.O. Can't make the 29th / 30th.

:D

Archived