Who or what will John possess?

Carlos Ricardo

Hello all, I am new here, so if I am posting in the wrong forum then please accept my apologies. Anyways, we all know John is going to possess ghost and then the body of an important main character, I doubt the brothers of the night's watch will leave his body unspoiled with the "others" wondering about; why else would Martin write that boring side chapter about the warg dying then possessing the eagle ect? Lets just humor the following thought for a moment, what if John ends up possessing a white walker, not one of the re-animations, but an actual other? What if he learns how to get rid of them for once and for all? I doubt a couple of young dragons and a few swords will be enough to eradicate them, not with the numbers that they have now, not with the wall failing and the night's watch reduced to a fraction of their former strength. It ins't an insane theory, John like his siblings have special blood mixed with a bit of magic, and yes the others are different from humans but so are animals. Danny can defeat the lanisters but not the white walkers, you need magic for that, and we all know that the dragon glass weapons aren't frozen dragon flame, they were created with the aid of magic just like the dragon steel weapons. So what do you guys think?

Hello all, I am new here, so if I am posting in the wrong forum then please accept my apologies. Anyways, we all know John is going to possess ghost and then the body of an important main character, I doubt the brothers of the night's watch will leave his body unspoiled with the "others" wondering about; why else would Martin write that boring side chapter about the warg dying then possessing the eagle ect? Lets just humor the following thought for a moment, what if John ends up possessing a white walker, not one of the re-animations, but an actual other? What if he learns how to get rid of them for once and for all? I doubt a couple of young dragons and a few swords will be enough to eradicate them, not with the numbers that they have now, not with the wall failing and the night's watch reduced to a fraction of their former strength. It ins't an insane theory, John like his siblings have special blood mixed with a bit of magic, and yes the others are different from humans but so are animals. Danny can defeat the lanisters but not the white walkers, you need magic for that, and we all know that the dragon glass weapons aren't frozen dragon flame, they were created with the aid of magic just like the dragon steel weapons. So what do you guys think?

I don't know anything of the sort...

Well, I may be in the minority with this, but I think Jon is dead. I do not think he warged into Ghost, or anyone else. He’s dead. I think Jon will be revived through sorcery, but he probably will not be the Jon of old.

Even though Jon was my favorite character, I will feel that it would be fans-service to make him come back to life… but I don’t write the book lol.

Tudor Rose, Welsh Dragon, Beaufort Greyhound.

The King of Winter will live but he will NOT be the Jon Slow we knew and loved. He'll be traumatised, vengeful, suspicious and enraged. The dragon will awaken, an ice dragon. The blue winter rose could be his personal sigil once he finds out about Lyanna.

I think Jon is dead, and I hope no-one brings him back. The whole idea of him warging into someone (or something) are indeed quite exiting, but maybe not that realistic. The feeling I´ve got from Jon's past warging expiriences are that he is not that good at controling it, and for him in that stressful situation of dying to magange warging... I see it as highly unlikely.

Jon and Gandalf are the same character archetype, so Jon is indeed dead. Hail Victarion Greyjoy, Azor Ahai come again.

Not only are Jon and Gandalf unalike, ASOIF is much more depressingly like the "real world" in that there is no equivalent to Gandalf, i.e., someone with supernatural powers and decades if not centuries of experience and knowledge, with a good idea of what's going on and what's to come. Everybody on planetos is just making it up as they go along, more or less.

By the end of his chapter he is already warging ghost.

Melisandre kept telling him to be with his wolf that day, and also saw on her flames 'Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again.'. So she knew he was going to warg ghost. She was in the room when he declared he was going after Ramsay, but left before anyone else. I believe she went to free ghost and the wolf got there as Jon was being stabbed. The last thing in the chapter is jon thinking about the fourth stab 'he never felt', so he must have seen it somehow, and I believe he saw it throught ghost's eyes.

Archived