Galavant [Spoilers Ahoy!]

Warg Arry

I kind of want to see Sid take down a couple guys, *pop pop* :leaving:

That would be cool actually. I think his badass skillz (Along with Isabella's) were implied in the taking down of all those pirates off screen.

I added a spoiler warning in the title. Since we are talking about the episodes in open detail.

Thanks for starting this thread, this is not a show I'd otherwise have ever taken a look at and it really is quite amusing. Sort of Princess Bride-ish in that it sends up clichés while simultaneously so far playing them straight in the overarching narrative.

Good casting, too. Took me a while to recognise Omundson and even Hugh Bonneville, despite him playing another pirate.

After watching the four episodes over two days I now also have Gaaa-laaa-vaaant's theme stuck in my head.

Omundson apparently based his King Richard on Prince John from Disney's Robin Hood.

That's awesome and he's the best part of the show. I watched the first couple of episodes last night and I'm hooked. Hilarious!

And after Lord Grantham, Daisy pops up in Galavant. I must say, I thought they would do more with Weird Al. His bit was so short, it's almost surprising they bothered casting anyone famous for it. The peak inside Madalena's warped mind was nice, but the song wasn't very catchy imo. King Richard, Gareth and the cook remain as great as ever. Curious to see what Rutger Hauer brings to the table.

I love how they call out things that we are suppose to accept as theatrical or just 'show stuff'. Like "Were these open the whole time?" or the magical beard comment. I also love those moments when a character doesn't react well to a musical number that's about to start. Like they are looking around for were the music is coming from or just roll their eyes.

It's all great stuff.

My least favourite moment was Ricky Gervais' part. And that was the part I was kind of looking forward to. (That and Weird Al Yankovic)

It wasn't terrible. Just felt awkward.

Someone please tell me Galavant gets a second season? It can't just end like this. I must say I did not really enjoy these episodes. I would have liked the current predicament to have ended at the end of this first season. Episode 7 was particularly bad imo, no memorable songs and no stand-out jokes either. Episode 8 was a step-up with the focus on Gareth, but that was about it.

I waited until Sunday to marathon this and all I can say is that this is ridiculously good. I mean, the entire concept was so meh for me, but a friend told me to see it, and it took only the intro song to make me laugh uncontrollably. It is wonderful parody of its own genre and I mean, even though I feel like I shouldn-t have liked it (FFS, my favorite show is The Good Wife), this was absolutely great.

Someone please tell me Galavant gets a second season? It can't just end like this. I must say I did not really enjoy these episodes. I would have liked the current predicament to have ended at the end of this first season. Episode 7 was particularly bad imo, no memorable songs and no stand-out jokes either. Episode 8 was a step-up with the focus on Gareth, but that was about it.

I haven't heard anything... I want more... :leaving:

Overall I liked it, but I preferred the first half of the season when the show was a simple yet charming farce. The second half with its genuine character development and plot twists just didn't work that well for me.

Still, I'd totally watch a second (equally short) season of this.

Early word is it's not being renewed. :frown5:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/01/25/galavant-finale-what-we-loved-and-hated/

What a bummer :frown5:

I agree.

I thought this would have been a perfect little show for the network to air during the summer. Keep it on the same format (2 30 minute episodes for 4 weeks) and it would have been something fun during the summertime when mostly re runs are playing.

Ah well, I enjoyed it quite a bit while it lasted.

The last two episodes were very poor compared to the first six, but I'll still be disappointed if it's not renewed. It would be a perfect summer show.

What were they thinking not resolving a single thing? What a joke.

• 3 months later...

Archived