The Poster Below , Version XIIIIII (I got them wrong just for you ;) )

N/A

Too early. I haven't even decided what I'm having yet. Yesterday I had some leftover soup. Cold. Ugh.

TPB

will describe the best event they ever attended whether a concert, sporting event, political rally or ceremony, religious event/celebration, or personal milestone (wedding, graduation, baptism, etc).

The Umi no Hi festival in Japan. I dressed up in yukata and went out with my friends to the port for the day. I had an incredible time.

TPB will tell us what his or her favorite tv program was as a child.

I'm a huge music fan, but I don't enjoy festivals or concerts. I prefer listening at home and in my car, and going to the theater when I get the chance to see the symphony or opera. I do listen to all genres, but I just don't care for concerts or festivals.

TPB also likes musicals.

Love them, if they're good musicals. My favourite, purely from a musical standpoint, is KIss Me Kate. I like Rogers and Hammerstein, but don't like Oklahoma much. I'm not particularly keen on the songs.

TPB agrees with me that The Ramones' Rocket to Russia is one of the greatest rock albums ever made.

Yes and Sheena is definitely a Punk Rocker! (I think that was on that album, though my copy is vinyl and in the basement and I'm too lazy to go down and look for it. It's down there because we rarely play vinyl records & our turn table needs a new stylus. :P )

TPB

will tell who (in the TPB's opinion) is the greatest musician/composer their nation ever produced (any genre).

Tough one.

I too will go with a three way: Florence, Italy; the Cascade Mountains of southwestern Washington state; the barrier islands of the south coast of Norway. And really I should make it a four way and include Torres del Paine in Chile (in my flickr account linked in my signature line, below you'll find pictures from that trip).

TPB

will describe the most amazing sight (natural or otherwise) they ever saw on a walk.

Ooh, that's a hard one. I guess it would be seeing a flock of cockatoos flying in front of a double rainbow while I was taking a hike in Tasmania. It was really beautiful.

TPB will do the same.

This was sort of cheating, because this was a challenge I wanted to answer.

The most amazing walk I ever had occurred a long time ago when hitchhiking home over the Handangervidda plateau in Norway (I was there for a year as a student). I got let off 20 km from school on a deserted road at night in the middle of winter. However, the stars were out and very bright. And soon the northern lights were playing overhead like I've only seen them in pictures except for that one time. Dead silent with those lights blaring like that - like Las Vegas in the sky, but no sound. Ethereal doesn't begin to cover it.

TPB

will do the same.

It's cheating, because it happened at the end of a walk and I was camping at the time. I'd went on the trip the day before hungover, but the next day I was not hungover and I was sitting reading Sweeney Todd while everyone else was sleeping off the drink from the night before. I heard a big crash, and when I looked up there was a family of deer that had crossed the clearing and the stream, and when they noticed me they just stared at me, not scared, just curious, and I stared back until they went away. They were really beautiful animals. I was the only one about to notice them go by.

TPB will do the same.

Umm... Sights... Sea before storm. Just plain beauty. Aaaand once we were riding up this hill and we couldn't see what was on the other side yet. And when reaching the top it turned out there was a flock of sheep on the other side, everything was green and we could see the woods and the other hills and the fields and the sheep on the green grass. It was so lovely. The sheep tried to run away from us too because a few of them got scared of the horses.

And another one was walking on the riverbank. Summer, river, greenery. There was a corn field and for some reason we felt obliged to walk straight into the corn. It was pretty high and the whole field seemed golden with the sun shining down on it. Next thing we knew was a deer was standing right in front of us, about as stunned as we were. It was just a split second before it ran away and disappeared among the corn plants but it was beautifuL. Okay I'll go and shut my country girl soul up :lol:

TPB will tell us a place they would like to visit and will share why they would pick that particular place

Archived