Season 4 Complete Set Reminder

Westeros

For Season 4, it's a bunch of people tripping over or forgetting their lines; Magnar getting his axe stuck in a rack; and about half of it is the 45 second or so clip of Jaime and Tyrion dancing down the courtroom aisle.

Yeah that's the one that's already out there, there is none for seasons 1-3 , that I remember.

This one is so short.

Kate Dickie hasn't been in the main cast since season 1, like Rory McCann. It's a notable omission.

One thing that's odd, there's no combo set for the US version (DVDs included with the Blu-rays).

Kate Dickie , like so many on the show, is a fine actress I never knew of. Even tho she has been in a lot of TV stuff, and stage work. Yeah too bad she wasn't there.

One wonders where her scenes from season 3, never used, are?

There's a "Bastards of Westeros" feature on disc 1. It runs through the various bastards in the show.

GrrM's last line in the feature (after stating thet Ramsey gets nothing from Roose), is "There's also some analogues here to the Tyrion - Tywin relationship". He seems to choose the word "analogues" quite deliberately, and there might be just the ghost of a grin...

There's a "Bastards of Westeros" feature on disc 1. It runs through the various bastards in the show.

GrrM's last line in the feature (after stating thet Ramsey gets nothing from Roose), is "There's also some analogues here to the Tyrion - Tywin relationship". He seems to choose the word "analogues" quite deliberately, and there might be just the ghost of a grin...

there is a lot of setup in the books, that points to ramsay killing roose. I would be shocked if It did not happen at this point.

Just watched the commentaries for S4 E1 and E2.

When you get more than 2 people talking many times there will be an interesting scene that will go by with comment on the last scene or something that has nothing to do with that scene.

I have seen this with film commentaries before.

It was interesting for Episode 2 every now and then something would be on screen that was not in the book, George would make note of it, sometimes he would praise it or even say it was better than what he wrote , or a few times, he would note it and make no further comment.

Of course GRRM wrote E2 and he knew what he had to write since it was different, and I am guessing he had an outline of how that episode would go.

I think Shae on the show is an actual character as opposed to the cardboard she is in the books and I wished they had kept her deleted scene in but it might have given away things too early but at least it shows that they thought it was a relevant step in Shae's mindset.

I think Shae on the show is an actual character as opposed to the cardboard she is in the books and I wished they had kept her deleted scene in but it might have given away things too early but at least it shows that they thought it was a relevant step in Shae's mindset.

Shae is a character in the books, and more importantly, her motivations in the books (what we know of them) make sense with what she has to do.

There's a reason people kept speculating about how TV!Shae would end up differently than the book version: because the changes they made to the book version mean that their trying to shoehorn her into the same storyline not work.

Finally got to finish up with disk 4.

One surprising comment was by Alex Graves saying twice that by E10 they had run out of money.

With the success of S3 I figured they had the budget to cover S4 , they knew E9 would be expensive.

I found Graves comments for E10 kind of mixed, great when commenting about technicalities but all gushy about the cast, seems he said like 5 times "these are my favorite actors". Well ok, they are all good, but seemed he lost track of who he loved best!

Gwen and Rory were quieter than I expected, but they were good.

One feature on disk 4 surprised me, I could swear I had seen a 'making of E9' before and the same footage was here but like extended by twice as much as I remembered. Glad for that, these HBO DVD's have a penchant for REALLY QUICK extra features.

I have the non bluray set and I noticed that the Breaker of Chains episode (the one with the altar rape scene)

is the only episode without any commentary. Wise or cowardly?

Each year the DVD commentaries exclude one episode not clear why.

It was noticeable that it was E3 , maybe just a coincidence , for me the most memorable sequence was the ending scene at Meereen, I don't even remember the other 'controversial scene'.

So let me ask this...listened to the commentary on episode 6, with the fight at the dreadfort...they said Asha rana way because she could either die in the kennels for nothing(because she can tell there is nothing left of Theon) or go back to the islands as the heir to that throne(which may imply no kingsmoot).

But they also said that the sex between Ramsay and Myranda was originally just a sex scene but became part of the montage for Asha's dialogue and rah rah speech during editing. So that blood all over him must have been something that maybe happened to Myranda? Is she dead or not?

Archived