TTTNE449: The one with the 2015 courtly titles

TheCrannogDweller

1) You can be my Time Warping Ice Dragon and Keeper of the Cross-Dressers, if you so desire it.

Time Warping Ice Dragon and Keeper of the Cross-Dressers is still my favourite :) Tywina, Lyanna and the Captain approve.

TTTNE449: The one with the 2015 courtly titles - sounds like an episode of Friends :lol:

Good to see you back Wally! And good morning spamigos :)

Many Congratulations to the new royal house Nogflower. Hope your reign is as pleasant as that of KT and TMoW. :D And hope this year too us full of chocolates.

And I'll take any title the royal duo bestows upon me :D

Firstly, a belated new years to everyone here. Anyway, i figured i'd stop in to make sure the board hasn't gone down in flames, though i shouldn't doubt the ability of Ran and the mods to keep this place operating and somewhat sane. :P

But, more importantly, my life has changed quite drastically in the past month. My "stepfather" was kicked out of the house, after it was revealed he had cheated on my mom a second time, arrogant jackass doesn't have the spine to admit he did wrong. I celebrated, and as it turns out, so did the rest of the family, since no one really liked him, and merely put up with him for my mom's sake.

Finally, congrats to Nog for winning and making and amusing theme. Never change nog, never change. :D

Ohoi Wally! You took a long time to stumble here. Good to see your life taking an upwards turn, hope it continues. :D

Just finished the Princess and the Queen.

Apart from everyone being completely unlikeable (something I can forgive if it makes sense and has something to keep me engaged, I like Abercrombie for instance because I understand why his characters are bastards,) I felt like some of the rivalries were contrived. People kept changing sides and no explanation was given: 'We will never know what prompted X to betray Y.' 5/10 disappointed.

Anyway I'm now reading the World of Ice and Fire (figured I should read PatQ first.)

Yes. The history is muddled, because we know only what the maesters reported, and so we don't know why X turned his cloak at this moment - this element is overused there. If he is writing that piece as history, at least somewhere proper explanations are owed.

Time Warping Ice Dragon and Keeper of the Cross-Dressers is still my favourite :) Tywina, Lyanna and the Captain approve.

TTTNE449: The one with the 2015 courtly titles - sounds like an episode of Friends :lol:

Good to see you back Wally! And good morning spamigos :)

Morning Adara!

I got an unexpected day off work today, which is great. The email came in the morning, which is silly but welcome. It is for Lohri, which is a harvest fstval here in the North (of India :P) So happy Lohri to you all, and a happy free day off to me :D

Good morning court

Wally! Good to see you here again! :grouphug:

That's interesting news, and I really hope it will get better for all of your family now.

How's the music playing? Did you decide on a uni or was it college?

Hey, Ak! Happy Lohri! :)

I'm on the way to work right now but it's a good morning. It mostly feels too early for me :P

We have black ice today :lol: It's scary slippery. I may fall over before the day is done if it doesn't warm up a little.

still no winter around here. Temperatures from 5-12°C, it's more like November. It's just not right... one evening, snow was falling for about an hour early December, melted when it touched the ground. Lots of rain and storms, storms accompanied by rain, horizontal rain driven by storm, that's our winter.

We're having pretty much the same kind of weather this winter, but slightly colder. Rain and a little bit of wet snow only lasting a day or so. Almost no days below 0 so far. The horizontal rain is familiar :lol: I live on the coast so we get a lot of wind from the sea. It's nice in summer though, the wind keeps the mosquitos and wasps away a bit and it doesn't get too hot. Ak would love it :laugh:

Good day Adara!!

We're having pretty much the same kind of weather this winter, but slightly colder. Rain and a little bit of wet snow only lasting a day or so. Almost no days below 0 so far. The horizontal rain is familiar :lol: I live on the coast so we get a lot of wind from the sea. It's nice in summer though, the wind keeps the mosquitos and wasps away a bit and it doesn't get too hot. Ak would love it :laugh:

Yes that does sound lovely. But I very much prefer the weather here compared to living near the coast. Here in India living on the coast would mean the same drizzly weather for the entire year. Here at least I get some variations.

Still playing Dragon Age Inquisition. And I just checked it is raining outside. No of course I didn't actually go outside, Bing weather is saying that it is raining outside, so it must be true.

I'm on the way to work right now but it's a good morning. It mostly feels too early for me :P

We have black ice today :lol: It's scary slippery. I may fall over before the day is done if it doesn't warm up a little.

Take care, don't fall! Black ice is the worst.

still no winter around here. Temperatures from 5-12°C, it's more like November. It's just not right... one evening, snow was falling for about an hour early December, melted when it touched the ground. Lots of rain and storms, storms accompanied by rain, horizontal rain driven by storm, that's our winter.

Not having that "problem" here. It's -22 C -24 C. November temperatures would be welcome! :)

eta

AK, I hope India is not having the cold you had last winter where so many froze to death. And I agree with Cora (of course :D ), it is very nice to have you around - hope you're able to visit more often.

Happy Lohri!

RB, if you couldn't sleep and so show up at the door in your bath robe, that does not make you a fail at life, imo. It means you have an extra problem to deal with. Does it happen often that you can't sleep?

Take care, don't fall! Black ice is the worst.

Not having that "problem" here. It's -22 C. November temperatures would be welcome! :)

Oh boy... What's this with the US having horrid cold and Europe having 4-12C all winter for the second time now...? Frustrating...

Oh boy... What's this with the US having horrid cold and Europe having 4-12C all winter for the second time now...? Frustrating...

A great question that I have no answer for.

What is even more perplexing than Europe having mild to no winter while most of the continental USA is in double digit minus numbers Celsius is that Alaska is also having a mild winter with temperatures around freezing. I knew a guy who lived in Anchorage, Alaska during 1980's. At this time of year they would be in the midst of an 8 week stretch where the temperatures never got above - 40 C. At this moment (according to Intellicast) it is -2 C and overcast there.

But this will happen as the oceans warm up. Anchorage is on the coast and their weather comes off the ocean. Although I haven't heard this year, last year their warming was due to an area of the northern Pacific being much warmer than usual. If that warmer water was further south, we would be the ones having the milder winter.

Back about 2006 we had a winter of 10 - 15 C for a daily high and no snow in the middle of January. People were out playing golf in January which was very weird. Our first snow that winter arrived a month later. But that weather's gone and the last two winters have been the coldest we've had in two decades - almost as cold as way long ago when I was a kid. But not quite.

A great question that I have no answer for.

What is even more perplexing than Europe having mild to no winter while most of the continental USA is in double digit minus numbers Celsius is that Alaska is also having a mild winter with temperatures around freezing. I knew a guy who lived in Anchorage, Alaska during 1980's. At this time of year they would be in the midst of an 8 week stretch where the temperatures never got above - 40 C. At this moment (according to Intellicast) it is -2 C and overcast there.

But this will happen as the oceans warm up. Anchorage is on the coast and their weather comes off the ocean. Although I haven't heard this year, last year their warming was due to an area of the northern Pacific being much warmer than usual. If that warmer water was further south, we would be the ones having the milder winter.

Back about 2006 we had a winter of 10 - 15 C for a daily high and no snow in the middle of January. People were out playing golf in January which was very weird. Our first snow that winter arrived a month later. But that weather's gone and the last two winters have been the coldest we've had in two decades - almost as cold as way long ago when I was a kid. But not quite.

I think you're right. We've had a thunderstorm yesterday, which is absolutely unusual in January. Though it might happen... except it just happened again. Thunder, lightning, hail (the icey one, not the hooray one), heavy wind. Afterwards (it lasted about half an hour) 20 minutes of snow that barely touched the ground. And now we're back to rain and heavy wind again. Seems, we have to get used to it. This leaves just one question: where is the goddamn unlike-button for weather?

Archived