Drunk Again. How did this happen?

Lily Valley

I am disappoint. I thought our chatting last night had depth and meaning. Turns out I was a diversion. :P

That was the high point of my evening. Perhaps the stark contrast once you had gone to sleep left me bereft and boooooored.

Or maybe it was the bad cold I have now coming on trying to bore me into going to bed early. If so, an interesting tactic by the ol' immune system.

I'm drunk, but not that happy-go-lobster drunk that started this shit. I'm pouring high proof liquor in the smouldering embers of righteous rage. Picking twitter fights, stirring shit up with friends and relatives, and trying to enlighten the youth of today on the joys of (not so) subtle Swiftian satire.

Fuck your traffic jams and eat babies, you fucks!

I've been hitting the gin and tonics. I've been busy as all hell all week, I go on vacation for a week Saturday morning, I've barely started packing, I have a whole bunch of work to do tomorrow and my effing printer has gone nuts, telling me the printer head has malfunctioned. I've taken out and re-installed all the ink cartridges, I managed to print a couple of pages, but now nothing more will print. I guess in the midst of all this I'll have to run out and buy a friggin' printer, because I have to print my travel docs. Bloody hell, I need another G&T. :(

I'm pouring high proof liquor in the shouldering embers of righteous rage.

Pure poetry.

And though I've never read any Swiftian Satire, tomorrow I will do my research tomorrow.

I've been hitting the gin and tonics. I've been busy as all hell all week, I go on vacation for a week Saturday morning, I've barely started packing, I have a whole bunch of work to do tomorrow and my effing printer has gone nuts, telling me the printer head has malfunctioned. I've taken out and re-installed all the ink cartridges, I managed to print a couple of pages, but now nothing more will print. I guess in the midst of all this I'll have to run out and buy a friggin' printer, because I have to print my travel docs. Bloody hell, I need another G&T. :(

Ugh. I too hate the few days before I take leave from work. I can't help but try and set up everything perfectly for the people that are covering for me. Here's to you having a relaxing vacation. "Gulp".

A timely reminder...a very timely reminder...

I might have to invite you over for a playdate if I get that bored again.

Sooo, I'm up for promotion and I have to deliver a packet (read here 5 1/2" binder) proving that I've done things in the last 3 years on Tuesday morning.

I am currently drinking whisky and working on it. Seriously this bitch has 5 chapters. I'm looking at the template thinking, "I haven't done SH++ but my JOB for the last three years." My job, teaching 9 or 10 sections of college freshman physics / term.

So I am putting y'all down as my "professional development training". Back my drunk ass up if they call you.

Yo, I got your back Lily.

I'm all sciency n shit, too. Totes credible.

Excellent! This goes under "Multi-disciplinary and Multi-cultural Teaching and Science Discussion Seminars" . I'll be hosting another at both SasQuan and ConQuest in the Hotel Bar in my bathrobe. Certificates of completion will be available (I'm learning).

So I am putting y'all down as my "professional development training". Back my drunk ass up if they call you.

Consider it done. I mean, we talked about teaching at Capclave, so it's totally true!

Put me down too! If any one calls, I'll just be all "yeah I'm a fucking teacher! Who said I wasn't? Who the fuck are you pal? I'm such a teacher I fuckin take you to school, egghead. Oh yeah, Lily? Of course she's great! Don't be an idiot, give her the job, Seamus."!

Ok, on second thought... Maybe I'm not the best reference...

Consider it done. I mean, we talked about teaching at Capclave, so it's totally true!

Expect PM's requesting an email to confirm. I think that will be sufficient.

Seriously. I am TRYING to set a precedent here for all workers who need some kind of "proof" to write off a trip for prof-dev. I am also HEARTILY SICK AND TIRED of lectures about blackboard.

:rofl: I love you redbeard.

Wait, lectures about the Blackboard CMS? Fuck that. I'm pretty tired of all the "workshops" featuring random Pearson products as well. That may be more of a high school specific thing.

And I'd totally give you my work email to help back up your efforts to connect with secondary school STEM teachers. I mean STEM is totally one of those terms that education administration folks go crazy over, right?

I can probably coach RRL on his reference abilities next month. Granted, we'll probably both be well-beered at the time, so it may not be the best coaching.....

ETA: This was all supposed to be in reply to Lily V, but I wandered off on an unrelated Google/YouTube/Twitter music trip with the Reply window still open. And then there were three extra responses. I blame beer.

Archived