What house would you chose to be Lord Paramount of their respective regions?

dornishswag

Too summarize for me it'd be House Stark for North. House Tully for Riverlands. House Royce for Vale. House Harlaw for Iron Isles. House Westerling for Westerlands. House Tarly for Reach. House Tarth for Stormlands. House Martell for Dorne.

Personally I'd put Starks back in power of the North most likely headed by Brandon and possibly married to Meera with a son named Eddard? Despite being paralyzed (it may seem weird seeing as this subject I'll mention briefly is odd but in this world incest, at least at one point, seemed acceptable) can he still use his "man" parts? Sorry for the deviation but I like to believe that even if he will never walk he can still canoodle (among other things) with Meera and have a bunch of kids (part of the other things mentioned earlier). The Reeds and Starks would be a strong alliance in my opinion as everyone, except those damn Boltons, would be pleased to have a son of Ned in charge. Or maybe to please possible queen Daenerys Targaryen he decides to marry another Stark? Not saying who but I might be hinting at Arya. If there isn't already a fanfiction about this it'll happen eventually, most likely from reading the previous sentence. Anyways I'm done with the North (sorry for blabbering about peoples nether bits and incest and stuff) and now we come to the Riverlands. Edmure is still alive and already has a child with the Frey girl though boy or girl is yet to be revealed. The vast majority of the Frey's may be bastards (no pun intended) but fortunately it seems Roslin isn't a complete, well, Frey and having the Tullys back in power is a pleasant thought for me. Though seeing as possible future king Jon Snow is of the Old Gods faith the Blackwoods would be a fitting choice. Coming to the Vale from what I understand the Arryns are in short supply (at least the main branch and seeing as how the Arryns of Gulltown are prone to marrying merchants they have too much "common blood" for most houses to take seriously as rulers though the wealth of these Arryns is considerable) and the heir is rather weak to rule so it would seem that the Royces are the best candidates with the Corbrays at second. The Iron Islands have been ruled by Greyjoys for far too long. Theon is a broken shell of his former self and Asha doesn't seem capable to lead under the Iron Throne and I'd expect revolts to spring up under her and not so much against the King but against her seeing as she won't be taken seriously as a women leading a people led primarily by men with the only exception being on the sea and then Victarion and Euron of course. Personally I'm torn between the Drumms, Goodbrothers and Harlaws. The Drumms have sovereignty over all of Old Wyk which would mean two houses under them though one may be in contention and have had a High King of the Iron Isles know as Regnar Raven-Feeder. Goodbrothers are one of the most powerful houses on Great Wyk and have 5 cadet branches one of which is on Old Wyk under the Drumms which is the contention I mentioned earlier. They also had a High King named Urrathon Badbrother. Finally the Harlaws rule over the entire island of Harlaw which is second in size only to Great Wyk. They have four houses under them and 4 cadet houses with a line of Rock and Salt Kings along with a High King known as Erich. I'd assume that the Drumms are the weakest with the Harlaws as the strongest in terms of history as rulers and stronger vassals. Switching to the Westerlands I have no clue really. House Westerling seems like the only real choice and the name fits though I'm not exactly pleased but possible future king Jon Snow might care that his beloved brother Robb's widow was a Westerling. With the Reach the choices are Hightower and Tarlys. Hightower simply because they are reputed as being loyal, stalwart and I simply find them cool. Possible future king Jon Snow would enjoy having old friend Samwell as head of the Reach though he wouldn't really fit the role (and that isn't a fat joke). For the Stormlands I'll simply be content with badass Brienne and Jaime sitting side by side ruling. Finally this will seem like a lackluster ending for this long note but I'm content with the Martells continuing to rule Dorne. Again sorry for the length. It was rather unnecessary but I had reasons I wanted to put down for the hell of it and sorry for any ramblings I know I have in here. Thank you all for reading and remember Melisandre's wise words: "R'hllor is the source of all good."

North

Lord Paramount = House Bolton of Winterfell

Warden of the North = Lord Roose Bolton of the Dreadfort

Riverlands

Lord Paramount = House Baelish of Harrenhal

Westerlands

Lord Paramount = House Lannister of Casterly Rock

Warden of the West = Ser Daven Lannister

The Vale

Lord Paramount = House Arryn of the Eyrie

Warden of the East = Lord Robert Arryn

The Reach

Lord Paramount = House Tyrell

Warden of the South = Lord Mace Tyrell

Dorne

Lord Paramount = Prince Doran Martell

Stormlands

Lady Paramount = Princess Myrcella Baratheon

Iron Islands

Lord Paramount = King Euron Greyjoy

• 1 month later...

So I get to just choose? House Stark for the North, completely wipe out the current population of the Iron Islands and just give it to a smaller amount of Lords, making it part of the Riverlands. House Blackwood for the Riverlands. House Royce for the Vale. House Baratheon for the Stormlands. House Tully for the Westerlands (I would make the Rock their prize), House Tyrell for the Reach and House Martell for Dorne. House Velaryon would become the greatest lords in the Crownlands and I would try to re-make their naval force.

At what point? Before AGOT?

It would be

House Stark- I don't think anyone else could manage the North

House Blackwood- Because they have the best historic claim and seem reasonable people in the Riverlands

House Arryn in the Vale because they have such a strong traditon there

House Martell in Dorne, not my favourites but they are descendents on Nymeria and revolutionised Dorne

House Hightower in the Reach, historic, rich, blood claim and not stewards

House Baratheon-Durrandon in the Stormlands, god blood man, god blood.

House Lannister in the Westerlands but under Kevan and not Tywin

Crownlands revert to the Stormlands

and the Iron Islands become Westeros' Atlantis.

A lot of you are being a bit quick to give the only region actually named after a great House to someone else.

The only reason I didn't choose House Royce was because the Arryns have been successful and mostly peaceful for a few thousand years. The Royces have a huge claim to the vale, the High King was mutually agreed by the rulers of the Vale before Arryn invaded. The Mountain men are a problem in the Vale too, caused by Arryn ethnic agendas. A Royce Lord or King could unite the Andals and First Men of the Vale together in a way the Arryns couldn't or wouldn't.

The only reason I didn't choose House Royce was because the Arryns have been successful and mostly peaceful for a few thousand years. The Royces have a huge claim to the vale, the High King was mutually agreed by the rulers of the Vale before Arryn invaded. The Mountain men are a problem in the Vale too, caused by Arryn ethnic agendas. A Royce Lord or King could unite the Andals and First Men of the Vale together in a way the Arryns couldn't or wouldn't.

There are very few First Men in the Vale, relatively speaking. It's considered the heart of Andal civilization for a reason. But IF that's important, Artys Arryn United the Andals of the Vale at the exactly the same time as Royce did so with the FM, at which point Arryn defeated Royce and...importantly...all the FM swore alliegance to Arryn. So they both United their peoples in the Vale, but only one of them also won the alliegance of the other, so I'm not sure how the Royce's would be more capable of unification than the Arryns.

North - Stark

Riverlands - Blackwood (assuming Tully dies out, that is)

Reach - Hightower or Tarly, unless Willas marries Asha in which case go House Tyrell!

Iron Islands - Greyjoy under Asha, or Harlaw under The Reader

Stormlands - Baratheon under Mya, Gendry, or Edric

Westerlands - Lannister under Tyrion

Dorne - Martell, under Trystane (he seems like a good kid)

Vale - a united Royce and Arryn intermarried (Randa and Harry maybe).

There are very few First Men in the Vale, relatively speaking. It's considered the heart of Andal civilization for a reason. But IF that's important, Artys Arryn United the Andals of the Vale at the exactly the same time as Royce did so with the FM, at which point Arryn defeated Royce and...importantly...all the FM swore alliegance to Arryn. So they both United their peoples in the Vale, but only one of them also won the alliegance of the other, so I'm not sure how the Royce's would be more capable of unification than the Arryns.

I'm not sure we know how many First Men are in the Vale, its not just the mountain men, is just hard to tell them apart as they worship the seven. The Mountain Men kept their culture. The Royces are a decent half way between the two, proud of their First Men ancestry but seven worshippers. More tolerant to old ways than the zealous andal ideology of the past.

Probably the most interesting bit about the Arryns was the giant Falcon, and its not even theirs. It was likely a First Man warg who is our first example of First Man/COTF breeding.

I'm not sure we know how many First Men are in the Vale, its not just the mountain men, is just hard to tell them apart as they worship the seven. The Mountain Men kept their culture. The Royces are a decent half way between the two, proud of their First Men ancestry but seven worshippers. More tolerant to old ways than the zealous andal ideology of the past.

Probably the most interesting bit about the Arryns was the giant Falcon, and its not even theirs. It was likely a First Man warg who is our first example of First Man/COTF breeding.

There's no middle ground needed between an overwhelming majority and a fringe group of wildlings. This is like suggesting the Umbers becomes Lords of the North because they have more in common with the new Wildlings than the Starks do; it's an iffy point used way out of proportion to it's worth, even if true.

Among other things, the Mountain Men broke from the likes of the Royces literally thousands of years ago, during which time they have become a pestilence to all lords of the Vale, including the Royces.

The Arryns are to the Vale what the Starks are to the North, and the Lannisters to the West. Replacing them with the Royces because a few thousand years ago the Royces had more in common with the Mountain Men...and less than the vast majority of Andal Valesmen...is imo a remarkably unconvincing argument.

The Arryns are to the Vale what the Starks are to the North, and the Lannisters to the West.

Absolutely. I've always said the Vale would fight as hard for the Arryns as the North does for the Starks. They wouldn't accept another family, be it Royce or anyone else, any more than the North would.

There's no middle ground needed between an overwhelming majority and a fringe group of wildlings. This is like suggesting the Umbers becomes Lords of the North because they have more in common with the new Wildlings than the Starks do; it's an iffy point used way out of proportion to it's worth, even if true.

Among other things, the Mountain Men broke from the likes of the Royces literally thousands of years ago, during which time they have become a pestilence to all lords of the Vale, including the Royces.

The Arryns are to the Vale what the Starks are to the North, and the Lannisters to the West. Replacing them with the Royces because a few thousand years ago the Royces had more in common with the Mountain Men...and less than the vast majority of Andal Valesmen...is imo a remarkably unconvincing argument.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Umbers giving it a go if the Starks got wiped out. Better than Boltons. Need we be reminded about who in the North is currently wading through Winter to get to 'The Ned's' girl? The Mountain Clans. I think there is a parallel to be made. Starks are a mid way allowing Manderley and Flints to rally to them but they are very different families. The Mountain Clans could have ended up just like the Mountain Men of the Vale if they weren't accepted and valued. Arryn and the Andals in general have been less tolerant despite being minority settlers in the context of Westeros!

Archived