Bumping for TWOW V3

Kikajon

(to steal a concept from another thread on this forum)

I think we will get a TWOW release date announced some time in 2015 (the release probably won't be for 2015, but the announcement will come this year).

The bumper below will tell when they think the announcement will come.

I'm hoping for a summer 2015 announcement, but that seems increasingly more unlikely with every trickle of news we hear.

Random question: How many complete/almost complete pages do you think George has? He last sent off 168 finalized pages to his editor in February 2013. In April 2013 he claimed to have about one quarter done. He finished writing for the World Book in March 2014. It's hard to say, particularly with George, but I imagine he has to have at least 600-700 in near completed state, and probably plenty besides in rough draft form.

I'm hoping for a summer 2015 announcement, but that seems increasingly more unlikely with every trickle of news we hear.

Random question: How many complete/almost complete pages do you think George has? He last sent off 168 finalized pages to his editor in February 2013. In April 2013 he claimed to have about one quarter done. He finished writing for the World Book in March 2014. It's hard to say, particularly with George, but I imagine he has to have at least 600-700 in near completed state, and probably plenty besides in rough draft form.

I think this is about right.

I believe the publisher and author would love to have a Christmas release for this puppy for a number of reasons.

1) Christmas season. Afaik, they don't have any other "product" coming out this year.

2) keep new material coming in advance of GOT

3) this has to be like surfing a wave for them. The last floob on Westeros wasn't much. They may have maxed out and could lose sales.

There's a lot of pressure on George and the publishers, I'm guessing. This may seem like a good thing, but may force the book out before it's really ready. I hope this doesn't happen. I think they did a pretty good job keeping ADWD to high standards. We'll see about TWOW. Maybe 2015. I can not imagine they'd wait past 2016.

Archived