Small Questions v.10095

Jon Weirgaryen

No. Aerys I wasn't a fighter either, and while Maekar did fight in multiple Blackfyre Rebellions, none happened while he was king. Jaehaerys II didn't fight in the War of the Ninepenny Kings, although he did fight (using the term loosely - he was eleven) in the fourth rebellion alongside his father.

Great , thank you, much appreciated! :)

What happens to Varys`s little birds? he only wants little ones and orders 50 in AGOT . Even mute they`d be too dangerous to have wander about with the secrets they learn

I think you just answered your own question.

What happens to Varys`s little birds? he only wants little ones and orders 50 in AGOT . Even mute they`d be too dangerous to have wander about with the secrets they learn

Jaime finds a chamber in the Red Keep with a lot of bones. That's one theory. The servants in Illyrio's manse are another.

Hi! My first post here

Questions:

1. I've seen an Ice dragon being mentioned, what does it mean? A metaphorical dragon or an actual dragon?

2. In the Dunk & Egg stories, there is a rule that those who lose in a tourney have to ransom their armor and horses. Is it a rule for all torneys, like the Hand's Tourney in AGoT? And was it a rule in real life?

3.What've happened with Aerion Brightflame's dragon egg?

Hi! My first post here

Questions:

1. I've seen an Ice dragon being mentioned, what does it mean? A metaphorical dragon or an actual dragon?

2. In the Dunk & Egg stories, there is a rule that those who lose in a tourney have to ransom their armor and horses. Is it a rule for all torneys, like the Hand's Tourney in AGoT? And was it a rule in real life?

Hi, and welcome to the forums :cheers:

I can, for now, only answer your first question. Ice dragon is a constellation, with list of mentions provided by Lost Melnibonenan here. Though, some people here theorize we'll see an actual ice dragon, although IMO such theses have no basis in the books.

Who is considered the best Horseman in Westeros at this time, and did that change from the beginning of Game of Thrones?

Side question, which region is most famous for their calvary?

Fighting on horse happens a lot less than I'd imagine, but Robb was quite good, and Jon is too. But pick almost any knights and you'd get your man. Loras, Sandor, Barristan, Mountain, Jaime all get high in tourney's quite often too.

The Reach I'd say. Home of knighthood, and with a huge amount of cavalry in Renly's army. Maybe the Vale, since we are yet to see their fighting style, while Dorne has the Sand Steeds, light skirmishing horses.

But as for Rohan charge cavalry, its the Reach.

When Tywin leaves Harrenhall, Arya notices the banners.

"...red ox and golden mountain, purple unicorn and bantam rooster, brindled boar and badger, a silver ferret and a juggler in motley, stars and sunbursts, peacock and panther, chevron and dagger, black hood and blue beetle and green arrow."

So we've got, Prester, Lefford, Brax, Swyft, Crakehall, Lydden, Ferren, Falwell, Peckledon, Kenning, Serret, Foote, Banefort, Bettley and Sarsfield.

Who is the panther? Myatt has a treecat and Parren had lions (but Parren is extinct iirc) so could it be Jast? Antario was with Jaime however, but then again, so was Quenton Banefort so likely they split their forces, but Jast?

Hi, and welcome to the forums :cheers:

I can, for now, only answer your first question. Ice dragon is a constellation, with list of mentions provided by Lost Melnibonenan here. Though, some people here theorize we'll see an actual ice dragon, although IMO such theses have no basis in the books.

I would just add that the ice dragon appears also to be a nod toward Jon's true identity.

Hi! My first post here

Questions:

2. The host of the tourney is allowed to determine the more specific rules. There are tourneys where only knights are allowed to compete (like Ashford). There are also tourneys where everyone old enough can compete (Hand's Tourney).

3. We don't know.

Does the "Child of three" in the HotU prophecy has any significance? Does any theory has a good explanation of that?

The dragon must have three heads! Also she has three dragons. I'm sure there are many threads discussing this, but I can't recall any.

Where was Robert during the tourney of Harrenhall?

He was there, he won the melee.

Archived