Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 8 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

I actually don't think people went too off topic in v9 it was getting back on track towards the end but anyway...

In response to the poster who was speculating about Dany's storyline a few pages back,

I think Dany will take down the harpy towards the start of the season when shes talking about 'breaking the wheel' and the harpy murders start.

Hizdahr doesn't want/doesn't care about slavery being changed- he wants his city back to the way it was so i doubt he would order it being taken down even to impress Dany. In the books he manages to make Dany budge on everything without him budging much at all- i think it will be the same in the show.

I actually don't think people went too off topic in v9 it was getting back on track towards the end but anyway...

In response to the poster who was speculating about Dany's storyline a few pages back,

I think Dany will take down the harpy towards the start of the season when shes talking about 'breaking the wheel' and the harpy murders start.

Hizdahr doesn't want/doesn't care about slavery being changed- he wants his city back to the way it was so i doubt he would order it being taken down even to impress Dany. In the books he manages to make Dany budge on everything without him budging much at all- i think it will be the same in the show.

I think taking down the Harpy might actually be the very first thing we see in Meereen in s5 actually. They could show Stalwart Shield and some other Unsullied doing it to contextualize who he is before he gets murdered. Also showing the Harpy prominently before showing the Sons whose masks are modelled after her design would be a good idea to make things clear to viewers. Maybe tearing it down is the motivating factor for beginning their insurgency.

Igrewupinkl

well if it is going to be dany doing then i dont think its going to be in earlier episodes ..it would have made more sense it was brought down last season ..

everything we know from leaked script and day in a life dany scenes starts with harpy killing and her meeting the council

you are right about hizdar i just throwed him because i cant see anyone doing that or giving a reason for dany to bring the harpy down in earlier.

but the sons of harpy fall will be symbolized by bringing down the statue .so i think it will be after the pit probably from the orders of barristan or jorah when dany is in dothraki sea

Konrad

i really cant see it opening like that ..

like i said if thats how they wanted to do it should have be been brought down in the last season .

and why should she suddenly take it in the first episode when she was already there and ruling for a season suddenly changes mind

also her dance arc is mainly about her sacrificing everything she can and has to keep the peace not to start it

Yeah, we need to be shown what the Harpy stands for before it gets torn down.

I predict that some Unsullied murder or murders will happen, we will be introduced to the SotH movement, and that is when Dany tears the thing down as a symbolic move, like a declaration she won't stand for it.

Archived