Who ultimately deserves the Iron Throne?

SerOathkeeper

He is undoubtedly.

Check - Stannis.

Check - Stannis.

Sounds like we agree. Excellent. :)

Lannister Baratheons definitely. Tommen remains on the throne, siring many fine heirs and defeats all who oppose him.

If Tommen was Robert's trueborn child, I would be in heaven. But Tommen isn't so he can't keep the throne. :(

Danny smart and young ....caring about smallpeople ....willing to learn and she has had some lessons which will help in ruling ....she will be ruthless when needed...

all the above can be said to stannis but one difference is that Danny will be more powerful and charming...

I dont think either of them going to survive the series

Well unfortunately for you and Dany*(not Danny), being charming isnt a resume builder you need when it comes to being the leader of a nation/region/kingdom

Stannis is the most fair or all. Even cut off Davos' top finger joints because Davos smuggled life saving supplies into Storms End during a seige while roberts rebellion was going on.

Bobby B must be laughing from the beyond... "who would like to sit on that damnable chair??"

To answer the OP... whoever likes playing the game more... Tyrion maybe (longshot but he would enjoy it, and so would we i think)

I wish the baratheon dynasty to prevail but that´s because i´m a fanboy :)

Whoever wins it by force and their decedents who are going to succeed them are the ones who deserve the throne. At this point it belongs to Stannis by right but it could've been argued that Viserys was the one who should be on the throne by right even though Robert had taken it but he didn't really have what it takes to be king. He wasn't likable he wasn't respectable and he didn't have an army. At this point the same thing can be argued about Stannis except for the army part but if he did take the throne then he would truly deserve it.

Logically, Tommen I Baratheon. He is the son of Robert (at least to the overwhelming majority of the world) so he is the rightful king, which sadly makes Stannis a mere usurper.

Oh and OP, while it is easy to say Aegon the Dragon usurped six of the Seven Kingdoms, ALL the kingdoms were born from usurpation; Rhoynar usurped Andals (in Dorne), Andals usurped First Men, and the First Men displaced the Children of the Forest.

Emotionally, destroy IT and the Seven Kingdoms and return Westeros to the rightful rulers- the Old Races.

Stannis.

He's shown to be just and strong enough to hold it, and he's done enough crap to deserve being made miserable by it too.

The faith being rearmed makes a King Stannis really troubling. King Stannis would probably take a page from Maegor the Cruel and plunge the realm into endless religious civil war. If you are looking at which candidate has worked hardest you could probably make an even better case for Euron. Hiring a faceless man isn't cheap.

I vote for Leyton Hightower. Let Jon and Dany rule the North. The South should be ruled by Westerosi again. With the support of the Maesters they could usher in a golden age of science and reason. Stannis has been working for years but the Hightowers have been undermining the Targaryens for centuries. And the Reach should be the Kingdom that rules the other Southern Kingdoms just due to demographics. The Reach can field the largest army which means they'll have the easiest time keeping the others in line. I'm hoping the Tyrells will fall by the end of the series.

Archived