Lady Stoneheart

Reginald blackfield

One side deduces she is definitely cut because she wasn't in S4. Actors, agents, and a director have inferred in interviews she's cut and not returning. The time to do it was last season - it's getting too far from the Red Wedding to bring her back. No characters even mentioned any rumors about someone named "Stoneheart" last season.

The other side deduces that they're trying to hide her eventual reveal because they didn't do in S4. The vagueness of the aforementioned interviews and refusal of D&D to even discuss it means they can't talk about it because she is coming in S5 or later. Merrett's Epilogue was cut because he's a shitty TV show character and Brienne being the reveal would be better.

This isn't about one side being more naive than the other, its about being somewhat gullible versus believing in a mild conspiracy.

I usually do not post on LSH threads and avoid as much as possible to comment on her (it's honestly not one storyline I'm particulary excited by), but I had to react at that cause it is definitly the LSH debate in a nutshell !

Fear not LS fans. The idea that she won't be back, to me is utter nonsense;

Considering how GRRM apparently struggles over every last letter he puts to print, I highly doubt he created that character on a whim and for her to just fade off into insignificance,

If you consider the fact that she was resurrected by the Red God through Beric by giving his life for hers, and the Red God is significant to the Stannis/Melisandre plot, I think LS will be part of the story moving forward. How significant? I don't know. It might be as much about closure as it is revenge .Closure being LS finding out her children (beside Robb) are alive and she can rest in peace. And who knows, maybe the speculation about LS giving her life for _____? might be true.

Now I admit I was wrong about her appearing at the end of season 4 (mainly beacuse of being blatantly lied to by Ms. Heady) but in retrospect the LS reveal is an ace in the hole that can be played when needed most, and that time is in season 5.

What will be the big kahuna moment in season 5? Cersei's walk of shame? Don't think so

They also needed to wait until there was more meat on the bone for that plotline, which will be in TWOW.

Are D&D (both self proclaimed huge fans of the books) really going to pass up the opportunity for an absolutely mind blowing scene? Doubt it.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that when they got the green light for produce the show, the LS reveal was one of the plot points they were most looking forward to, along with Ned's death, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding etc

There's also a slight chance that they might have already filmed that scene when they filmed season 3

If and when it happens, I think it will be full on creepfest mode.

Also, there'd be no harm for them to just come out and say "LS will not be in the series at any time"

All the speculation about Ms Fairley saying "that character is dead" and the director saying "she was not considered for season 4" is just subterfuge.

And finally, does anyone want to venture to guess who's pale livid hand with dirty nails and black cuticles we're seeing at 1:40 of the season 5 trailer?
Probably not her but I can't think of who it might be.

I actually think, they wanted to include her but...

Then D&D had their sit in with GRRM and decided they would need the screentime for something more important. Well, I didn´t check if the timing works for this. But it was the first thing coming to my thoughts.

I am not to sad when she doesn´t make it into the show. I was pretty annoyed when she appeared in the books...

Fear not LS fans. The idea that she won't be back, to me is utter nonsense;

Considering how GRRM apparently struggles over every last letter he puts to print, I highly doubt he created that character on a whim and for her to just fade off into insignificance,

If you consider the fact that she was resurrected by the Red God through Beric by giving his life for hers, and the Red God is significant to the Stannis/Melisandre plot, I think LS will be part of the story moving forward. How significant? I don't know. It might be as much about closure as it is revenge .Closure being LS finding out her children (beside Robb) are alive and she can rest in peace. And who knows, maybe the speculation about LS giving her life for _____? might be true.

Now I admit I was wrong about her appearing at the end of season 4 (mainly beacuse of being blatantly lied to by Ms. Heady) but in retrospect the LS reveal is an ace in the hole that can be played when needed most, and that time is in season 5.

What will be the big kahuna moment in season 5? Cersei's walk of shame? Don't think so

They also needed to wait until there was more meat on the bone for that plotline, which will be in TWOW.

Are D&D (both self proclaimed huge fans of the books) really going to pass up the opportunity for an absolutely mind blowing scene? Doubt it.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that when they got the green light for produce the show, the LS reveal was one of the plot points they were most looking forward to, along with Ned's death, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding etc

There's also a slight chance that they might have already filmed that scene when they filmed season 3

If and when it happens, I think it will be full on creepfest mode.

Also, there'd be no harm for them to just come out and say "LS will not be in the series at any time"

All the speculation about Ms Fairley saying "that character is dead" and the director saying "she was not considered for season 4" is just subterfuge.

And finally, does anyone want to venture to guess who's pale livid hand with dirty nails and black cuticles we're seeing at 1:40 of the season 5 trailer?

Probably not her but I can't think of who it might be.

You gave me hope with this post :crying:. When I first say that hand I thought LSH but then I realized it is too good to be true and is probably Theon or someone else being tortured.

The only way I see LSH not being in the show is if Michelle Fairley refuses the role or has other projects and is unable. The vagueness suggests atleast that they are considering it and if the actor is available they will do it at some point. I just worry that if they leave it too late, the effect will be lost (and I'm not talking about shock effect, that will always remain). S5 seems perfectly fine to me so fingers crossed.

Catelyn was mentioned, not LSH - for example, Brienne told Arya that she'd sworn a vow to protect her mother, and Sansa talked about her mother's body being thrown in the river. But there have been zero indicators that anything strange is afoot in the Riverlands.

heh i thought you were talking about LS.

I'm not one of those people that bitches and moans about the lack of LS, though I do admit it shocked me when she wasn't in finale. The Unsullied would have ate that shit up I think, at least the ones I know personally.

Oh well, one last chance in Season 5 finale. I'd rather have all 3 Greyjoys to be honest.

Yep, 100% cut. They have had two perfect chances to hit us with a jaw dropping reveal of her but they've choose not to.

Strange since they said one of the reasons they wanted to make the series was to do the Red Wedding scene but they don't seem to care at all about the aftermath.

Yeah, it's a bummer, but if they didn't do it at the end of Season 4 I don't think they will do it at all. It would have been great.

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm pretty much convinced that LS has been completely cut from the show.

I just wish we could have a definitive statement from D&D along the lines of "Michelle Fairley will not returning to the show" or "Lady Stoneheart will not be appearing in the show".

The fact that they haven't said anything like this is why I am not full blown 100% that she has been cut but I fear that is simply clutching at straws.

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm pretty much convinced that LS has been completely cut from the show.

I just wish we could have a definitive statement from D&D along the lines of "Michelle Fairley will not returning to the show" or "Lady Stoneheart will not be appearing in the show".

The fact that they haven't said anything like this is why I am not full blown 100% that she has been cut but I fear that is simply clutching at straws.

Actually Michelle Fairley has said several times she understood what the role would be for Catelyn and that Cat is dead. Her agent has also said there's been no discussion to have her on the show. I doubt there'll be any more than that. And D&D don't usually say who's appearing or not, do they?

Actually Michelle Fairley has said several times she understood what the role would be for Catelyn and that Cat is dead. Her agent has also said there's been no discussion to have her on the show. I doubt there'll be any more than that. And D&D don't usually say who's appearing or not, do they?

They were flat out asked on Comic Con and in frenzy they started saying stuff like 'we can't comment'.

Actually Michelle Fairley has said several times she understood what the role would be for Catelyn and that Cat is dead. Her agent has also said there's been no discussion to have her on the show.

All of this should not be taken at face value. When asked about Lady Stoneheart in interviews and whatnot, denial is Michelle Fairley's (or her agent's, for that matter) only option.

Unless Benioff and Weiss come out and officially say, that the character of Lady Stoneheart has been omitted from the show, there is still hope, I think. To this day, they haven't done so. I believe they commented on Tysha's absence from last year's season finale at Comic Con, but they have refused to comment on Lady Stoneheart. Why? If they don't plan to have her on the show, why not just say so and put all these rumors to rest once and for all?

I mean, I don't wanna sound like I'm in denial. All I'm saying is that at this moment, there is no way for us to undoubtedly tell, if Stoneheart has been omitted or not. Personally, I think the main indicator that she probably has been is not what the actress said during interviews, but much more the fact, that there is absolutely no news of Michelle Fairley filming for Season 5, but again: this doesn't actually "prove" anything, it just makes her appearance in Season 5 seem kinda unlikely.

Can't watch the video now but the Stoneheart questions are always the ones where they never state anything clearly. Not sure what point are you trying to make given how the fact Arianne was cut was just admitted head on.

Did D&D say Ariane was cut? When? I don't recall but I may have missed it.

Did D&D say Ariane was cut? When? I don't recall but I may have missed it.

Google it, I don't have every piece of news coded in my memory but it was a confirmed information Arianne is not in the show.

Archived