Lady Stoneheart

Reginald blackfield

Still that was a massive stretch. He said a lot of dumb things, come on you're honestly defending this tool?

Why is it a massive stretch for Tormund to love Ygritte in a friendly way? Surely he has some respect for her.

I think the shadowbaby pales in comparision to firecrackers in The Children....and you know...those skeletons or whatever those were.

They were wights. They're even in the book...They pop out of the ground and attack Bran and co. And the children do light them on fire somehow. Most likely magic.

Why is it a massive stretch for Tormund to love Ygritte in a friendly way? Surely he has some respect for her.

They were wights. They're even in the book...They pop out of the ground and attack Bran and co. And the children do light them on fire somehow. Most likely magic.

1. Listen to the commentary, Graves has a lot of odd things to say at the very odd moments

2. it was ridiculously shown in the show

Is there some way to show skeletons emerging from the ground like this, and attacking people, which isn't the least bit ridiculous? I don't think so. But such events are part of this fantasy world GRRM conceived, so I can't see which rules people are judging this by exactly; when something goes from being normal and acceptable (people riding dragons) to suddenly being 'ridiculous' (for example someone throwing / 'shooting' an advanced explosive weapon).

Is there some way to show skeletons emerging from the ground like this, and attacking people, which isn't the least bit ridiculous? I don't think so.

I'm sure there is, but that wasn't it.

Well there are only so many ways these kinds of things can be shown on screen, content needs to be visually interesting and entertaining (which is not inherently a bad thing) meaning keeping people engaged. Everything in the show is written with a budget in mind, scenes of lower priority need less screen-time. So I would suggest creatively this type of scene also needs to offer something original and unexpected. IMO the scene was consistent with the quality of the show, and was well conceived / performed / edited under the circumstances. Ultimately, this is a TV show and what appears onscreen is representational of the story, especially the most fantasy-orientated elements. There is no real need to be so critical of these minor details IMO. Anyway, this is a conversation about skeletons jumping out of the ground. Some people want to nit-pick about these more tongue-in-cheek aspects of the show, that's fine and it's all good to be talking about it. Personally I'm going to enjoy the ride.

Well there are only so many ways these kinds of things can be shown on screen, content needs to be visually interesting and entertaining (which is not inherently a bad thing) meaning keeping people engaged. Everything in the show is written with a budget in mind, scenes of lower priority need less screen-time. So I would suggest creatively this type of scene also needs to offer something original and unexpected. IMO the scene was consistent with the quality of the show, and was well conceived / performed / edited under the circumstances. Ultimately, this is a TV show and what appears onscreen is representational of the story, especially the most fantasy-orientated elements. There is no real need to be so critical of these minor details IMO. Anyway, this is a conversation about skeletons jumping out of the ground. Some people want to nit-pick about these more tongue-in-cheek aspects of the show, that's fine and it's all good to be talking about it. Personally I'm going to enjoy the ride.

Actually this is a conversation about LSH, so there's no need for the enjoy the ride manifesto.

I'm sorry if we're not allowed to talk about this in this thread, and I don't know how to make spoiler tags. Anyway, it's about season 5 revealed titles... I won't be very specific, but I'm so in the hype for LSH that the episode 7 title made me think immediately of her! Got very excited, then remembered there are lots of other interpretations to that... oh well :( just saying.

I'm sorry if we're not allowed to talk about this in this thread, and I don't know how to make spoiler tags. Anyway, it's about season 5 revealed titles... I won't be very specific, but I'm so in the hype for LSH that the episode 7 title made me think immediately of her! Got very excited, then remembered there are lots of other interpretations to that... oh well :( just saying.

The Gift? Well, hope you are right ;)

btw you make spoiler tags by writing [ spoiler] your message [ / spoiler) (without space in the [])

The Gift? Well, hope you are right ;)

btw you make spoiler tags by writing [ spoiler] your message [ / spoiler) (without space in the [])

Thanks a lot! And yes, I was talking about The Gift. Didn't know if I could talk about it openly, because some people might not like to read the episode titles beforehand. But well, it doesn't mean anything. Still, LSH was the first thing that came to my ming... Episode 7 seems a reasonable one for her to have a bigger role.

Thanks a lot! And yes, I was talking about The Gift. Didn't know if I could talk about it openly, because some people might not like to read the episode titles beforehand. But well, it doesn't mean anything. Still, LSH was the first thing that came to my ming... Episode 7 seems a reasonable one for her to have a bigger role.

Yeah if the rumour about episode 2 is true and she hears some noises in the forest then she could meet her in ep. 7 and then...go north after Arya or Sansa

Long time Lurker, first time poster. I haven't had this much LSH hype since the ending of Season 3. I have a feeling we'll know whether she's happening or not by the end of episodes 2 or 3 and I'm giddy with excitement!!!

Welcome! :cheers: I wait for her every year so I never give up hope :)

I always watch GoT with a group of friends. None of us expected LSH in 3x10, so there was no disappointment on that front. Last year's finale was a completely different story, though. :lol: We were crushed. And a bunch of angry drunks in the end. I'm not ready to face this level of disappointment again.. Maybe we need some kind of LSH support group for S5. She is literally the ONE thing that I absolutely NEED to have on the show. Everything else from the books would be wonderful, too, of course. But LSH is my most anticipated thing. D&D, just put me out of my misery. Please!

I think what makes the Lady S even more enjoyable is that she is played by one of the best actors in the series. Having her return would be a welcome blast of honest to goodness great acting. Ms.Fairley has been handed crumbs, and made a feast with the smallest words. A look, a simple glance...the actress speaks volumes. Stoneheart does not need to trumpet out Dany style 'break the wheel' platitudes. She works as a character who reacts, looks, sighs, grasps her throat, grips her son's crushed crown, and hisses revenge. It's an excellent, sad, vengeful gothic being...

And I must have her in the show!

I always watch GoT with a group of friends. None of us expected LSH in 3x10, so there was no disappointment on that front. Last year's finale was a completely different story, though. :lol: We were crushed. And a bunch of angry drunks in the end. I'm not ready to face this level of disappointment again.. Maybe we need some kind of LSH support group for S5. She is literally the ONE thing that I absolutely NEED to have on the show. Everything else from the books would be wonderful, too, of course. But LSH is my most anticipated thing. D&D, just put me out of my misery. Please!

Behold your support group :grouphug:

I think what makes the Lady S even more enjoyable is that she is played by one of the best actors in the series. Having her return would be a welcome blast of honest to goodness great acting. Ms.Fairley has been handed crumbs, and made a feast with the smallest words. A look, a simple glance...the actress speaks volumes. Stoneheart does not need to trumpet out Dany style 'break the wheel' platitudes. She works as a character who reacts, looks, sighs, grasps her throat, grips her son's crushed crown, and hisses revenge. It's an excellent, sad, vengeful gothic being...

And I must have her in the show!

The thing that makes me more hopeful that she is in is that this is simply too good not to have - 1. a constant reminder of RW in the form of her 2. element of horror 3. a neat way to combine Northern's vengeance, doom of Freys, Brienne and Jaime arcs 4. awesome twist to have in the story 5. having an excellent actress - and BwB actors who were also great - come back 6. hell they can even throw in Nymeria there to tie more loose ends

Archived