Lady Stoneheart

Reginald blackfield

You are wrong. Just because there hasn't been any retribution so far doesn't mean there never will be. You are acting like an entitled child I'm afraid (no offense). We can very well see revenge on the freys sometime in s5 and s6, and it will be fine.

In fact, if stoneheart shows up in s5 there is nothing wrong with that. The only season she'd be missing out on is s4 to give her story breathing room.

So;

Season 1: Cat's alive

Season 2: Cat's alive

Season 3: Cat's alive, dies at the end

Season 4: [gap with no Cat, have viewers get used to her loss]

Season 5: Cat returns

Season 6: Cat kills Walder(?) and other Freys

Season 7: Brienne or Jaime kills Cat

I see nothing wrong with that at all and I think it's good writing.

Wow, powerful and completely not offensive post.

Haha, I'm afraid VR that I think Sati was offended by the entitled child comment and that you missed the sarcasm there. If you could just have said exactly what you said without the comment highlighted you might have managed to have a legitimate discussion without insults, unfortunately you didn't which kind of undermines the post above.

FWIW I totally agree with your season summary and argument though.

I just read this post from another site (WotW) and thought it was an interesting take that I hadn't considered before. What do you guys think? Could one word really make that big a difference?

Hodor's Bastard

January 21, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Speaking of Jaime’s “redemption arc” (with which I don’t agree but for the sake of discussion I’ll go with it), I wanted to point out how that infamous change, as uttered by Roose, predicted that LS on GoT had been discarded by D&D early on (when S3 was being scripted).

— As stated, “The Lannisters send their regards” created a TV moment that pitted family vs family to the viewing audience, leading to wider more-daunting effects of war.

— BUT “Jaime Lannister sends his regards”

They only changed this line because Jaime just spent the whole season redeeming himself in the audience's eyes. They didn't want any confusion. I amount the change to as minor as "Only Cat" vs "Your sister".

Haha, I'm afraid VR that I think Sati was offended by the entitled child comment and that you missed the sarcasm there. If you could just have said exactly what you said without the comment highlighted you might have managed to have a legitimate discussion without insults, unfortunately you didn't which kind of undermines the post above.

:agree:

Thank you for agreeing :). It's good to see some posters here can have a legitimate discussion without resorting to insults. I left IMDb because of it. :cheers:

Oh seems to me you fit in with imdb crowd just fine.

There are ways to bring Lady stone heart into the show if they want. For instance, instead of Jon having a dream where a heart tree with Bran's face opens his third eye, Arya could have a version of the dream.

Arya: Bran…is that you? Where is this?

Bran: Someplace safe, someplace dark, where I can see everyone and they can't see me.

Arya: Something's different...have you always had three eyes?

Bran: All of us have always had three eyes. You leave your body and go to your wolf through the third one. You already do it in your dreams.

Arya: No, I don't...

Bran: Yes you do. You just forget your wolf-dreams when you wake up. Let me open your third eye a little more so you remember the times you've lived in Nymeria's skin…

A branch of the Bran-tree pokes Arya in the forehead, and then there is a montage of subjective shots of Arya as the Night Wolf. It culminates in Arya/Nymeria dragging her mother's body from the river. The wolves howl, then flee before a band of men on horseback. We hear Thoros in the distance, "No, Berrick, she's been dead in the river too long…better to stay dead than come back like that…"

More howling; then one of Brusco's daughters wakes Arya up and says, "Cat, you were howling like a wolf." With tears in her eyes, Arya says, "Sorry…I had an old recurring dream that I was a wolf and found my mother's body in a river…until now, I don't think I fully realized she was dead."

Then cut to the Merrit Frey scene or its equivalent.

Of course, there's no evidence that Isaac hempstead-wright is doing voice-overs this season. We don't even know if Cat-of-the-Canals will stay with Brusco. But that would be one way to do it; it's just a question of whether they want to.

^^^

Argh. The only thing worse than this for Sansa would be substituting for (f)Arya. Which, fortunately, makes so little sense that I don't think D&D would do it.

Still, I'm wondering if the shot of the two women walking in the woods could be Sansa and Margaery. Or Sanasa and Myranda Royce? Either way, Sansa might jetpack between Gulltown (where she apparently sees Petyr off to Kings Landing in the trailer) and the Gates of the Moon, where Brienne might find her. Still, I really don't want to see Sansa holding Pod hostage--why would she even care about bringing Jamie Lannister back to the Vale?

I'm still hoping Lady Stoneheart will be revealed just before Mothers' Day, after mentions of mysterious Frey disappearances in every episode.

Lady Lemonheart looks like a sure bet. It works for me. Giving Sansa stuff to do without spoiling the books too much is a win-win.

LSH reveal would have been awesome, but they simply have no room for non-essential characters.

The idea that they could make room by cutting stuff like Grey Worm/Missandei (admittedly kinda lame) or the Beetles speech (a sublime improvement on Martin's work) is very wishful thinking. Show-only folks can only keep track of so many characters.

LS is boring and has done nothing that affected the overall plot so far. I'm surprised people want to see her so badly. It's like they're trying to convince themselves that book 4 was not a total letdown.

Partially true. I just hate most resurrections as they weaken the effect of death in the series.It would have been better if Catelyn would have stayed dead and the Blackfish would continue to resist the Freys

LS is boring and has done nothing that affected the overall plot so far. I'm surprised people want to see her so badly. It's like they're trying to convince themselves that book 4 was not a total letdown.

Yes. What a shock! Different people have different preferences and opinions on different characters.

Archived