Castellan of the Dreadfort

DarkSister1001

Arnolf Karstark told Stannis that the Dreadfort is weakly protected. Considering that Arnolf is trying to lure Stannis into attacking the DF I assume that this is false. Even if it isn’t, it would be difficult to take and so well provisioned that a siege would be damn near impossible as Jon points out to Stannis. We’re told the survivors of the sack of WF were sent to the DF with Ramsay. Ramsay went to WF for his wedding so…who is castellan of the Dreadfort while Ramsay and Roose are away?

Domeric bolton. After he heard about the ruin of his bastard brother he uses his other powers to send the fell blizzard to the wall, at least that's what might happen if this was forgotten realms and not asoiaf.

Hell, would t that be a twist if domeric was alive in some capacity? We never see him die and roose tells theon that he is dead.

Though to be serious it's probably some grey beard man at arms. Didn't Stannis say that he met with survivors from the battle of winterfell in his letter to jon concerning the liberation of deepwood motte? Maybe they're different survivors but it could very well be that they broke out of the dreadfort, considering the monster isn't there.

Ok, thanks. Then there are no obvious contenders for castellan. It's a bit weird how the Boltons have no other family members. No uncles, brothers, sisters, or cousins to Roose. Just Ramsay and Domeric and the other dead kids. We don't even hear of Roose's parents. Every other Northern House has more family members. The Karstarks they ain't.

that's 'cause the dude is a total vampire thingy. At least I'm pretty sure he's grrm's version of a vampire, kinda like the stark children are werewolves ( frets at white harbor saying that it is well known wargs birth other wargs via bite, rumor at harrenhal that tywin bought a bunch of silver to make swords to slay the stark wargs)

Its one of the few theory's I thought of without Internet help and it's half assed at that. I would mention twoiaf but I can't spoiler for some reason of a tablet.

Domeric bolton. After he heard about the ruin of his bastard brother he uses his other powers to send the fell blizzard to the wall, at least that's what might happen if this was forgotten realms and not asoiaf.

Hell, would t that be a twist if domeric was alive in some capacity? We never see him die and roose tells theon that he is dead.

Though to be serious it's probably some grey beard man at arms. Didn't Stannis say that he met with survivors from the battle of winterfell in his letter to jon concerning the liberation of deepwood motte? Maybe they're different survivors but it could very well be that they broke out of the dreadfort, considering the monster isn't there.

I feel confident that Domeric is dead. Otherwise I don't think Ramsay would've been legitimized. Roose named him his heir out of necessity.

I just can't figure out if Arnolf was being honest about the state of the Dreadfort. He was supposed to march on the DF with Stannis and then turn his cloak and fight Stannis. Stannis found out about the treachery before it could come to fruition. So I'm wondering if the DF is as well-provisioned as Jon says and as lightly held as Arnold claims. If so, a siege wouldn't work, but maybe they could sneak someone into the DF like they did Mance at WF. And if all the people that survived the sack of WF are inside the DF it may make over taking it easier.

PS - My quote function doesn't work on my tablet either. Grrr

Thanks!

I wasn't claiming domeric was alive, just pondering out loud how cool of a twist it would be. I've been wondering if Arnolf was considering turning his cloak on roose, because Stannis considers giving him winterfell when talking to jon and there's rumors that he would be the one to get winterfell via asha chapters.

I need to check out if the people in the dreadfort are survivors of the battle at winterfell or just merely the people of winterfell.

I can quote, but I can't bold out the part for the reason of my quoting, so I just quote whatever they all wrote. It must suck for some people but this website has a pretty understanding community( except for crazy theories.)

• 2 weeks later...

that's 'cause the dude is a total vampire thingy. At least I'm pretty sure he's grrm's version of a vampire, kinda like the stark children are werewolves ( frets at white harbor saying that it is well known wargs birth other wargs via bite, rumor at harrenhal that tywin bought a bunch of silver to make swords to slay the stark wargs)

Its one of the few theory's I thought of without Internet help and it's half assed at that. I would mention twoiaf but I can't spoiler for some reason of a tablet.

You can type in spoiler boxes like this[spoiler ] type words here [/spoiler ] just leave out the spaces in the spoiler boxes.

You can type in spoiler boxes like this[spoiler ] type words here [/spoiler ] just leave out the spaces in the spoiler boxes.

Archived