NFL 2014-15 postseason: deflating pre-Super Bowl hype

DanteGabriel

Hey man as long as it's done within the regulation psi, it's not "cheating" ;)

ETA: Also did any Colts fan said that we lost because of under inflated footballs? NOT ON THIS BOARD.

ETA1: good find by the way. He should be investigated :)

Oh, no. Nobody here said that. I agree. But the fact that people- not necessarily here- are up in arms about it (there is an SI article going around that is extraordinarily silly) seems to be more of a result of the Pats' (sort-of deserved reputation) and not because its so terrible.

And the fact that when this happened, Pats fans did not go "OHHH MY GAWWWWDDDDD. THE PAACKAAAS AAAHHH CHEEATAAAAHHHS..."

Now, ...

It is cheating no matter who does it. I don't see anyone here defending Rodgers. But when you have the history of cheating, further cheating should have more serious consequences.

... weird thing: if the Pats intentionally broke the rules, the Pats have to be punished. That I agree with.

Aaron? Meh. Get healthy.

These threads have turned into a "poor me everybody hates the Patriots" thread. Haven't heard anybody defend Rodgers, i didn't know about that but if i did at the time, i would have been against Rodgers.

This is just more of the victim card, which gets old fast. If anything, acting like that will cause me (and others) to hate the Patriots because of how the fans cry and whine.

Nobody has done either; I am only bringing up the fact that Pats fans back then didn't care (most likely because its not a big deal). I don't think Rodgers should be fined or the Pack lose a pick. ITs just that NOBODY CARED when Rodgers did it; Pats do it- its cheating and SI does an article; Wilbon says the Pats should forfeit the game (I. Shit. You. Not).

So, no- nobody here is persecuting the Pats and I do NOT feel persecuted. Stop saying that I am.

Though... I kind of like it when you said "Nobody here is hurting you. Sop acting that way or I'll hurt you."

... weird thing: if the Pats intentionally broke the rules, the Pats have to be punished. That I agree with.

Aaron? Meh. Get healthy.

I imagine he'll have plenty of opportunity in the offseason to deflate his balls.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/olivia-munn-8a1_zps484d9a9e.jpg.html

Oh, no. Nobody here said that. I agree. But the fact that people- not necessarily here- are up in arms about it (there is an SI article going around that is extraordinarily silly) seems to be more of a result of the Pats' (sort-of deserved reputation) and not because its so terrible.

And the fact that when this happened, Pats fans did not go "OHHH MY GAWWWWDDDDD. THE PAACKAAAS AAAHHH CHEEATAAAAHHHS..."

Now, ...

Aaron? Meh. Get healthy.

Nobody has done either; I am only bringing up the fact that Pats fans back then didn't care (most likely because its not a big deal). I don't think Rodgers should be fined or the Pack lose a pick. ITs just that NOBODY CARED when Rodgers did it; Pats do it- its cheating and SI does an article; Wilbon says the Pats should forfeit the game (I. Shit. You. Not).

So, no- nobody here is persecuting the Pats and I do NOT feel persecuted. Stop saying that I am.

Though... I kind of like it when you said "Nobody here is hurting you. Sop acting that way or I'll hurt you."

Hurt you? lol What?

And i don't agree with the ball deflating, Refs would have noticed.

You guys seem to be forgetting that the NFL refs aren't exactly the most competent people out there.

But regardless, can we stop talking about this? It's so fucking stupid. Let's talk about Marc Trestman being the new OC in Baltimore.

I guess the Ravens are gonna get Joe Flacco a new OC every year to keep defenses from figuring out how deep he's gonna throw the ball and how fast he's gonna check down from year to year.

<snipped bunch of Rock Talk>

I know some people are treating the D Gate as further evidence of dirty cheaters who cheats are cheating once again. I think however on this board, the prevailing sentiment is that BB should not need to push the boundaries of NFL regulations to win football games. This shenanigans are tainting his legacy. I for one believe that he will go down as the best ever. However his weird flirtation with illegal stuff that may give his team minuscule advantage at best makes no sense what so ever.

I don't think the ball was deflated, refs would have noticed eventually.

We'll see, apparently the investigation should be done in the next couple of days or so.

But yeah let's talk football. Trestman will be a good OC, he is just not HC material imo.

Also everytime I think about the Bears I envision Cutler throwing bombs to Marshall, Jeffrey and Bennett in coach Arians' offense. How awesome would that have been? We were robbed by the Bears' front office.

You guys seem to be forgetting that the NFL refs aren't exactly the most competent people out there.

But regardless, can we stop talking about this? It's so fucking stupid. Let's talk about Marc Trestman being the new OC in Baltimore.

I guess the Ravens are gonna get Joe Flacco a new OC every year to keep defenses from figuring out how deep he's gonna throw the ball and how fast he's gonna check down from year to year.

Trestman in Baltimore had the makings of glorious comedy.

If nothing else, they're simply looking for someone else who's really good at not seeing what's right in front if his face...

Trestman in Baltimore had the makings of glorious comedy.

If nothing else, they're simply looking for someone else who's really good at not seeing what's right in front if his face...

To be fair, most of his issues have seemed to surface as a Head Coach. Seems to me he's still widely considered to be a catch as an OC.

To be fair, most of his issues have seemed to surface as a Head Coach. Seems to me he's still widely considered to be a catch as an OC.

I was skeptical of his hiring as the Bears' head coach because I did not have good memories of his time as the OC for the Steve Young era 49ers. I think people figure out his shit and his plans get stale.

Put it this way: I am pleased that the Cravens, possibly the team I most loathe in the NFL, have hired him.

Trestman's career is marked by amazing first years and then flame out second years as people figure out his offense and also that he is incapable of making adjustments. With the film already out there of his offense in Chicago it will be interesting to see whether he gets it off the ground in Baltimore.

And I try not to think about the Arians deal. It makes me sangry.

So John Fox spent an entire press conference calling Jay Cutler "Jake".

In fairness, it's tough to keep track of all these young passers....who've been in the league 9 years....and is the single most recognizable player on the team you agreed to coach.

But maybe he seriously thinks his name is Jake Utler?

So John Fox spent an entire press conference calling Jay Cutler "Jake".

In fairness, it's tough to keep track of all these young passers....who've been in the league 9 years....and is the single most recognizable player on the team you agreed to coach.

But maybe he seriously thinks his name is Jake Utler?

Perhaps he thought the Bears had gotten Jake the Snake from Denver...?

Archived