Acrophilia 5: And the winner is......

Dolorous Gabe

Did send my ideas... didn't have better ideas yet. Probably won't have better ideas.

Uh, you have a new avatar, DG!

I do indeed. A darker mood befitting my evil overlord side :wub:

In a few months I will get bored of the bleakness and change again to something more of the humorous variety.

If everyone who is listed in the group of players could send me a PM titled "Acrophilia 5 - [your board name]" before Monday that would be great. Thanks.

In the meantime, I'm feeling a desire to compete with a shadow for most evil theme so I'll be devoting time to finding some devious links. Words are wind and I'm feeling devious.

In the meantime, my interpretation of DG's new avatar:

I see in the darkness of a Long Night, a direwolf-dragon hybrid, illumined by the flames from which Jon Snow-Targaryen is reborn as Jon Snow-Targaryen Reborn. Also he seems to be a Sith Lord now. (edit: I mean Jon is a Sith Lord, not DG [sorry DG])

In the meantime, my interpretation of DG's new avatar:

I see in the darkness of a Long Night, a direwolf-dragon hybrid, illumined by the flames from which Jon Snow-Targaryen is reborn as Jon Snow-Targaryen Reborn. Also he seems to be a Sith Lord now. (edit: I mean Jon is a Sith Lord, not DG [sorry DG])

Well there is the possibility that in his 'resurrection' he becomes one with the Others. Embrace the dark side, Jon. Hey maybe Rhaegar un-exists as the current Night's King.

"Jon, I am your father"

:leaving:

Well there is the possibility that in his 'resurrection' he becomes one with the Others. Embrace the dark side, Jon. Hey maybe Rhaegar un-exists as the current Night's King.

"Jon, I am your father"

:leaving:

Alfie Allen did say there's a Star Wars kind of thing about Jon's parentage/birth...

I'm still accepting sign-ups as I have a few spaces available. I will continue accepting new entrants until Wednesday 28th January.

A few players still haven't sent me a PM titled "Acrophilia 5 - [your board name]". It's not essential as I can just send you one, but it will make it easier for me if you do it.

If I don't have a PM from you by tomorrow, I will send you first PM. In the meantime, I'm going to hand out character assignments to those who have already sent me a PM.

ROUND ONE ACRONYMS

Below are your acronym choices. I will shortly send out your characters via PM to those who have already sent me one as detailed above.

PLEASE REMEMBER to send a decent explanation of your clue with it. I will use your explanation during the favourite clue voting stage so draw attention to its cleverness as much as you like to try and win people over to it.

ELSOK

WWOGHDP

Your deadline day for creating this clue will be THURSDAY 29th JANUARY. There is no specific time by which everything has to be in, just some point during that day. On the following day, I will publish the clues. If any player has not sent me a clue, a 2-point deduction will be applied to the player's round total. As such, I advise sending me something acceptable early on so I have something, but you can continue honing it to perfection until the deadline. As your host I will try to be available as much as I can for you, especially on deadline days.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please let me know if anyone else is having similar issues with the website to those brought up by Lady Blizzardborn.

I haven't had any such issues lately. When I do I usually try using a different web browser. This often does fix the issue for me.

No. No problems - so a different browser might indeed work for LB.

Or shutting down her computer and restarting whenever this happens. And then onto cleaning the computer if neither of those work.

Not that I wish to teach my grandmother (not you LB) how to suck eggs.

There's an ASOIAF equivalent of that phrase, but can't remember it right now.

Just so everybody knows, I'm having problems getting pages to load on the site. It's pretty random when it will or won't work. Apologies if this messes anything up for the game. I thought about dropping out, but I won't give the page-loading-gremlins that satisfaction. ;)

I've had the same issue, but usually I can just refresh and the page will load properly. If it doesn't, I'll close out my tab for it and start it over. Tends to always come back. Once last week I did have an error message, but the forum was back up in about an hour.

It's funny. Pretty much as soon as I posted that I've had no issues lately I got all kinds of issues.

Please do tell me if you're having such problems close to the deadline, but this is why I have given you a whole day rather than a specific time to be finished by.

I've actually tried different browsers and even different computers, cleared the cache, ran scans, etc. Ran is even at a loss, though one ad has been identified as a problem. Here's the link to one of the threads discussing the issues if anyone wants to take a peek: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/122850-tower-on-fire-thingy-screwing-up-the-site/#entry6676188

It's working a lot better today. Refreshing has fixed the blank pages for the most part. :)

For those wonderful players who have completed their clues for Round One:

Let's have some fun

You are not allowed to look if you have not completed your clue yet :pirate:

EDIT: Please note a slight alteration to the theme point scoring system when a theme clue is purchased. Now, when a hint to the theme is purchased you will score half the usual points (so, if you get the full theme having purchased the hint you will get 2 points and if you get close enough to the full theme you will score 1).

Archived