The Following

Jack Bauer 24

Watched about halfway through the first season mostly because of James Purefoy. The concept was kinda cool at first...until it turned out that literally every other person on earth was in the cult, and always managed to throw Kevin Bacon and company through the ringer by infiltrating their trust and then turning on them. I have a pretty high tolerance for stupid (Da Vincis Demons is like my ultimate guilty pleasure) and that is just too stupid for me.

Watched about halfway through the first season mostly because of James Purefoy. The concept was kinda cool at first...until it turned out that literally every other person on earth was in the cult, and always managed to throw Kevin Bacon and company through the ringer by infiltrating their trust and then turning on them. I have a pretty high tolerance for stupid (Da Vincis Demons is like my ultimate guilty pleasure) and that is just too stupid for me.

I watched season 2, it got stupider.

• 1 month later...

I hate to be that guy that comments on a thread to say how much I can't stand this show but...... this show is absolute shit. I watched half of the first season and found Kevin Bacon's facial expressions to be astonishingly contrived, and think he was practically Dave Caruso reborn with his corny one-liners.

No one is forcing him to participate in this ridiculous bullshit. Shame he's wasting his talents just to get $$$$.

Maybe I should have said "we deserve Purefoy in better"

I can understand anyone not wanting to leave a paid gig unless they a) had something else lined up or B) were made redundant.

He had Rome and it was cancelled after two seasons (appalling to think the Following has lasted longer). He did an ok run on "the philanthropist" and it didn't make a season. His film endeavours were probably poorly chosen (classic "tv actor jumping to C-list movie") but didn't go anywhere.

Given that resume I can see why he's still with "The Following" and not leaving until he has to.

I was hoping with the short seasons he was using it to pursue other endeavours eg theatre or film. Haven't seen any evidence of films though and fairly clueless on the theatre front.

Archived