The Return of the Mountain Clans?

One of my favourite moments in ADWD is when Tyrion, whilst negotiating his admittance into the Second Sons, refers to Shagga and Timmett as men who have profited from his friendship. The Second Sons think he is making them up.

This moment is so great is because the reader knows what he is talking about and it reminds us of everything Tyrion has been through and how far he (and the story) has come since the Mountains of the Moon. It is a nostalgic moment. On the other hand the people with whom Tyrion is conversing have no idea what or who is talking about and the names do sound made up!

I got to thinking that there could be a great "I told you so" moment in the future books if/when Tyrion returns to Westeros with the Second Sons in tow (presumably under Dany's leadership) and Shagga etc re-unite and ally with Tyrion. Could the conversation with the Second Sons be foreshadowing this eventual reunion?

I strongly suspect Sansa will run into the Mountain Clans long before Tyrion does, If she gets kidnapped by the Mad Mouse, he will need to steer his escape route through the mountains, since LF can close the port at Gulltown. Chella and Timmet should recognize her.

But yeah, we need to see them again. And Timmet might have Arryn blood.

Archived