My Complex Theory

B-rad

The only thing that is "cannon" (I hate using that word because the books are not finished, so it is next to impossible to label what is "cannon") is that Danny was born "about 9 months after Jon." (Which is true if you accept GRRM said in an interview umpteen years ago is true and will be included In the series. So if you accept that Brandon & Ash conceived between, 1 month before and 1 night before Brandon was killed, then that would put Jon being born 8-9 months Into the war (not during the Sack) . BTW, if you believe that statement by GRRM about Dany being born 9 months after Jon, and you accept Jon was born "around the sack of KL" then you have to accept that Ned got to KL in time to see Jamie siting on the throne and then Was able to

to lift the siege on SE, kill the Kings Guard, and search enough places to gather the intel needed to find Lyanna in time to promise her something.

Look, I am not saying B+A=J, to be honest with you, I don't believe it. But I don't think it is fair to make assumptions on what is "cannon" because the Author responded to an interview question nearly 20 years ago. SSM shouldn't be used to validate theories. I am not an expert on the timeline surrounding Roberts rebellion, but based on the information in the BOOKS, and the opening the "unreliable narrator" gives GRRM, B+A=J is possible.

Sorry, but anyone who dismisses the SSM's as GRRM lying gets automatically dismissed by me. I do not believe he lies to his readers. He has said he doesn't/won't/wouldn't lie and I believe him. Sometimes in the older SSM's you can see there is some room for him having changed his mind maybe, and I think occasionally he must have done so. After all he has been writing these stories for a very long time, But I do not for one second buy the idea that he would change his mind about one of the most crucial pivotal plot points which the entire series hinges upon and the time line around the ToJ the ages of Jon & Dany & Robb are really fundamental elements to the story. If you believe that the SSM about their time of birth is false, then you must believe that he is deliberately lying to his readers, as it is just too far fetched to think he changed his mind about such an important element of his story. And it is you don't set up a mysterious parentage, dead princes and deposed royalty, throw in a woman said dead prince was known to have had sex with dying in childbed and then name your series after the elements their respective houses are represented by if it is not.

And as I said. if you honestly think GRRM lies to his fans I will just dismiss you out of hand, cos that it :bs:

Sorry, but anyone who dismisses the SSM's as GRRM lying gets automatically dismissed by me. I do not believe he lies to his readers. He has said he doesn't/won't/wouldn't lie and I believe him. Sometimes in the older SSM's you can see there is some room for him having changed his mind maybe, and I think occasionally he must have done so. After all he has been writing these stories for a very long time, But I do not for one second buy the idea that he would change his mind about one of the most crucial pivotal plot points which the entire series hinges upon and the time line around the ToJ the ages of Jon & Dany & Robb are really fundamental elements to the story. If you believe that the SSM about their time of birth is false, then you must believe that he is deliberately lying to his readers, as it is just too far fetched to think he changed his mind about such an important element of his story. And it is you don't set up a mysterious parentage, dead princes and deposed royalty, throw in a woman said dead prince was known to have had sex with dying in childbed and then name your series after the elements their respective houses are represented by if it is not.

And as I said. if you honestly think GRRM lies to his fans I will just dismiss you out of hand, cos that it :bs:

I am not saying he deliberately lied. I am saying maybe "the tale grew in its telling" and maybe something he said in an interview 20 years ago may have changed. His story is being told in the books, not in interviews. So please don't twist my words. I believe there have been preview chapters that changed once they were actually published. And to say that the timeline is "the most crucial pivotal plot point" is asinine. You are basing that crucial plot point on information that ISNT EVEN IN THE BOOKS!!!! How can it be crucial to the plot if it isn't in the books? The timeline in the books are vague at best!

I'm pretty sure the post you quoted already contains everything I have to say on the matter, specifically the bit mentioning the mysterious parentage, dead prince and woman we know he had sex with dying in childbed. If you are prepared to deny the blatantly obvious in favour of the absurd have at it.

Why in seven hells would Stannis legitimize Gendry? Stannis' whole reason for raising and army and trying to claim the throne is that he believes he is Robert's true heir. Legitimizing Gendry then would make him Robert's one true heir and Stannis' whole story arc becomes very pointless.

Stannis wants to sit on the iron throne because it's his duty not because he wants to. Even if he legitimized Gendry he would still be able to impose his Stannis philosophy upon the world and it seems like Stannis would like Gendry, he's a knight, he's nothing like Robert, and it would make Stannis's cause more appealing because people like Robert a lot more then Stannis. Plus he could probably try and marry him to his daughter that way his lineage won't die out and a Baratheon would sit on the throne. I mean just think about it, even if Stannis wins the Iron Throne the war would've aged him a bunch, he has no male heirs, and the only heir he does have is his sickly little daughter. He doesn't really have a lot of options here. So in other words it's not about him not being Robert's true heir it's getting one of his own.

Why in seven hells would Stannis legitimize Gendry? Stannis' whole reason for raising and army and trying to claim the throne is that he believes he is Robert's true heir. Legitimizing Gendry then would make him Robert's one true heir and Stannis' whole story arc becomes very pointless.

Also his story arch wouldn't be pointless he's going to be the one who reestablishes the Baratheon dynasty because lately it name has kind of lost power.

Also I'm starting to rethink who Aegon might marry. Of course he's somehow going to need to be allied with house Tyrell but I'm starting to think it's possible that Aegon might need to marry Sansa and not Margery. I'm not really sure how he get the Tyrells to ally with him then though especially with Margery's prospect of becoming the queen so polygamy might have to come into play. If this were to transpire then this would probably be one of the three offenses with the faith militant. In the past the faith militant overthrew the king because of three offenses I think one of them was polygamy and I can't remember the other two right now. But I can only summarize that something similar will happen with Aegon, the faith will ally with him at first along with the Tyrells to help with over throwing the Lannister/ Baratheon dynasty and reinstall the Targaryen dynasty. Like I said though Aegon is probably going to piss off the Faith militant and they're going to turn on him. Thoughts anyone?

Archived