Of Bloodraven and Varys

Doloresi

So I have just finished reading the three dunk and egg tales and I was taken by the similarities between bloodraven and varys. I don't know if it's been touched upon here but could Varys be the child of Bloodraven and his paramour Sierra? Perhaps he really lost his manhood to one of Sierras spells? let me know your thoughts guys.

I think you mean Shiera (Seastar).

I don't really see the similarity between Varys and Bloodraven. I would say the theory holds zero water.

Also, Bloodraven went to the Wall in 233 AC. He had disappeared in 252 AC. If Varys were to be conceived by the two it would have had to have happened before he left for the Wall. This would make Varys very old.

It's just that both are renowned for having thousands of spies in their employ. Both served a king Aerys. Both were heavily distrusted by most people. Both disguise themselves regularly (though one through mummery and the other through glamours). Both of them are very morally grey characters. I'm sure they have more things in common

The similarities would seem to be professional, not genetic. Other than the disguises, those common traits would apply to any effective MoW. Aerys may have had finding "a Bloodraven of his own" in mind when he went looking for a new MoW, but that doesn't require a family link.

Yes of course the master of whispers will have spies ect. I was just thinking with Varys theoried as being a possible blackfyre/brightflame why couldn't his lineage come from a different targ line, from someone he has much more in common with.

• 5 months later...

Varys is a Bloodraven wannabe.

Perhaps he is....but Bloodraven was once the Master of Secrets as well at one point, I would not be at all surprised to find out that Varys is somehow in league with Bloodraven. Don't ask me how they communicate but if someone is indeed pulling Varys strings, Brynden Rivers is as good a candidate as anyone. The thing we don't really know as of now is what Bloodravens agenda is, if he even has one. It's possible that He simply feels he needs to set Bran up u dear the weirtree to fulfill some sort of destiny and nothing more, or perhaps he feels he is serving the realm still, and Bran must learn to do the same so that he can finally die or, Warg I to a Dragon.....or, maybe he wants Bran to grow strong enough to Warg Into a Dragon to participate in a major conflict? I'm rambling......

So I have just finished reading the three dunk and egg tales and I was taken by the similarities between bloodraven and varys. I don't know if it's been touched upon here but could Varys be the child of Bloodraven and his paramour Sierra? Perhaps he really lost his manhood to one of Sierras spells? let me know your thoughts guys.

i have said this in Pro-blackfyre conversations. Doing backstabbing dirty deeds is "for the relm" 100% bloodraven Buisness. There is a reason why the golden company's motto is our word is as good as gold. And a reason why bloodraven was sent to the wall

No.  Varys would have to be way older to be Bloodraven and Sheira's child.

Far more likely that Varys is descended from Aerion "Brightflame" Targaryen or his son Maegor.  The Lys connection could be a hint.

Archived