Watch Watched and Watching: Episode X

AndyBaelish

Yeah it gets really funny the further into it you get and you realise how tied up it all is. Depending on how it ends (got two eps left) if the storyline ties up together somewhat when it would have made sense to have the format of one persons story per ep to get them all in and then hopefully season 5 would be the same old format if they're all reasonable together again. Will watch those last two eps soon.

Just watched The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Absolutely loved it, thought it was a beautiful movie. Dat cinematography and score :O ridiculous.

Thought the entire cast was great. Renner, Rockwell, and Dillahunt all were perfect in their roles but damn Pitt and Affleck were amazing.

I watched The East, a film about a woman working for a private security firm sent to infiltrate an anarchist collective who have issued threats against various large corporations. I thought it was reasonably good, I liked that the film didn't really unfold as I had thought it might and Brit Marling's character did have some good character development through the film.

Yesterday I watched the first episode of Ascension. It was OK, but nothing special. The big twist felt a bit obvious, and I think the show might have been more interesting if it had kept to the what initially appeared to be the premise.

Watched the series finale of Parenthood tonight. It was a bit cheesy, but not bad at all as finales go. When

Zeke had his talk with Sarah about her always being his favorite, I thought for sure we were going to get a repeat with each of the other three.

Has anyone watched the Cinemax show "Hunted"? ... after we finish Strike Back, we'll probably do the Americans... but we were wondering whether this was worth putting on the binge list.

I liked it quite a bit. There was either an extremely short thread about it (which I doubt is still around) or I talked about it a lot with a couple of other people in previous iterations of this thread.

Has anyone watched The White Queen? How does it compare to The Tudors as far as entertainment value?

It's a pretty lame show. It doesn't have any interesting characters, which is quite an accomplishment given the history it's based on. I guess the novels the show adapted are pretty bad. Doing all three in a single season probably wasn't a good idea either as the show definitely lacks a lead character.

Saw two amazing movies yesterday and today. First Casablanca, which I saw for the first time, and Boyhood. I don't know what more to add since both have been praised so much, but yeah, these two are masterpieces in my opinion, and definitely among the best movies I've seen.

Casabalanca just had great characters, great dialogue and a really engaging storyline. Everything just worked, and it is definitely worthy of its reputation.

Boyhood was emotional, clever and really innovative. The acting was great too, and seeing the characters age on screen was a real slice of life, as some people call it. Definitely worthy of the oscar for best picture (if it gets it), and also one of the absolutely strongest movies this decade.

Just watched The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Absolutely loved it, thought it was a beautiful movie. Dat cinematography and score :o ridiculous.

Thought the entire cast was great. Renner, Rockwell, and Dillahunt all were perfect in their roles but damn Pitt and Affleck were amazing.

That settles it - this is the next movie I will be watching. I almost always share your views on television/film/music.

Even though I'm one of the rare women who finds Pitt incredibly annoying and two dimensional, I'm always impressed by Casey Affleck's performances. Did you see him in Out of the Furnace? Holy god, he was great.

That settles it - this is the next movie I will be watching. I almost always share your views on television/film/music.

Even though I'm one of the rare women who finds Pitt incredibly annoying and two dimensional, I'm always impressed by Casey Affleck's performances. Did you see him in Out of the Furnace? Holy god, he was great.

I have not seen it, cast looks great though mayhaps I'll check it out, He was also really fucking good in Gone Baby Gone.

I think you will love Jesse James if only for Nick Caves score loll but seriously it was amazing I thought.

Saw two amazing movies yesterday and today. First Casablanca, which I saw for the first time, and Boyhood. I don't know what more to add since both have been praised so much, but yeah, these two are masterpieces in my opinion, and definitely among the best movies I've seen.

Casabalanca just had great characters, great dialogue and a really engaging storyline. Everything just worked, and it is definitely worthy of its reputation.

The most surprising thing to me is that Casablanca actually surprised me. There's so many famous lines from it (including one that doesn't actually get said in the movie) but what it's actually about and how it unfolds is not that well known.

Archived