Checkov's Guns

Seangel

So I was wondering if we could get a list of all of the checkov's guns that there are throughout this series. We've got Nymeria's uber pack and the fact that Jon Snow was legitimized by his brother Robb. I know there are a lot more but I can't think of them off of the top of my head

Tyrion being in charge of all the drains and sewers of the Casterly Rock at some point.

Howland Reed's presence at the TOJ.

Golden Company's 'friends in the Reach'.

Leyton Hightower being stuck in his tower for the past 15 (?) years, doing who knows what.

Manderly's fleet.

The Dragon Horn.

The Horn of Joramun (that Sam's got).

'Impregnable' Eyrie.

Jon and Tyrion's "friendship" or whatever you want to call it. Really Tyrion's time spent at the Wall in general. GRRM had the opportunity to have it payoff when Mornont sent the dead hand to KL but Tyrion didn't acknowledge it.

The Winterfell Crypts

The number of Horns mentioned, including Sams.

The Night's King Story

Rheagar's ruby that was never found.

The discrepancy in the # of Nights Watch Commanders

"Where do whores go"

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell"

The book Roose burned at Harrenhall.

Manderly & Umber's ships that were commissioned.

Ned's Bones

Robb's Will

Seriously this entire series is full side stories and as one poster said, there is no way to determine if it is a Red Herring, Checkhov's gun, or just plain World-Building until after the series is done.

naval Checkovs: Aurane waters, Corsair king, Manderly fleet, Salladhor Saan, Braavos (?), Volantis (not the fleet going towards meereen, that wouldn´t be a checkov i think, but rather all those comercial ships waiting to be used in Volantis)

You made me remember the Widow at the waterfront. I'm sure she will appear again somehow.

Archived